North West Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association 09/10

captaindaddy;364064 said:
hi all its been awhile.
not long 2 go.
is all the gossip about this new side true - will b very interesting.
not sure if this will change my top 4 prediction...... where r they from and wot standard of cricket have they been playing in...r they from turf or synthetic....going 2 b very interesting.
i think i will stay with my earlier prediction of ......(in no particular order)-
- glady...always hard 2 beat just cant seem 2 get over that final hurdle
- pacco....very consistent but think losing some ground
- ccc....competitive last season, good pick-up in macca and think some improvement in a few big names
- not really sure on this 1 ....toss of the coin

wots happened with taylors..r they not playing in luscombe and wot grades will they b competing in ..very interesting

they tell me thomas has left taylors, they might stuggle if this is true,

yeh i think u heard rite about thomas ..... took on some sort of coaching role i heard.
taylors must b spewin :eek:

voodoo;364077 said:
they tell me thomas has left taylors, they might stuggle if this is true,

correct.......gone back to yarraville where they dont like him either.......ahhhhhh

weapons05/06;364198 said:
correct.......gone back to yarraville where they dont like him either.......ahhhhhh

i am assuming taylors made the decision to leave thinking big red would be playing in the first year of the move to the vtca.u watch them drop of like fly's now, most of them will want to come back and will get sick of the travel in the first year, playing all games away.

voodoo;364231 said:
i am assuming taylors made the decision to leave thinking big red would be playing in the first year of the move to the vtca.u watch them drop of like fly's now, most of them will want to come back and will get sick of the travel in the first year, playing all games away.

we've been training next to them they are looking the goods........

voodoo;364231 said:

You can't seriously believe a club or its players would change its mind because 1 player left. A little short term pain (possibly all away games this year) will be more than compensated for over the next few years as they stop losing their best young talent who want to try their luck on turf. The guy they have replaced Thomas with can play, doesn't bowl quite as well but a better bat, so they will be no worse off. Taylors Lakes have the potential to be a very strong club in the higher divisions of the VTCA in a short period of time, because of the size of their club

From what i can read you might as well skip the season and just let Glady and Pacoe play the final now, why would you want to waste your time making up the numbers.

A ball hasn't been bowled and already teams (players are intimidated by reputation) drink a glass of cement and harden up.....

Players should love the challenge of playing against Big name players and there reputation (ego's)

:cool:

weapons05/06;364240 said:
we've been training next to them they are looking the goods........

looking good ?

weapon my friend , the lakers will struggle to be competative let alone win one game ! i know this club better than most , being a legend of the place . unfortunately they were a little premature going to vtca . thomas leaving is a blessing . the guy is a #@$% and not that good . anyone can get 45 wickets per season by bowling 25-30 overs per game . his type , every team in the vtca has at least 4 off and plenty quicker and better !! the guy was soft as margarine !
the writing is on the wall . playing a better standard , away games for 6 months , getting beaten every week , players struggling to make runs / taking wickets , all the ingredients for disaster .

and attracting better players ?
what appeal has playing on a school ground have !
dont forget where they were 4 years ago ? what new club rooms changes everything ?
long long season ahead for the boys

the lakers legend not happy

laker's legend;364565 said:
looking good ?

weapon my friend , the lakers will struggle to be competative let alone win one game ! i know this club better than most , being a legend of the place . unfortunately they were a little premature going to vtca . thomas leaving is a blessing . the guy is a #@$% and not that good . anyone can get 45 wickets per season by bowling 25-30 overs per game . his type , every team in the vtca has at least 4 off and plenty quicker and better !! the guy was soft as margarine !
the writing is on the wall . playing a better standard , away games for 6 months , getting beaten every week , players struggling to make runs / taking wickets , all the ingredients for disaster .

dont forget where they were 4 years ago ? what new club rooms changes everything ?

With legends like you, who needs enemies. They have gone into Nth A, not directly into Senior Division, so they will be fine this year, maybe wont make finals but will hold their own easily. If u are an ex Lakers player (which I doubt) u should congratulate the club on the steps forward it has made over the last 4 or 5 years, not critisize it for wanting to try and improve. The club has the basics in place to be a strong VTCA club in the future

laker's legend;364565 said:
looking good ?

your a deer with no eyes......obviously i agree on thomas.......but well done to them for having a crack.......plenty of jnrs coming through so a bright future is on the cards........

vtca nth a seriously some teams in the willy comp would be right up in the top 4.....but thats my opinion......

hi there some very interesting comments.
on thomas.....whether we like him or not he is there 2 do a job - and what a job he has done 4 taylors over the past few seasons.
gees i wouldnt mind having somebody of his calibre lining up next 2 me rather than against me .
45 wickets in top grade is no mean feat no matter how many overs u bowl and overs bowled at an excellent run rate may i add.
anyways, cannot wait till the start of the season....still waiting 4 a fixture and the final line up of teams in all grades.
the comment on a gladdy vs pacco luscombe final and no other chance.....dont agree and we will let results do the talking.

jika jika;364592 said:
With legends like you, who needs enemies. They have gone into Nth A, not directly into Senior Division, so they will be fine this year, maybe wont make finals but will hold their own easily. If u are an ex Lakers player (which I doubt) u should congratulate the club on the steps forward it has made over the last 4 or 5 years, not critisize it for wanting to try and improve. The club has the basics in place to be a strong VTCA club in the future

Spot on there Jika....go the Lakers.....;)

captaindaddy;364613 said:
hi there some very interesting comments.
on thomas.....whether we like him or not he is there 2 do a job - and what a job he has done 4 taylors over the past few seasons.
gees i wouldnt mind having somebody of his calibre lining up next 2 me rather than against me .
45 wickets in top grade is no mean feat no matter how many overs u bowl and overs bowled at an excellent run rate may i add.
anyways, cannot wait till the start of the season....still waiting 4 a fixture and the final line up of teams in all grades.
the comment on a gladdy vs pacco luscombe final and no other chance.....dont agree and we will let results do the talking.

u havnt seen the weapon then have you............ahhhhhhhhh

go the lions.......:eek:

if thomas is gone then who cares, taylors are gone , who cares.
weapons plays in another comp.
somebody give me some info on the new luscombe team?
Does anyone know players etc

voodoo;364231 said:

Didn't take much for you to have a cheap swipe at lakes....still licking your wounds from last season keats ??

woof woof

jika jika;364592 said:

jika

ahhhh some people just have little idea
i was responding to a previous entry - lakers looking good !
i dont think you have any idea about the standard of cricket they will be playing and their performances in the last cpl years .
facts -
vtca standard stronger , even north 1 !
you take out the performances of thomas and markham in the last 3 years , especially finals , there is not much left . you seen to forget the same team minus thomas struggled to make finals in the nwca .

same team minus thomas ,playing better standard , on sub standard wickets , away every week . do your sums .
simple . the season is going to be a grind . players will be lost . what new players they will get , who knows ??

as a ex players and someone who has followed the comp / club for years
i commend the club for moving forward . was the decision premature , lacking wisdom , who knows . counting on the likes of thomas and johny markham ? thomas gone , johny is approaching 40 if not 40 ! wise ?

another fact you have overlooked . the area taylor's are in , there are 50 clubs to choose from .district , sub district , vtca senior , vtca north 1 etc etc .
the appeal playing for taylors ?
they dont even play on a cricket ground , its a school play ground !
i'm not knocking them , just stating facts . when decision made did they look past this season ?

As mush as I hate them I personally hope Taylors go well as it will be a reflection on the standard of our comp. If they are not competitive after dominating the last 3 seasons we will look stupid Thomas or no Thomas.

laker's legend;364838 said:
jika

ahhhh some people just have little idea
i was responding to a previous entry - lakers looking good !
i dont think you have any idea about the standard of cricket they will be playing and their performances in the last cpl years .
facts -
vtca standard stronger , even north 1 !
you take out the performances of thomas and markham in the last 3 years , especially finals , there is not much left . you seen to forget the same team minus thomas struggled to make finals in the nwca .

same team minus thomas ,playing better standard , on sub standard wickets , away every week . do your sums .
simple . the season is going to be a grind . players will be lost . what new players they will get , who knows ??

as a ex players and someone who has followed the comp / club for years
i commend the club for moving forward . was the decision premature , lacking wisdom , who knows . counting on the likes of thomas and johny markham ? thomas gone , johny is approaching 40 if not 40 ! wise ?

another fact you have overlooked . the area taylor's are in , there are 50 clubs to choose from .district , sub district , vtca senior , vtca north 1 etc etc .
the appeal playing for taylors ?
they dont even play on a cricket ground , its a school play ground !
i'm not knocking them , just stating facts . when decision made did they look past this season ?

fact........they have a home ground for season 09/10

and if you were so much in the know you would know about this.........so maybe your not........????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back