North West Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association 09/10

laker's legend;364838 said:
jika

ahhhh some people just have little idea
i was responding to a previous entry - lakers looking good !
i dont think you have any idea about the standard of cricket they will be playing and their performances in the last cpl years .
facts -
vtca standard stronger , even north 1 !
you take out the performances of thomas and markham in the last 3 years , especially finals , there is not much left . you seen to forget the same team minus thomas struggled to make finals in the nwca .

same team minus thomas ,playing better standard , on sub standard wickets , away every week . do your sums .
simple . the season is going to be a grind . players will be lost . what new players they will get , who knows ??

as a ex players and someone who has followed the comp / club for years
i commend the club for moving forward . was the decision premature , lacking wisdom , who knows . counting on the likes of thomas and johny markham ? thomas gone , johny is approaching 40 if not 40 ! wise ?

another fact you have overlooked . the area taylor's are in , there are 50 clubs to choose from .district , sub district , vtca senior , vtca north 1 etc etc .
the appeal playing for taylors ?
they dont even play on a cricket ground , its a school play ground !
i'm not knocking them , just stating facts . when decision made did they look past this season ?

Reckon I might have a fair idea of the standard they will be playing as in the last 5 years my club has been in Nth B, Nth A and Senior A. Also played about 8 years ago in NWCA for 2 years, so I think I have some idea of the standard they are coming from and going to.

I think u might find they have a half share in a ground for this year and as such will be scheduled 6 "home" games, so thats 1 disadvantage gone. New coach is the equal of Thomas as a player so there no worse off talent wise. Nth A is a better standard than where they have come from but it aint that great. Dont know why u presume wickets will be substandard, clubs like Avondale Heights and Footscray United produce batting paradises. At 40 Markham may not be as good as he once was but will still have enough nouse to get enough runs this yr. As u pointed out, he performs best in finals, when the opposition are better and there is more pressure.

Why will the season be a grind, the chance to play new teams at new grounds could hardly be a grind, even if they don't dominate like they have for the last few years, and the only players that will be lost are those not prepared to test themselves at a higher standard, hardly great losses anyway. I have no idea if they have any other new players apart from Jones but playing the higher standard will only help to attract players.

I'm not sure why people play at Taylors Lakes, but enough do to fill 7 senior cricket teams, about the same number or more of junior teams, Milo cricket, Football (seniors and juniors), tennis and social sports of other types so they must be doing something right. Probably adds up to 400-500 members, maybe its u that has a problem where they play.

I dont see 1 negative in any club striving to improve itself. Many clubs from the NWCA/EBKCA have transferred to the VTCA and sucseeded, and a few have failed. Clubs like Doutta Stars, Strathmore, Westmeadows, Tullamarine, Greenvale and others have made the change and sucseeded. Why not get your head out of your arse and show the club u claim to support and claim to hold legend status at some support, the easy thing to do is critisize

laker's legend;364838 said:
jika

ahhhh some people just have little idea
i was responding to a previous entry - lakers looking good !
i dont think you have any idea about the standard of cricket they will be playing and their performances in the last cpl years .
facts -
vtca standard stronger , even north 1 !
you take out the performances of thomas and markham in the last 3 years , especially finals , there is not much left . you seen to forget the same team minus thomas struggled to make finals in the nwca .

same team minus thomas ,playing better standard , on sub standard wickets , away every week . do your sums .
simple . the season is going to be a grind . players will be lost . what new players they will get , who knows ??

as a ex players and someone who has followed the comp / club for years
i commend the club for moving forward . was the decision premature , lacking wisdom , who knows . counting on the likes of thomas and johny markham ? thomas gone , johny is approaching 40 if not 40 ! wise ?

another fact you have overlooked . the area taylor's are in , there are 50 clubs to choose from .district , sub district , vtca senior , vtca north 1 etc etc .
the appeal playing for taylors ?
they dont even play on a cricket ground , its a school play ground !
i'm not knocking them , just stating facts . when decision made did they look past this season ?

Do you think your good now that you play at Keilor???
Stick to making great cordial..................:D:D

tjs kats;364686 said:
if thomas is gone then who cares, taylors are gone , who cares.
weapons plays in another comp.
somebody give me some info on the new luscombe team?
Does anyone know players etc

Singh Saba have until Friday to pay their bond if they do they are in Luscombe if not it is likely that Clarkefield will be promoted up.

They will be based at Broadmeadows Valley Park and from what I hear will be very very good with two or three players coming from much higher standard

4's n 6's;364821 said:
Didn't take much for you to have a cheap swipe at lakes....still licking your wounds from last season keats ??

woof woof

gee u had 2 bring keats into it, wake up u r the 1 thats have the issues.

Gladyboy;364979 said:
Singh Saba have until Friday to pay their bond if they do they are in Luscombe if not it is likely that Clarkefield will be promoted up.

They will be based at Broadmeadows Valley Park and from what I hear will be very very good with two or three players coming from much higher standard

How long do you think their players will last once Shep get's a hold of them Verbally?
How's the new coach going at Borough Park? Heard a rumour Big Johnny heading back the play at Scumbury, any truth?

voodoo;364984 said:

ease up Voodoo , Keats has shot his mouth off enough to Cop whatever he get's on the Chin and he wouldn't want to complain, I'm sure he'd agree.

cutoverslips46;365011 said:
How long do you think their players will last once Shep get's a hold of them Verbally?
How's the new coach going at Borough Park? Heard a rumour Big Johnny heading back the play at Scumbury, any truth?

No truth Johnny is on the track loves the joint always helping out to get shit done around the club wherever he can

Gladyboy;364979 said:

Singh Saba? You'd reckon their clubrooms will be well furnished.:)

voodoo;364984 said:

voodoo

question

why is there so much hatred towards keats . is he the most hated man in the nwca ?

i have seen him play few times , has a go , big mouth , competitor . why do so many people dislike him ?
talking about most hated , who is the most disliked person in the nwca ?

cpl candidates -

d viani
markham ( gp )
keats
the entire kealba team
the entire roxy club
telford
shep
pavlich

cant include thomas , who was the most hated man in the state . its a shame , good player , central figure in the lakers success , not liked and forced out !

Anyone who plays for Buckley Park playing this sunday in the practise match against Pacoe? The 1st players..

laker's legend;365513 said:
voodoo

question

why is there so much hatred towards keats . is he the most hated man in the nwca ?

i have seen him play few times , has a go , big mouth , competitor . why do so many people dislike him ?
talking about most hated , who is the most disliked person in the nwca ?

cpl candidates -

d viani
markham ( gp )
keats
the entire kealba team
the entire roxy club
telford
shep
pavlich

cant include thomas , who was the most hated man in the state . its a shame , good player , central figure in the lakers success , not liked and forced out !

Lakers legend please mate what has Johnny ever done to fit the category I can see why some might hate Keats we love him at Glady and even Shep with the way he gets carried away from time to time can rub oppostion players and supporters up the wrong way but Johnny is a gentlemen. I can only presume you hate him because he is a gun much the same as the way I hate Didak please explain.

As for the question about who is the most disliked player what sort of low life are you ?

You can't go any lower than ask a question like that. There is a big difference to being competitive,passionate and loyal to your club and using a public forum for the good of the game, compared to being an absolute s**t stirrer who just wants to cause trouble by singling out individuals to abuse and lower the standard of content we read here.

Keep it up and the thread will be shut down again. Grow up and start respecting people. Most of the people on that list are only there because they are good,decent cricketers and are leaders at their clubs. Jealousy is a dangerous thing.

Mod edit: This is in reply to a deleted post but it's too good to leave deleted.

Boys, 12th man has hit the nail on the head with his post above. No discussing "most hated" players, it's too subjective and will only lead to arguments and so on.

Let's try to keep it above board, that way I don't have to remove/edit posts and we all remain happy.

breeno;365659 said:
Boys, 12th man has hit the nail on the head with his post above. No discussing "most hated" players, it's too subjective and will only lead to arguments and so on.

Let's try to keep it above board, that way I don't have to remove/edit posts and we all remain happy.

Well said 12th man

Only 2 weeks to go! I am interested in everyone's thoughts on the following:

Premiers?
Grand Finalists?
Top 4?
Top 5 Run Scorers?
Top 5 Wicket Takers?
Wooden Spooners?

Cheers.

12thman;365651 said:
As for the question about who is the most disliked player what sort of low life are you ?

You can't go any lower than ask a question like that. There is a big difference to being competitive,passionate and loyal to your club and using a public forum for the good of the game, compared to being an absolute s**t stirrer who just wants to cause trouble by singling out individuals to abuse and lower the standard of content we read here.

Keep it up and the thread will be shut down again. Grow up and start respecting people. Most of the people on that list are only there because they are good,decent cricketers and are leaders at their clubs. Jealousy is a dangerous thing.

Mod edit: This is in reply to a deleted post but it's too good to leave deleted.

interesting reply 12th man

you need to lighten up , dont take yourself to seriously and dont be so self righteous . the same issue raised its head in the same forum last season .
and you make reference to discussing cricket only on this forum !
what a load of crap . most content on this forum is personal , having cracks at players , clubs , officials etc .
if its not keats , its thomas , shep or the gladdy cricket club , roxy or kealba etc etc
constructive forum !
define constructive ?

jealously !

jealous of what ?
your vast knowledge of the game of cricket ?
question , have you ever played ?

you tell me something constructive about cricket !

this forum is no different than any other . have a read of the vtca forum . there is no reference to cricket , its all about personal cracks at players and clubs .
there is nothing malious in it . its all fun ,in jest and light hearted banter. just relax boys .

constructive chat , lets start today with you 12 th man .

give us something

give me some thoughtful insight into the season ahead .

who will make top 2 , top 4 , bottom 2 , influentual players , batsman and bowlers , most improved , young players taking thge next step ?

12 th man i've given you a head start .

laker's legend;365815 said:
most content on this forum is personal , having cracks at players , clubs , officials etc .

you tell me something constructive about cricket !

this forum is no different than any other . have a read of the vtca forum . there is no reference to cricket , its all about personal cracks at players and clubs .
there is nothing malious in it . its all fun ,in jest and light hearted banter. just relax boys .

You may want to bring this place down to your level but frankly it's not going to happen. I am sick of seeing the same old petty arguments breaking out because people want to take pot shots at each other.

Just because you see it as light banter doesn't mean that the next person will. Yes, you can have a chat, a crack at someone here and there but there is a limit. Let's be honest here, talking about who is the most disliked player is something you do in junior school, not when you're grown adults.

This goes for this forum and all of the others in the club section.

I've said this before, carry on and I'll happily close this forum down.

Second Slip;365812 said:
Only 2 weeks to go! I am interested in everyone's thoughts on the following:

Premiers?
Grand Finalists?
Top 4?
Top 5 Run Scorers?
Top 5 Wicket Takers?
Wooden Spooners?

Cheers.

Premiers- Gladdy
Would have to be favourites now that taylors are no longer around