Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

As someone who started his cricketing life with Olympic Youth Cricket Club (now Colts) grew up and still lives in the area, get the chip off your shoulders!! I have played in the ECA and now the DVCA for the past 20 years and it may surprise you that there is a large amount of people that are involved in my (affluent club), that were born and bred in the housing commission scum that seems to weigh you down so much. Like most sports, cricket is a great leveller and it pisses me off when I here people whinge and moan about trivial shit like name calling and use it as an excuse. Now more importantly, when are the powers that are, going to commemorate the history and players of the past. Olympic YCC was a great club to grow up in and I have always wondered why over all the years there has never been anything done to make contact with those from the past. Some truly excellent cricketers of the past HDCA days. (not me included);)
And more on that, it wasn't that the comment was made to a senior player, we'd all wear that. And we'd give plenty back as well.
But it was said to a 15 year old kid, who didn't need to cop that.
By the way where have you been since the exodus in the early 90's. I've played there since 1977 and only missed one season when I played in the West Gippsland league. With 35 years at the club I've got every right to say my peace without a slap from someone who left the club yet still lives in the area. Again, come down make yourself known and help us contact the Olympic Youth boys you are all welcome.

is there anyone that can shed some light on player movements this upcoming season? we are only 5 weeks out from the season there must be something out there?

is there anyone that can shed some light on player movements this upcoming season? we are only 5 weeks out from the season there must be something out there?

McCann and Jesenseck on their way to cotchin on big dollars...apparently the board agreed on a meeting last week to take them on

Pretty good story. Too bad they are already signed up at other clubs. Next.....

The mail that we have been hearing is that Rosebank have been very active in the trade market.
Word is that McCann is going to be on a retainer of 12k for the year, $75 per wicket, and 10 per run.
AJ is incentive only (very strange...) $12 per run

That may well be what Rosebank might offer, but my mail is that AJ has committed to Rivergum again this season, and McGann is coaching up Sunbury/Gisborne way, as he lives out that way somewhere.

The mail that we have been hearing is that Rosebank have been very active in the trade market.
Word is that McCann is going to be on a retainer of 12k for the year, $75 per wicket, and 10 per run.

que : rosebank person to say we dont pay any money.

add to all that, favrin from heid, does not walk away from the club he's loved his WHOLE life for less than 10k, strange to be paying this kind of coin to someone who will play for 1-2 years max, look like the jika shield is up for sale again.

paranoia is back

well looks like a rosebank/keon park final just like old times...........rivergum without Aj and bramich(overseas) will struggle you'd think.

no mate, it will be Rosebank, daylight and then Keon park. They smashed us by 80 runs 2 weeks before finals
and then just chocked! you add Favrin in that team and its another player who will take 30 wickets and make
500 runs. They should've of won 3 in a row in HDCA. you got to get them napping on the day.

Just a rumour I heard.

Camrea are in all sorts of froth and bubble and I am told they actually contacted Rosebank and asked them to consider merging.
Rosebank declined politely.

This came from an aquaintance who claims to have been told this by people from Rosebank. I got it second hand so can't verify it.

Anyone else heard this or that Camrea are in all sorts?

Just a rumour I heard.

Camrea are in all sorts of froth and bubble and I am told they actually contacted Rosebank and asked them to consider merging.

This came from an aquaintance who claims to have been told this by people from Rosebank. I got it second hand so can't verify it.

No idea about the off field stuff, but on field, Camrea are looking very much in trouble to keep their A grade position.
Finished 2nd last, have had more high profile players leave/finish up and havent at this stage, recruited anyone to fill the gaps.
No real juniors players coming through.
Hard times ahead I thinking.

No idea about the off field stuff, but on field, Camrea are looking very much in trouble to keep their A grade position.
Finished 2nd last, have had more high profile players leave/finish up and havent at this stage, recruited anyone to fill the gaps.
No real juniors players coming through.
Hard times ahead I thinking.
I think its a reflection of the game's status at grassroots level. Too many clubs, not enough players. Maybe the league will benefit long term by strategic mergers of clubs that are geographical neighbours, giving them the ability to retain talent and obtain council funding for top class facilities?

on the moey re CUmrea approaching $$$osebank, thanks but no thanks,
you'll find $$$osebank will top up with whoever they want!!
Camrea gone! would't surprise me if $$$osebank take them over.
I know that $$osebank won't leave Jika again.

Just a rumour I heard.

gee, im surprised that propping themselves up with cash and not looking after their own has landed themselves in trouble.
they may as well merge with sammy the pimp, by the sound of it, he's got more players than they do

next cab off that rank...$$$$bank

when was the last time either of them produced a gun player of their own under 20?? or even under 25? you cant buy them forever,, $$$$bank are buying 35yo's these days....sign of the times and the writing is on the wall.

hard to recruit 20year olds to a club full of 35plus'ers

gee, im surprised that propping themselves up with cash and not looking after their own has landed themselves in trouble.
they may as well merge with sammy the pimp, by the sound of it, he's got more players than they do

next cab off that rank...$$$$bank

when was the last time either of them produced a gun player of their own under 20?? or even under 25? you cant buy them forever,, $$$$bank are buying 35yo's these days....sign of the times and the writing is on the wall.

hard to recruit 20year olds to a club full of 35plus'ers
I am sure nothing would give you greater pleasure

Ive never heard a bigger bunch of shit in my life.. Camrea will never fold or merge. The club has fought its way 2 be were it is.. They will always find a way back from the depths of hell.. Good luck 2 them.. But i wonder if they r thinking leaving jika was the best option now..

nobody cares about cumrea! We are a very underated comp, if we stick togther and build
the comp we will be the best metro comp going! The key is everybody backing each other up
not talking garbage about each other, you will find that the old HDCA clubs are already having second thoughts
of going to the DVCA. Everybody should worry about how can we make the comp bigger, stronger!! Stick by the big clubs they
will attract big clubs, grassroots isn't what it once was, kids aren't intersested in spending a day plaing cricket, things need to changing to keep the kids invoved, we should be the ones doing this, more 20/20 more one dayers, get a carnival happening,something different. NUMBER ONE WE SHOULD STOP BAGGING EACH OTHER! THERE ARE ENOUGH PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE COMP DOING THIS ALREADY ! THAT"S WHY THE SUPER COMP NEVER GOT OFF THE GROUND, THEY ALL THINK WE ARE SCUM BAGS!!! AND I TAKE THAT PERSONALLY! SO LETS SHOW THEM WHAT WE CAN REALLY DO!

Back