Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Re: Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Snake;355493 said:
Clubs generally attract big names with money.
Surely this should not be happening anymore in the NMCA.

Clubs with strong Junior program will prosper. That must mean the Northcote Utd should win the flag. That dont pay players...... apparently.

Snake;355493 said:
Clubs generally attract big names with money.
Surely this should not be happening anymore in the NMCA.

oh it will still happen, clubs will just have 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 paid players, but nowhere near the 6 or 7 like the ex clubs who paid for their flags

onward and upwards nmca, i want a rego plate for my car
NMCA - The Fairest Comp

northmetroboy;355507 said:
oh it will still happen, clubs will just have 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 paid players, but nowhere near the 6 or 7 like the ex clubs who paid for their flags

NMCA - The Fairest Comp

I love cricket.

[QUOTE=canplay1;355530

funnily enough, they dont ring a bell.....canplay but cantread....for the 200th time i'm not from northcote united.

go up and say something to ada to his face....let me know how you go

northmetroboy;355595 said:
funnily enough, they dont ring a bell.....canplay but cantread....for the 200th time i'm not from northcote united.

go up and say something to ada to his face....let me know how you go

good sportsman!

northmetroboy;355507 said:

NMCA - The Fairest Comp

whether you pay 6 or 7, or 1 or 3 you are still buying a flag, are you not, but i think you will find a lot of the clubs pay all of their players, most pay for a win, how much is anybodys guess, but the 11 players all get money for winning, and that even happens in the lower grades, add to that money for so-many runs or so-many wickets per game and you can make some nice petty cash. i still think your way off the mark with what your saying about ex-clubs, you have never put up anything substantial to back your opinion, just a great deal of slander and inuendo and as for your rego, i suggest R.A.C.V

sidney;355632 said:
whether you pay 6 or 7, or 1 or 3 you are still buying a flag, are you not, but i think you will find a lot of the clubs pay all of their players, most pay for a win, how much is anybodys guess, but the 11 players all get money for winning, and that even happens in the lower grades

That's a big claim. And more than likely an incorrect one.

sidney;355632 said:
whether you pay 6 or 7, or 1 or 3 you are still buying a flag, are you not, but i think you will find a lot of the clubs pay all of their players, most pay for a win, how much is anybodys guess, but the 11 players all get money for winning, and that even happens in the lower grades, add to that money for so-many runs or so-many wickets per game and you can make some nice petty cash. i still think your way off the mark with what your saying about ex-clubs, you have never put up anything substantial to back your opinion, just a great deal of slander and inuendo and as for your rego, i suggest R.A.C.V

i'm talking about serious cash, not a few free beers or $20 here and there.

substantial, let me see, how many of rosebank and camrea's MAIN premiership players would fit within the budget at say...socials, baseballers, united, keon park, trinity, cobras, lalor,....see what i'm talking about....each of those clubs could afford 1 or 2 maybe 3 not 5, 6 or 7.

You mentioned baseballers budget.
I know for a fact that they have offered big money to a loyal Camrea player in the past ($7000) to Captain/Coach. This player knocked it back and got and still gets paid nothing from Camrea.
The two Sri Lankans lads they had Fernando and Perrera would cost them $5,000 each and once they are established players the price would go up to about $7,000. Perrera will get more at Lalor Stars than he did at Baseballers. Baseballers is a very poor example.
Northern Socials have made approaches in the past to Alex Jesensek to join their club and Northcote United as well. What he has been offered is not a beer and $20. My view is that as long as the club is being responsible with its money (i.e. don't promise money that you have not got) then the board of that club who is elected by the members can do whatever they see fit as long as it is in line with the objectives set out by that club. If I am a member of that club and I don't like it, I have an opportunity to turf them out with my vote at an AGM.

Snake;355685 said:
You mentioned baseballers budget.
I know for a fact that they have offered big money to a loyal Camrea player in the past ($7000) to Captain/Coach. This player knocked it back and got and still gets paid nothing from Camrea.
The two Sri Lankans lads they had Fernando and Perrera would cost them $5,000 each and once they are established players the price would go up to about $7,000. Perrera will get more at Lalor Stars than he did at Baseballers. Baseballers is a very poor example.
Northern Socials have made approaches in the past to Alex Jesensek to join their club and Northcote United as well. What he has been offered is not a beer and $20. My view is that as long as the club is being responsible with its money (i.e. don't promise money that you have not got) then the board of that club who is elected by the members can do whatever they see fit as long as it is in line with the objectives set out by that club. If I am a member of that club and I don't like it, I have an opportunity to turf them out with my vote at an AGM.

who is the camrea player??

baseballers may be bad example, but you gave me 2 names who get paid, so maybe baseballers paid 3 maybe 4.....but its not 5,6 or 7.

we all know that clubs pay, they dont buy premierships with 1,2 or 3....its 5,6 or 7 that most clubs CANNOT compete with.

ps not sure where you get your figures from, are you the accountant for the world??????? who really knows amounts? why do you think you do....the amounts you mentioned here are laughable

Snake;355685 said:
My view is that as long as the club is being responsible with its money (i.e. don't promise money that you have not got) then the board of that club who is elected by the members can do whatever they see fit as long as it is in line with the objectives set out by that club. If I am a member of that club and I don't like it, I have an opportunity to turf them out with my vote at an AGM.

In the end, that is the crux of the argument. Club members have the final say on how there funds are spend. Full Stop. Whether a club pays a player or a number of players is neither here or there, it's members who decide whether money is spent wisely.

northmetroboy;355690 said:
ps not sure where you get your figures from, are you the accountant for the world??????? who really knows amounts? why do you think you do....the amounts you mentioned here are laughable
If you want a Sri Lankan cricketer the guy at Northcote United will tell you what they cost. The good ones cost 5k, the average one will cost you 2-3k. If they prove themselves after two years the price goes up. You have very little knowledge of what is going on.
I will re-iterate it is up to the clubs boards to do as they please with their clubs finances and it is up to those clubs members to decide whether they are doing a good job or not.
You and your opinions have no relevance.

Snake;355696 said:
If you want a Sri Lankan cricketer the guy at Northcote United will tell you what they cost. The good ones cost 5k, the average one will cost you 2-3k. If they prove themselves after two years the price goes up. You have very little knowledge of what is going on.
I will re-iterate it is up to the clubs boards to do as they please with their clubs finances and it is up to those clubs members to decide whether they are doing a good job or not.
You and your opinions have no relevance.

the guy at northcote united will also inflate the price to know alls, seems like you have fallen for that trap...lets not forget he gets a cut of what they get paid....very little knowledge is your wrong opinion...

i agree that boards will do what they please, doesnt change the FACT that boards with most money will buy premierships.....either way these mercenaries have now moved on to ruin other comps

its all good news for the nmca

Hey there guys,
We at St Mary's in the MMVCA are looking for a coach/captain for the 09/10 season, If anyone is interested in having a chat about it drop me a private message and i will fill them in on the details

Cheers guys

northmetroboy;355699 said:
the guy at northcote united will also inflate the price to know alls, seems like you have fallen for that trap...lets not forget he gets a cut of what they get paid....very little knowledge is your wrong opinion...

i agree that boards will do what they please, doesnt change the FACT that boards with most money will buy premierships.....either way these mercenaries have now moved on to ruin other comps

its all good news for the nmca

I must say you are very funny.

Snake;355712 said:
I must say you are very funny.

what's funny is the name of the shield you guys will be playing for and then have to buy in five years

money, money, money

northmetroboy;355717 said:
what's funny is the name of the shield you guys will be playing for and then have to buy in five years

money, money, money

That's funny as well.

can we please get off the subject of who pays who, I would agree that most clubs now pay in some form or another for however many they can afford. Unfortunately it is the way of the world - Back in my day we played for the thrill of the competition, Back in my day I could buy a house for $17k. A lot has changed. So before anybody on here spruiks saying their club doesn't pay as much or at all, you are probably putting your own club down for not being able to organise the cash to buy a McGann, Plumpton or even Lancaster.

Onto more relevant news - Jika Shield, Lalor and Cobras up Socials get to stay will these three be competing for relegation? Quick can cameron bounce back, how will Bundoora and Dennis go? Kelly, welcome back Kingsbury I hope they can get the numbers they need and if so I would pencil them in already.

With the big guns gone can Christie win a McFarlane Medal? to go with his Tollit's. Who are the players to watch in each grade now.

Back to what mum always said during the last recession, if you can't say something nice don't say it at all. Good luck to everyone for the season, represent your club with dignity wherever you are.

northmetroboy;355717 said:

money, money, money

in a perfect world players would nt care about money to play cricket but in a perfect world we would all be on squillions , i dont mind teams paying players to play it brings good players into a comp and i believe you become a better cricketer playing against these cricketers. if you are good enough to get paid then why not some of the money goes back into the club anyhow, especially on saturday nights.

Fuel to the Fire;355724 said:
So before anybody on here spruiks saying their club doesn't pay as much or at all, you are probably putting your own club down for not being able to organise the cash to buy a McGann, Plumpton or even Lancaster.

Unfortunately Northmetroboy does not see it like that. If your club can generate the money, they can spend it however they like.
Good luck to all the clubs in the NMCA for the coming season.
Lalor will not be fighting for relegation.

Back