Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Re: Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Really, what does it matter if a club pays or not? If someone is good enough to be sought after, then surely their skills deserve reward?

If a club has spare cash then as it's been pointed out, it is up to them how they spend it. Of course, if league rules state that payment isn't allowed then that's another thing but maybe the rules should be updated?

I tend to agree with MC and Snake on this issue.

I can't see a problem with paying players, for the reasons shown above.

northmetroboy;355682 said:
i'm talking about serious cash, not a few free beers or $20 here and there.

substantial, let me see, how many of rosebank and camrea's MAIN premiership players would fit within the budget at say...socials, baseballers, united, keon park, trinity, cobras, lalor,....see what i'm talking about....each of those clubs could afford 1 or 2 maybe 3 not 5, 6 or 7.

Again, only what you think, again, no proof of your substantiate evidence of fact. How many of those clubs pay for a winning game, not a losing game, but every player in the winning eleven getting GOOD bucks to win a game, NOT beer money, but serious coin. How about some evidence that Rosebank and Camera supposedly pay their players the amounts your sprouting

sidney;355779 said:
Again, only what you think, again, no proof of your substantiate evidence of fact. How many of those clubs pay for a winning game, not a losing game, but every player in the winning eleven getting GOOD bucks to win a game, NOT beer money, but serious coin. How about some evidence that Rosebank and Camera supposedly pay their players the amounts your sprouting

Look it does not matter what any club pays players. What matters is that the clubs can afford to pay players and are not financially irresponsible in doing it. If the boards are irresponsible then Northmetroboy has a point but ultimately if a board does the work to secure sponsors and generate funds through successful social functions then they can do whatever they like with the money they generate. The members of any club will determine whether a clubs board has done a good job or bad job in the pursuit of club goals.
Northmetroboy a message to you; drop the player payment subject because it is a fact of life. Feel free to bring it up if a player has been promised money and any club has not been able to meet that committment. From a club point of view spending money you have is not a crime, spending money you don't have is.

Snake;355814 said:
Look it does not matter what any club pays players. What matters is that the clubs can afford to pay players and are not financially irresponsible in doing it. If the boards are irresponsible then Northmetroboy has a point but ultimately if a board does the work to secure sponsors and generate funds through successful social functions then they can do whatever they like with the money they generate. The members of any club will determine whether a clubs board has done a good job or bad job in the pursuit of club goals.
Northmetroboy a message to you; drop the player payment subject because it is a fact of life. Feel free to bring it up if a player has been promised money and any club has not been able to meet that committment. From a club point of view spending money you have is not a crime, spending money you don't have is.

Very good post Snake.
I would think that for a club to pay reasonable amounts for players they would have the money already as a surplus from the previous season or at least tied up the same if not more from their sponsors.I know we have a budget for players and the same for our junior progarm.After sponsors alone there would still be a small surplus still leaving canteen sales,player subs,grog and revenue from functions.
If a club has say 5k in the bank but are paying between 8-20k on players,I think that is irresponsible and would doubt that the members and supporters are being told.If you aint got it dont spend it!

northmetroboy;355488 said:
any names teapicker?? who is your source??

they lost perera?? are the other 2 abeyratne from last year and fernando from the year before??

who is the diamond valley big name??

surely it would be impossible to attract a big name this season, the comp has suffered and baseballers appear to have a mass walkout!!!!!

Sticca is off to North Geelong!

Bartos;356022 said:
Sticca is off to North Geelong!

Sticca was asked to leave due to an incident at presentation night. Papers have been stamped never to return.

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but last week i was told by a mate down at North Heidelberg, that they submitted an application to join NMCA has anybody else heard this? what other teams will join?

Walk it Out;356271 said:
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but last week i was told by a mate down at North Heidelberg, that they submitted an application to join NMCA has anybody else heard this? what other teams will join?

Are you telling us that North Heidelberg Football Club are submitting an application to join?

Teapicker;356239 said:
Sticca was asked to leave due to an incident at presentation night. Papers have been stamped never to return.
Oh OK what happened? Thought he was pretty quiet. Have a few mates down at North Geelong and they were telling me about a new player from Preston called Marco. It's a really good club!

Brains;356318 said:
Are you telling us that North Heidelberg Football Club are submitting an application to join?
Yes that's what i was told, has anybody else heard this? also has any other teams submitted to NMCA?

Walk it Out;356539 said:
Yes that's what i was told, has anybody else heard this? also has any other teams submitted to NMCA?

yeh ive heard that they are going to enter 2 sides

early predictions
Keon park to win the flag with ease
Lalor to surprise and be a contendor
Cobras to get relegated.
baseballers will have a shocker
holy trinity to make the 4
druids not going to fair too well
socials in same boat as druids
northcote to go out in straight sets

jack quick, rivergum to win if they pull there heads in and perform when it matters

jack kelly, the darebin chargers!!! to win in there first year

informant;357348 said:
early predictions
keon park to win the flag with ease
lalor to surprise and be a contendor
cobras to try and cheat there way out of relegation without success
druids no good again
socials no good either

jack quick, rivergum to win if they pull there heads in and perform when it matters

jack kelly, the darebin chargers!!! To win in there first year

your a tool !

Informant;357348 said:
early predictions
Cobras to try and cheat there way out of relegation without success
druids no good again
socials no good either

reservior mayston in kelly shield easily !

Informant;357348 said:
early predictions
Cobras to try and cheat there way out of relegation without success
druids no good again
socials no good either

tool

Cut the crap guys.

The insults and making it personal just turns this thread into a crapheap again, pull your heads in.

I also must inform you, that I'm getting sick of people having a go at me when they receive an infraction. If you go around blatantly insulting people, don't act like a victim when you receive a warning.

If you think there is something wrong with a post, I urge you to report it, as we cannot read everything.

Cheers, Breeno.

Back