Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Congratulations to the six teams that have made the respective grand finals in the North Metro Cricket Association for season 2010/2011. A couple were obvious favorites to take the big dance from early on in the interrupted season, while a couple of others have come thru at the right time.

NMCA. Jika Shield. Grand Final. 19th & 20th March. Selection Bolded.
Keon Park vs. Northcote United at Ruthven Reserve, East Preston.

Rd. 07. Northcote United 90 (O'Flynn 17, Nourish 2/0) lost to Keon Park (8/184 cc (Docherty 84, Ekanayake 2/32).
Rd. 10. Keon Park 6/152 cc (Millane 32, Nicsopoulos 1/10) lost to Northcote United 4/154 (Lambert 58no, Thompson 58, Tabain 2/20).

NMCA. Quick Shield. Grand Final. 19th & 20th March. Selection Bolded.
Olympic Colts vs. Darebin Chargers at Donath Reserve $1, Keon Park.

Rd. 06. Darebin Chargers 8/252 cc (Dhingra 104, Braunton 3/26) def Olympic Colts 9/155 cc (McLean 36, Thind 4/30).
Rd. 14. Olympic Colts 9/190 cc (Hopkins 79, Sharma 2/20) def Darebin Chargers 53 (Sachdeva 20, Kannegiesser 5/28).
SF. Darebin Chargers 254 (Purba 52, Nicholson 4/88) lost to Olympic Colts 9/255 (Barker 97, Dhingra 3/41).

NMCA. Kelly Shield. Grand Final. 19th & 20th March. Selection Bolded.
Kingsbury vs. Strathewen at Barling Park, East Oval, East Preston.

Rd. 02. Strathewen 7/153 (Bragagnolo 57no, Mahony 3/19) def Kingsbury 151 (Atkinson 44, Toull 4/22).
Rd. 08. Kingsbury 9/96 (Mummery 24, Baker 24, Balme 4/17) def Strathewen 95 (Bragagnolo 26, Mahoney 3/14).

I think you will find its a little more complicated than that !
A very unfortunate situation has occurred and feel sorry for all involved especially baseballers. we need people to run the competition otherwise thats it !

Does that mean the rules have been changed and there is no qualification rules any more or is it a political decision

Congrats to Keon Park today on the Jika Shield win, proved to experienced for the Northcote United boys.
Michael White showed courage to bat through that misdirected throw. Also uniteds skipper Lamberts speech at presentation was second to none.

Anyone care to eloborate as to what happened in the Quick Sheild Grand Final?
I have heard police were called to the ground, someone was attacked with a bottle and racial comments seem to have started the incident.

Congratulations to Premiers accross all grades...

In particular well done to the boys from Keon Park in taking out the JIKA Shield flag after a great season. Well deserved.

Macleod%20CC%20logo.jpg

Macleod Cricket Club Inc.
Affiliated with the D.V.C.A.
Invite applications for the position of
Club Senior Coach (Playing/Non Playing)

Currently playing in the Barclay Sheild Competition (A grade),
It is now time to move up the ladder and your appointment
is the first step in doing so.
Suitable candidates must have a minimum Level 1 coaching
accreditation and be prepared to invest in the youth of the
area coming through the ranks.
These opportunities do not come up often and the club is
looking long term with this appointment.
Remuneration is open.
Please forward resumes/applications including the last
10 years of playing/coaching history to Macleod Cricket Club's
Secretary Jacques Chaperon at macleod@club.cricketvictoria.com.au
or phone 0412-507-609.

overheard a interesting conversation at the weekend that there has been a mass walkout at the reigning premiers and only the A grade players were at their presentation night on Friday night. Anyone else heard anything.

Hey boys kooks like we will be going it alone, DVCA are to good to combine to setup a super structure my mail is that their club
Presidents have had a meeting and canned the proposed merger, talk about arrogant, they have at least 5 ex jika teams in that comp!! But they don't want to go ahead with the structure!! Not good for cricket in the North!!! Why would't you merge the comps???? cricket is going down the toilet and they are helping the process!!!! Terrible short cited people!!!! Will the hdca and nmca now merge?? Just have to wait and see, but I doubt it, let's just be prepared to stick together and do what's right for our comp.

Hey boys kooks like we will be going it alone, DVCA are to good to combine to setup a super structure my mail is that their club
Presidents have had a meeting and canned the proposed merger, talk about arrogant, they have at least 5 ex jika teams in that comp!! But they don't want to go ahead with the structure!! Not good for cricket in the North!!! Why would't you merge the comps???? cricket is going down the toilet and they are helping the process!!!! Terrible short cited people!!!! Will the hdca and nmca now merge?? Just have to wait and see, but I doubt it, let's just be prepared to stick together and do what's right for our comp.

So what your saying is that your comp is F....d and in order to be saved, you need the DVCA to join and keep you propped up? Please feel free to inform me how a merger was going to be the saviour of the doomed sport of cricket in the Northern Suburbs?
What all of a sudden all these people were going to take up the sport because it was going to be a bigger comp and you would have to travel greater distances? Sounds very appealing! I know, it was going to create a greater standard of competition.......perhaps, maybe, who knows! So I get the picture of how it works in your comp. The Executive run the show and whatever they say, you do! Great system, works well for sheep! Thats why Lalor Stars, Epping, Camrea, Mernda etc, etc loved it so much. Such a great comp, thats why you have all these bullshit clubs with stupid names of 2 senior sides and no juniors, poor umpire numbers. As for the Presidents all getting together and useing the forum provided to state that they did not want to be part of a merged comp, well hello....the one thing the DVCA exec did inform us was that it would be up to the individual clubs to join the new comp or chose otherwise. All that has happened here is that the clubs have got together as one and stated there position, which happens to be to stay in the DVCA! I would of also thought that arrogance was making decisions without thought of the stakeholders and there opinions and in this case in total contrary to the opinion of the majority! Enjoy your cricket, should be a cracking comp game with plenty spice!

you have it in one Turbo!! Sheep, to say the least, no umps, crap admin and everybody bags each other.
Why do you think we wanted to merge????? at least we would of played some decent cricket!!
We will just keep wiining flags in a run down comp with no direction!!! give it 10 years and there won't be any
cricket in the Northern suburbs!

Big mail boys, I hear most of the DVCA board have or will resign before or at their AGM!!! And we are a bunch of rabble!!!
This is the funniest thing i have ever hear( if true) the powerhouse losses all its commitee!!!!!!! Geez they must be good to lose all them blokes! give me a break they are just as bad as we are and yes they approached us to merge!! DVCA JOKE!! thats their new comp name. hhhaaaaa i can't get over it!

Big mail boys, I hear most of the DVCA board have or will resign before or at their AGM!!! And we are a bunch of rabble!!!
This is the funniest thing i have ever hear( if true) the powerhouse losses all its commitee!!!!!!! Geez they must be good to lose all them blokes! give me a break they are just as bad as we are and yes they approached us to merge!! DVCA JOKE!! thats their new comp name. hhhaaaaa i can't get over it!

Classic, the DVCA definately have inflated opinions of their comp, still living in the 80's.
(read their forum, jesus!!! how strong and good are they lol)

the nmca is bouncing back, mostly unified now that the clubs who attempted a dictatorship have left.
The nmca will survive and prosper as it is prepared to move with the times, it has proved it does not need 'the successful cashed up clubs who bought their premierships'.

Ironic that the dvca clubs do not like the merger idea as in the end it was initiated by them!!!!!

just typical that their admin makes decisions without clubs consultation, the nmca knows all about this, we saw what happened when camrea and rosebank people were on the board.

IMO the NMCA should stay as is, keep away from the rabble, we know all about rabble, we were a rabble, we cleaned it up and we are well and truly on the up.

Right on the money northmetro boy who do these blokes think the are? much better without the mentioned clubs!!
have DVCA really pulled the pin( my mail is they have) bunch of tools we will go it alone.
I think we should consider not playing any comp games against them? beat last year anyway! they are full of themselves.
I can't beleive they approached us and now they are saying we are not good enough! Sorry to disappoint you but we will win another one. HHHHHAAAAAA

Anyone???????
So are we now merging with the HDCA or Not???????​
Looks like the NCL is dead and buried. It seems that the intellectual giants in the DVCA decided to reject the whole concept before they even knew what was being offered. Anyway I don't know if the NMCA and HDCA are going to still get together but I think it should happen. We could still have a pretty good comp if the two comps got together and joined everything up.

Looks like the NCL is dead and buried. It seems that the intellectual giants in the DVCA decided to reject the whole concept before they even knew what was being offered. Anyway I don't know if the NMCA and HDCA are going to still get together but I think it should happen. We could still have a pretty good comp if the two comps got together and joined everything up.

Don`t have to be an intellectual giant to reject something thats got more flaws(floors) than the Eureka Tower! The DVCA clubs were not going to support something with scant detail that all and sundry recognised was more about the NMCA and HDCA! Blind freddy knows the problems those two comps has, so easy to see that they would be gullible enough to except anything that was told to them. Luckily the DVCA clubs are not sheep that follow blindly, but organisations with strong administrations that no a pup when than see one. I reiterate once more, how many DVCA clubs have left to join either Northern/Jika or HDCA in the past? Answer that and if your smart enough you might work out where the problems lie!

Don`t have to be an intellectual giant to reject something thats got more flaws(floors) than the Eureka Tower! The DVCA clubs were not going to support something with scant detail that all and sundry recognised was more about the NMCA and HDCA! Blind freddy knows the problems those two comps has, so easy to see that they would be gullible enough to except anything that was told to them. Luckily the DVCA clubs are not sheep that follow blindly, but organisations with strong administrations that no a pup when than see one. I reiterate once more, how many DVCA clubs have left to join either Northern/Jika or HDCA in the past? Answer that and if your smart enough you might work out where the problems lie!

Point is valid, however funny how the 'problem children' of previous jika exec, (you know the ones who gave it a bad name) are attached to the clubs who are now in the DVCA. With all the DVCA admin apparently standing aside, heaven help them if some familiar names join the DVCA board

I can smell a rat here. Good luck DVCA is all I can say.

Back