Nz In Australia 2011

Awesome test match. Rarely will I enjoy watching Australia lose as much as that.

However, yet again Australia loses a lot of wickets for **** all. This is starting to get scary. Warner batted well to prove that it was a pitch that you could score runs on, but no one else managed anything of note. The extras were the third highest source of runs for goodness sake! There is obviously a problem with the Australian top order at the moment, we are being bowled out for low scores far too often. Not to take anything away from the kiwi's, they played well, especially from a bowling point of view and I certainly don't mind them finally getting one over us in a test. So long as it doesn't become a habit ;)

I'd say that will be the end of Hughes for a while with (hopefully) Watson, Marsh as well as Khawaja all fit and all with a better claim to/technique for opening. But maybe this isn't the right thread for my selection ramblings, so I'll just leave it at that for now.

YES!!!! :)

A brilliant match, what you need to understand is that many people in NZ would of been happy if we had come away with a draw. ;)

I can't believe Clarke coming out after that test and publicly humiliating Hughes, he's a professional and doesn't need to be singled out in a test match that only two batsmen really got some runs on. We all know that Hughes should get dropped but singling him out is an immature thing for the captain to do when he should be looking at the bigger picture, the senior guys didn't get any runs whatsoever.

But hey, for us kiwis. We are loving cricket right now :p

Pretty lame effort really. Pitch wasn't that bad, Warner at least showed he was prepared to play patient and positive cricket. Got to question some of the shots played though. Hughes caught at slip AGAIN, Ponting just awful.

Should have passed them four or five down. Pretty ordinary effort, India will slay us if we keep turning in that rubbish.

YES!!!! :)

A brilliant match, what you need to understand is that many people in NZ would of been happy if we had come away with a draw. ;)

I can't believe Clarke coming out after that test and publicly humiliating Hughes, he's a professional and doesn't need to be singled out in a test match that only two batsmen really got some runs on. We all know that Hughes should get dropped but singling him out is an immature thing for the captain to do when he should be looking at the bigger picture, the senior guys didn't get any runs whatsoever.

But hey, for us kiwis. We are loving cricket right now :p

Clarke says a lot of stuff, I'm never sure if his brain is in gear, really what else is he meant to say when asked about Hughes? He's backed him and backed him up to now.

But yes our senior players are the most culpable for me. One duff shot after another, only Huss got a ripper.

Anyway really fine last day, edge of the seat stuff and deserved winners.

What a great game, fantastic. Let this be a message to grounds men around the country. We can have dull or we can have 31/2 days of yes yes yes.

For me those guy's before covered pitches must have seen a lot of this sort of pitch, shows just how good they really were.

Back