Oz/Kiwi Sport

Hi Pete. Missed the first session as Marc and I were pruning the front lawn
trees. Who won the toss. You getting the FOX CRICKET telecast? Will take a look at that Hughes dismissal. I have my doubts over whether Gilkes has the patience for red ball cricket. He certainly should never have been thrown into the opening role only because he has opened in white ball cricket. When will our selectors grow a brain. Will answer the rugby post later mate.
Did you get all your pruning done Craig ?
Was very surprised when the Blues won the toss & decided to bat, the wicket was always going to seam around a fair bit.
Got the Fox telecast through Sky Sport, Sky get live cricket now & again, but it's always matches played outside NZ... tried Australian Family Cricket but all they had was audio on the final.
All the young blokes really struggled, you can't buy experience... you must be disappointed with the Blues total, if they had applied themselves more they would've got well over 200.

Last edited:
Poor application and technique from the rookies. There is still a green tinge on the deck this morning Pete so yes Patterson erred not sending them in . Now the sun has dried any under surface moisture the track looks very good for batting. The Blues now will be chasing this game and I cant see them coming close to a win.
Great you can get the Fox coverage and yes I was surprised the ACF did not live stream it when it said it was.

Last edited:
Bryce Street is the kinda opener all Test teams need mate. Slow he may be but he is accomplishing the most vital task an opener can.. removing the shine and potency from the new ball to make batting easier for his team mates. Mate if not working come on here and chat cricket during play.. will be like us watching the game together.

The Blues badly need some wicket takers otherwise I see the Bulls with a 300 lead. These two are simply playing our maiden after maiden and tiring our quicks.

Street does need to work on strike rotation plus his spin play. Then he will be 'cherry ripe' for Tests.

Last edited:
Only saw bits & pieces today mate because I had some signage to do... but we can have a good yak during the match on Saturday.

If Street can make big improvements ticking over the runs & with his effectiveness of blunting the new ball so well he could be a very good test opener.

Yeah, luckily I'm able to watch the match Craig... not the same when you only get audio.

They've almost got 300 & only lost 3 wickets... hopefully Hazlewood can knock over 2 or 3 early wickets in the morning session mate, the other bowlers need to keep the pressure on as well & chip in with a few wickets too.

Last edited:
Morning Pete willl keep eye out when game starts at midday your time. My curse is back.. crap sleep last two nites gggrrrr.

We both agree about Street. Just the Test opener the BGs need
. This AB deck is a nitmare for our quicks as there is little penetration on this road and Marnie is murdering us.. Selectors got it arse up again.. leaving out our teen leggie Sangha. I can see Mitch Swepson causing chaos when we bat again as the pitch wears.

Morning Craig... sorry to hear you didn't get much sleep again mate.

The deck is a bit of a road now & also pretty slow, good that you got a wicket today, but that was more about a bad shot playing on to the stumps... thought the Blues would've been far more proactive from ball one this morning & at least put one close in fielder to apply some pressure on the batsmen, yeah, Sangha would be ideal on this wicket.

How does this bonus system work, by runs & wickets ?

Queensland commentators are really bias Craig... reminds when we play the Jaffas in any sport, their commentators are really bloody bias as well.

Bonus points system works like this Pete.
The batting side receives 0.01 points for every run scored beyond 200 in its first 100 overs of its first innings. The bowling side receives 0.1 points for every wicket taken inside the first 100 overs of its opponents first innings.

The Blues earned sweet f/a points from its first innings and Bulls rolled us inside 100 overs. So our mob were already well behind the game. Now they hold a 200 run lead. Depressing as we are not even in the contest mate.

Bias and annoying on the ears those comms. mate.

Last edited:
Thanks for explaining the bonus point procedure Craig :thumbsu:

Mate, you must be very disappointed... it's the old story though if a team performs poorly at the start of a match whether batting or bowling you're going to struggle big time on most occasions to get back in the match.

Blues look like facing a 250 deficit.. ahhhh. At least bat out the day and show some grit. The Bulls wont be worried if Blues do as they have Sweppo up its sleeve on a wearing fourth day track. Close.. 246 deficit.. still ahhhh.

Last edited:
If there is still the minutest chance for the Blues their two old heads Hughes and Patterson must anchor this second innings Pete.

Have survived first 10 overs.. now Swepson is on. Too nervy to watch.

Like the positive approach by the openers now. Heck Hughes undone by an Ussie screamer at gully. See it Pete.

Last edited:
Blues openers played really well Craig - Hughes was very unlucky, was a brilliant catch, Patterson played a pretty loose shot to get caught in slips.
2 wickets down, but almost knocked off 100 of those runs... your blokes need to get a good partnership going again.

Last edited:
Blues openers played really well Craig - Hughes was very unlucky, was a brilliant catch, Patterson played a pretty loose shot to get caught in slips.
2 wickets down, but almost knocked off 100 of those runs... your blokes need to get a good partnership going again.
This positive approach ended both Hughes and Patterson.. the two Blues experienced hard heads had to hang in there and take game into tomorrow. Both failed to do so and will be kicking themselves playing at deliveries that should have been left and would have been with a different mindset. Now their bravado has left the Blues in more muck.

He had played well to that point. These are small technical tweaks these kids need to make to remain at this level.
He looks to be a very good player for the future mate... yeah, lack of experience really cost him, same goes for your other young fella just lunging his front foot forward but not moving his back foot at all.

Last edited:
Poor by Edwards playing across the line in front of the sticks... like the look of Edwards, has to show a lot more patience though.

As I saw it Sangha was beaten by the pace and late inmovement before he could move back leg into position Pete. Take another squizz at the replay. Edwards and Gilkes lack the composure and technical skill to play at this level at the moment. Like you I think Gilkes is a ruff diamond and may find a middle order spot later on. He also keeps. Hearne imo is ready and should be given a state contract.

Last edited:
Back