Oz/Kiwi Sport

Had a few looks at the replay Craig... for me it looked like Sangha got stuck on the crease, the ball hit his pads, then he came forward trying to convince the umpire he was playing off the front foot.
Think you mentioned Hearne earlier in the thread ? sounds like he has a pretty good technique.

He had played well to that point. These are small technical tweaks these kids need to make to remain at this level.
Yeah, making the right little adjustments is so crucial in a players technique whether it's about inexperienced or experienced players... same goes for other sports like league, rugby, tennis etc.

Morning Pete. Yes be good if this pair were able to get them to bat again. Holt looks like he can handle a bat and Starc has a FC 99.
We will have to rarely differ over Sangha's dismissal. I feel he was beaten by the induck.. a good ball by a promising quick.. I have tipped a Test career for Bartlett.

Mate did some of these cricketers of this era not have coaches in their growing years. I reckon the first thing a youngster needs to learn is play defense with soft hands. Check out how many even international class players that get out playing hard at balls and nicking off to the slips. Those that dont you can count on two hands.

Another case of lack of red ball coaching is the way Holt just threw it away. Do not sweep in front of your stumps. Also when playing spin use the crease and your feet.

Will be over shortly and the Bulls will finally have triumphed after six previous times trying to beat the Blues in a final. Not having Smith, Cummins, Warner and Henriques helped their cause no end.

Last edited:
Pete some of these sheila's are hard on the ears.. same as some blokes. Not heard of your bloke but we have our own that commentate everything until you are tired of his voice. I used to be critical of most of the old 9 cricket comm. team.. other than Richie Benaud and that Pom Nicholas.

Morning Pete. Yes be good if this pair were able to get them to bat again. Holt looks like he can handle a bat and Starc has a FC 99.
We will have to rarely differ over Sangha's dismissal. I feel he was beaten by the induck.. a good ball by a promising quick.. I have tipped a Test career for Bartlett.
Morning Craig... that's fine mate, we will just have to disagree on the Sangha dismissal.
Bartlett looks to be a top prospect.

Mate did some of these cricketers of this era not have coaches in their growing years. I reckon the first thing a youngster needs to learn is play defense with soft hands. Check out how many even international class players that get out playing hard at balls and nicking off to the slips. Those that dont you can count on two hands.
Totally agree mate, it's ridiculous how many batsmen get caught in slips defending too hard with the hands, very easy to adjust to soft hands, as you say it's just basic stuff.

Another case of lack of red ball coaching is the way Holt just threw it away. Do not.. do not sweep in front of your stumps. Also when playing spin use the crease and your feet.

Will be over shortly and the Bulls will finally have triumphed after six previous times trying to beat the Blues in a final. Not having Smith, Cummins, Warner and Henriques helped their cause no end.
Yeah, you're taking a big risk sweeping in front of your stumps, if you sweep make sure it's wider of the stumps.

Great to hear mate that you have had a big advantage on them in the last 6 years... reckon if you had those 4 players in the team you would've beaten them 7 times in a row in a final, bloodly IPL.

Last edited:
Pete some of these sheila's are hard on the ears.. same as some blokes. Not heard of your bloke but we have our own that commentate everything until you are tired of his voice. I used to be critical of most of the old 9 cricket comm. team.. other than Richie Benaud and that Pom Nicholas.
Richie Benaud was the best cricket commentator I've ever heard, his analysing was great & he was always fair to both sides... the Pom Nicholas grates on me & is nowhere in the class of Benaud.

Scotty Stevenson was on the commentary team when you played us in the 20/20 series... the bloke is utterly useless.

Last edited:
Tail wagging.

All over red rover. Bulls are worthy victors. Pete it did take the Blues to play a quartet of babies in key batting positions for those banana munchers to finally beat us from seven previous finals attempts.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're taking a big risk sweeping in front of your stumps, if you sweep make sure it's wider of the stumps.

Great to hear mate that you have had a big advantage on them in the last 6 years... reckon if you had those 4 players in the team you would've beaten them 7 times in a row in a final, bloodly IPL.
Bloody IPL. Bloody greedy cricketers and bloody promoters for enticing our best cricketers to chase the obscene pay packets for a few week of slap and tickle cricket.

So Pete now have to wait until the BCs tour the land of Pommies to get further pure cricket as that is it for our season.

Last edited:
Richie Benaud was the best cricket commentator I've ever heard,
The consumate pro was Richie mate..learned his trade at the posh BBC. Said the secret to good commentary was to not describe what spectators just saw. Keep the verbals to a minimum in other words.

Last edited:
Yeah, having 3 inexperienced young fellas batting in your top 6 was always going to put a ton of pressure on the Blues in the final.

That's for sure Craig, the cricketers that go to play in the IPL are definitely greedy mongrels, all they can see are $$$$$$$$$$$... I wish the coaches had the balls to give them an ultimatum, like, if you play in the IPL we won't select you in test matches, instead we will pick players that want to play for their country in red ball cricket... think that comp only goes for several weeks, so they would then miss out on a lot of Test matches & that would really peeve them off.
At the moment all international cricket is scheduled around that IPL rubbish & that's absolute bullshit !

Richie Benaud was spot on mate when he said, " the secret to good commentary was to not describe what spectators just saw " too many commentators do that... supporters want to hear intelligent comments & smart analysing during a match by commentators.

I wish the coaches had the balls to give them an ultimatum, like, if you play in the IPL we won't select you in test matches, instead we will pick players that want to play for their country in red ball cricket..
Agree 100% When you think about it many of those Aussies playing IPL are already on hefty pay packets.. over $1mill some of them. I guess also that IPL is usually in April and our Test season is over. So I dont blame those blokes that are not in the millionaire club to snap up the big IPL bucks. But no way should our best Test players not be available when needed.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's great for the blokes that are not getting the big money in international cricket... thing is though the IPL is always going to interfere with test cricket somewhere in the world & you want to be at full strength when countries are playing against each other.

Pleased to see that a good deal of Aussie players have decided to head to England and play the County circuit this year. Reckon in the long term it'd benefit some of our young up and comers to get first hand knowledge of Pommie conditions.. if not First/Second division County.. then second tier or even League (club) Cricket. Some of our great like The Waughs, Clarke, Ponting all cut their teeth in some form of English cricket.

Last edited:
Yeah, county cricket is an excellent place to home your skills & patience for test cricket... think our first cricketer to play county cricket was Glenn Turner in the 70's... since then some of our other greats like Hadlee & Crowe played a lot of county cricket in England as well.

Back