Oz/Kiwi Sport

That will be a nice little pay day for Conway.
Pete no mention by Somerset website as late as this morning re telecasting the match. Reckon they'd be publicizing it to the rooftops.

Pete dont think Somerset is covering the match.. Cricfree certainly not..

Last edited:
Bloody annoying as bet you were looking forward to seeing how Black Caps were warming to the series mate. Somerset are running second in the County comp so a good hit out for your boys.

Just went onto the Somerset site and there is not one word about them hosting the BCs let alone a report on the first day's play. What are the ECB doing, trying to scrub the importance of TEST cricket. As Victor Meldrew says.. "I dont believe it".

Yeah, very frustrating mate, the info on the match is very poor overall... the shocking weather is ruining our preparation for the first Test.
They reckon Boult heads to England on the 3rd June.

Last edited:
Not sure what that link is for mate.

Nothing on the BC website re the match either Pete. You think it was a washout?

Second day of Lords Test. Strange Boult is not coming in time for selection.

Last edited:
That link lost the info that I wanted to post mate... here's another link : weather is that bad will probably be a washout.

Reckon it just shows how bloody gutless & weak Stead is by letting Boult go on Holiday when he should clearly be playing in the 1st Test.

Last edited:
No mention of the Somerset warm up Pete only the intra-squad match. Something but nowhere near sufficient prep for a Test series.

Craig - Conway made an unbeaten 55 in intra-squad match ...but prefer playing him down the order.

C8..jpg

Black Caps two-day intra-squad match at Southampton :

Latham XI :
Tom Latham (captain), Devon Conway, Tom Blundell, Ross Taylor, Colin de Grandhomme, Kyle Jamieson, Doug Bracewell, Matt Henry, Ajaz Patel, John Turner (local), George Harding (local).

Williamson XI : Will Young, Rachin Ravindra, Kane Williamson (captain), Henry Nicholls, BJ Watling, Daryl Mitchell, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Neil Wagner, Jacob Duffy, Ajeet Dale (local).

It started {Thursday} yesterday mate 9.30am {NZT} - as mentioned in the post Conway scored an unbeaten 55 as an opener... didn't know about it until I saw the article this morning.

Goes to show you how far Test cricket has fallen Pete when touring teams have to play among themselves to get bloody additional Test prep. Back in Bradman's day touring for the Ashes the Aussies played every English county side thruout the series. No wonder they dominated all matches.

Last edited:
Yeah, just playing a practice match among ourselves does stuff all for our preparation for the upcoming test - the great thing about back in Bradman's day is they didn't play any bloody white ball cricket so it was all about red ball matches... wish it was the same these days Craig.

Two more days to go Pete. Getting excited.

wish it was the same these days Craig.

You and I both Pete. White ball domination has hurt the pure format big time. Blame Packer's WSC!

Back