Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Pakistan in Australia

Boris;382407 said:
If Rauf caught that I could have sworn I would have killed someone.

Very well done to Watson. Still did that little choking thing of his over the break, but luck was on his side today. One really good 100 that included being knocked around quite a bit and he really deserves it.

If he bats like what he does domestically, now that he has managed to secure his 100 we should see some better strokeplay with plenty of runs scored quickly.

He's very aggressive as it is. I think Watson as an opener could be here to stay. How impressive is young Aamer?

breeno;382409 said:
He's very aggressive as it is. I think Watson as an opener could be here to stay. How impressive is young Aamer?

Watson usually scores about about 70 S/R, but this time he is close to 50. It's been a different sort of an innings for him, but since his hundred he has lifted his strike rate of 3% after it dropping 13 or something when he was in his 90s, took him 40 odd balls to get through them.

Aamer, impressive from a cricketers and a Pakistani point of view, but a terrible, annoying bowler from an Australian point of view :p

Aamer, he's going to be a lookout player in the next decade. Even more impressive when you consider what he's had to overcome.

I'm dissapointed I didnt get a chance to catch a days cricket at Bellerive when they player Tasmania in the tour match. Always good to see how the state team fare against an International team.

Whos_asking99;382411 said:
Aamer, he's going to be a lookout player in the next decade. Even more impressive when you consider what he's had to overcome.

Do tell please:)

Ponting has declared after Haurit'z wicket on 8, with a lead of 421 runs.

I remembertwo days ago I said Ponting would declare about lunch day for with a round about 450 run lead. After a slight collapse another 30 runs was needed but I just want to brag that I was very close :D

bushie;382412 said:
Do tell please:)

Area he grew up in was largely under Taliban control. And considering how pleasant they are, its no mean feat to be where he is today.

...but dont take that as pure fact, its what I read in our local so called "NEWS"paper (if your ever in Tasmania, dont read The Mercury...)

Tried google to see if I could get some specific details to no luck. Maybe someone whos more internet savvy would have more luck :rolleyes:

But detail's aside, I do know it wasnt easy for him to get to where he is.

Whos_asking99;382414 said:
Area he grew up in was largely under Taliban control. And considering how pleasant they are, its no mean feat to be where he is today.

...but dont take that as pure fact, its what I read in our local so called "NEWS"paper (if your ever in Tasmania, dont read The Mercury...)

Tried google to see if I could get some specific details to no luck. Maybe someone whos more internet savvy would have more luck :rolleyes:

But detail's aside, I do know it wasnt easy for him to get to where he is.

Cheers:)

Salman Butt fell LBW to Johnson about 40 mins ago. Pakistan considered a challenge but Salman was absolutely plumb.

2/109, Iqbal on 44, Mohammad Yousuf on 16.

Great ball from Hauritz, pitched outside the stumps, Iqbal goes for the cut but the ball spins in sharply and clean bowls him.

3/116. Umar Akmal in now.

Pakistan 3/170 at stumps.

Another good declaration IMO. We could have easily have batted another 30 minutes and slogged another 30 odd to put this game out of reach. However, with a developing bowling attack we need to put our bowlers in a position where if they don't do the business then we will lose.

That type of scenario is vital when developing an attack.

Fact is, if Pakistan bat tomorrow out they will win the game.

In saying that it is still a massive ask, I reckon we will bowl them out for 270.

If they make 422 at the MCG then they deserve to win the game, despite failing to take any more then 10 wickets in either innings.

I am amazed that only 1 team has ever chased 300+ on the MCG in a test, happens reguarly in 1st class cricket

Back