Pakistan vs Australia March-April 2022

Australia Test squad: Pat Cummins (c), Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Michael Neser, Steve Smith (vc), Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner.

Pakistan squad to come.

It will be interesting to see if we back our quicks in to win in Pakistan, or if we play 2 spinners just because we are on the sub continent. From memory, it used to be our quicks that did well in Pakistan in the past.

It will be interesting to see if we back our quicks in to win in Pakistan, or if we play 2 spinners just because we are on the sub continent. From memory, it used to be our quicks that did well in Pakistan in the past.
Pakistan are quick decks. India, Sri Lanka spinners. So odd we have taken three spinners. Can you tell me why they have not taken Jhye Richardson to Pakistan. Are CA even aware of current trends.

Pakistan are quick decks. India, Sri Lanka spinners. So odd we have taken three spinners. Can you tell me why they have not taken Jhye Richardson to Pakistan. Are CA even aware of current trends.
it makes no sense to me, especially when our quicks are so much better than our spinners.

Workload issues apparently. It's complete rubbish as Richardson has barely played for two months now aside from one test and some T20 outings for the Scorchers at the back end of the BBL.

Before the BBL he missed the best part of two years. If he is remotely fit he needs to be playing. How he did not make the Pakistan tour is beyond me. I know why, CA's obsession with keeping Starc in the national setup. Boland took his chances but imo he has not jumped Jhye in the pecking order.

Before the BBL he missed the best part of two years. If he is remotely fit he needs to be playing. How he did not make the Pakistan tour is beyond me. I know why, CA's obsession with keeping Starc in the national setup. Boland took his chances but imo he has not jumped Jhye in the pecking order.

I agree, he's played limited cricket since his shoulder injury. I understand they have workload concerns but he hasn't played much cricket and again spent time on the bench in the recent T20I series against Sri Lanka. Hopefully he'll be back playing for WA when we start playing our Shield and Marsh Cup games.

First Test starts tomorrow and our touring squad have not even had a warm up provided. Some of out X1 have barely played any red ball cricket for months and they are expected to perform cold in unfamiliar conditions.

The two teams are playing for the newly-named Benaud-Qadir trophy.

Play in the First Test starts at 4pm AEST in Rawalpindi. Teams announced at toss.

Who will be here to follow the game with me?

Last edited:
Play in the First Test starts at 4pm AEST in Rawalpindi. Teams announced at toss.

Who will be here to call the game with me?
I've had to cancel Foxtel after 20 years. Didn't want to keep giving my hard earned to Murdoch after his constant lies and also struggling financially with a marriage breakup and spinal surgery. It's a shame, as the time difference with Pakistan would be perfect to watch cricket after work.

I've had to cancel Foxtel after 20 years. Didn't want to keep giving my hard earned to Murdoch after his constant lies and also struggling financially with a marriage breakup and spinal surgery. It's a shame, as the time difference with Pakistan would be perfect to watch cricket after work.
Use kayo instead which is foxtel as well

Jingles sounds like you've been having a pretty bad time. Perhaps a three Test win will cheer you.

Australia Test squad: Pat Cummins (c), Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Mark Steketee, Steve Smith (vc), Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner.
Who are your X1? I think they will go with three frontliners, plus Green and Lyon only. Hazlewood has to be in our attack regardless after missing out on causing havoc in the Ashes..
My preferred X1:
Warner
Khawaja
Marnus
Smith
Green
Head
Carey
Cummins,
Agar
Lyon
Hazlewood