Phillip Hughes- Maiden Test Century

blaster

Phillip Hughes- Maiden Test Century

Phill Hughes just scored his maiden test century.
He currently sits at 115 not out from 146 balls which has included 19 fours and two sixes, with one of them bringing up his century.
It might be early to say, but I think this kid has now cemented his spot wearing the baggy green and will grow to become one of the great players of the future.
Any thoughts?

Re: Phillip Hughes- Maiden Test Century

He's certainly done enough to give himself a run in the team and more then likely cemented an Ashes place.

As for a great? Who knows, the potential is there but there is a long time to go.

Recent news tells us that Phillip Hughes has just been dismissed.
Bowled by Kallis, Hughes played the cut shot, shooting it straight to Neil McKenzie at backward point.
Great innings by the youngster with hopefully more good peformances to come.

was certainly a quality innings, will be interesting to see if he can do it consistently

What an innings, aggressive in your face batting. Reminded me a bit of a Matt Hayden display. Test Cricket needs more batsmen to play like this, it was an IPL audition. He maybe is not get into the MCC coaching manual, but WOW he is effective and entertaining to watch.. Long may his form continue..

I said this before his debut: In 4-5 years time, after Ponting retires he will, no doubt, be the best batsman in Australia, and one of the best in the world.

My prediction. I hope it comes true or I might have egg on my face.

Quality player. I was saying it after last season's Pura Cup final. I was also saying Beau Casson was a gun after that match. That kinda bit me on the arse. Hopefully the same isn't true for Hughesy!

Hopefully he doesn't become another Greg Blewett, I think he scored a century in his first Test against England..

Hope he doesn't turn into an Alastair Cook. Bang start to his career and then slowly fade away. He is a decent opener but he could do far better (Cook). When Hughes gets to fifty he needs to convert it to a century. A long way to go yet but he has done well for the time being.

Man he's got some crazy footwork going on. Don't think many coaches are going to tell players to play like him, but it's working for him.

Back