Retirements/club Changes 2013/14

Plenty website seems to say otherwise:

'Congratulations to the players and our thanks to Greg Wilson who has been tireless with his coaching efforts. Our thanks are also extended to Simon who announced his decision to resign from the captaincy due to ever increasing business commitments. Simon's captaincy played an integral role as we gathered the necessary momentum to reach the grand final.'

Wouldn't be the first club to try and spin it a different way. It was a very good result from plenty this year given the general unhappiness of the team.

Yeah sorry to disappoint the muck rackers out there.

Pigga made the decision himself to step down as captain at the end of the grand final due to work commitments. Also did tell the group that would 100% be staying on as player.

Why would a club sack a captain who leads a side to a granny in his first year?? Haha

Wouldn't be the first club to try and spin it a different way. It was a very good result from plenty this year given the general unhappiness of the team.

Whilst I 100% agree with what you're saying - No club is going to put on their website "We screwed up and hired an ordinary bloke as coach, so we've now sacked him", its not always a conspiracy when someone is no longer coach/captain.

I just spoke to Pig, who said that due to increased work commitments, and the time that Plenty (like most clubs) expected and deserved from their captain, he could no longer commit to the role. He said that he will be staying on there as player this year.

Why would a club sack a captain who leads a side to a granny in his first year?? Haha

You did fail to re-appoint Rozzy after 2 successive flags so i'm not sure your above statement has much merit?
( for the record, i believe Simon stepped down of his own accord )

I'll also save you some time by saying yes, you were better than us when it counted so sucked in!! ;)

To keep on topic of the thread, Flinders has retired and the fat bloke who bowls pies and can't bat (no, not spider) will no longer be making himself available to play "A" grade..........

You did fail to re-appoint Rozzy after 2 successive flags so i'm not sure your above statement has much merit?
( for the record, i believe Simon stepped down of his own accord )

I'll also save you some time by saying yes, you were better than us when it counted so sucked in!! ;)
Rozzie was still captain last year. Sucked in.... Nah you blokes were stiff to run into us at the wrong time

Wanderingunity, any truth to the rumour that BU are heavily chasing an ex Plenty player to coach your club next year?

Wanderingunity, any truth to the rumour that BU are heavily chasing an ex Plenty player to coach your club next year?

Tongs, I am sure that as footy season is starting, our young blokes will be talking to a lot of 'mates' regarding where they are playing next year.
We have a few blokes on the target radar, but as a committee or even president, (which is when I would consider it heavy) we have not made an approach to anyone regarding playing at Loyola.

Tongs, I am sure that as footy season is starting, our young blokes will be talking to a lot of 'mates' regarding where they are playing next year.
We have a few blokes on the target radar, but as a committee or even president, (which is when I would consider it heavy) we have not made an approach to anyone regarding playing at Loyola.

So, the club/committee have not spoken to a single person at all about coming to your club next year? That would either be a lie, or would have you massively behind the eight ball at this stage....

So, the club/committee have not spoken to a single person at all about coming to your club next year? That would either be a lie, or would have you massively behind the eight ball at this stage....
Has your new captain coach signed on the dotted line?

Being on the committee I thought you would no these things. Looks like he hasn't signed then.

If you want to ask a question, then you don't need to hint and hide things. Just ask.

Don't believe everything that you hear though.

Back