Retirements/club Changes 2013/14

If you want to ask a question, then you don't need to hint and hide things. Just ask.

Don't believe everything that you hear though.

Come on Tongs, everyone knows who it is, just officially announce it
In other news apparently LE have signed two quick bowlers from the Deni area, but that comp is pretty ordinary so it will be interesting to see how they go

Come on Tongs, everyone knows who it is, just officially announce it
In other news apparently LE have signed two quick bowlers from the Deni area, but that comp is pretty ordinary so it will be interesting to see how they go

Every year I have to throw water on trades that get thrown up about ECC, or players from ECC that are completely wrong.. As previously stated. Don't believe everything that you hear...

Every year I have to throw water on trades that get thrown up about ECC, or players from ECC that are completely wrong.. As previously stated. Don't believe everything that you hear...
Out of interest, who is it that everyone apparently knows about going to ECC?

No. Next?
I'll put one to you. (Feel free not to answer it)
Has an offer been put to Gibbsy?

Personally, from an outsiders perspective he seems a great fit for Eltham. If I were to say why I think Eltham aren't a finals side at the moment I'd say a soft middle order (read inconsistent) and a weak bowling line up.

There is enough talent in the batting order but a wise experienced head in the middle order might be what it needs. Also he bowls a bit (and I imagine would bowl a bit more at Eltham) and would strengthen up the bowling.

Last couple of seasons have been below his high standards but the guy is class so where ever he goes (if he goes) the club will be strengthened.

Personally, from an outsiders perspective he seems a great fit for Eltham. If I were to say why I think Eltham aren't a finals side at the moment I'd say a soft middle order (read inconsistent) and a weak bowling line up.

There is enough talent in the batting order but a wise experienced head in the middle order might be what it needs. Also he bowls a bit (and I imagine would bowl a bit more at Eltham) and would strengthen up the bowling.

Last couple of seasons have been below his high standards but the guy is class so where ever he goes (if he goes) the club will be strengthened.

I guess that Tongs felt free.;)

Sorry about the delayed reply...

I have said a few times on here now, that people should not believe everything that they hear about players moving clubs. Being on our Exec, I don't have any knowledge of a contract offered to him, nor have i been to any apparent meetings with him..

As for everything else you wrote. I think you're 100% spot on. He's a quality bloke, as well as a cricketer. Most would say he has to be one of the premier coaches within the DVCA who hasn't had much success, its not always the coaches fault.... I would more than happily have him at ECC any day of the week as I would image he would strengthen our list as much as most clubs for the reasons you mentioned.

Sorry about the delayed reply...

I have said a few times on here now, that people should not believe everything that they hear about players moving clubs. Being on our Exec, I don't have any knowledge of a contract offered to him, nor have i been to any apparent meetings with him..

As for everythin

g else you wrote. I think you're 100% spot on. He's a quality bloke, as well as a cricketer. Most would say he has to be one of the premier coaches within the DVCA who hasn't had much success, its not always the coaches fault.... I would more than happily have him at ECC any day of the week as I would image he would strengthen our list as much as most clubs for the reasons you mentioned.
M

After much speculation and rumour. I can now officially announce that Eltham Cricket Club have signed a new coach for the up and coming season.

I am extremely pleased to say that Scott Gibbs has officially agreed to venture down to Panther Place this year and take up the captain coaching role.

Congrats Tongs and the guys down at Eltham. Looks an astute pick up and I look forward to seeing Scott running around in Money Shield.

After much speculation and rumour. I can now officially announce that Eltham Cricket Club have signed a new coach for the up and coming season.

I am extremely pleased to say that Scott Gibbs has officially agreed to venture down to Panther Place this year and take up the captain coaching role.
What about Gutto and Kennel, have they gone as rumored with Donaldson

Back