Retirements/club Changes 2013/14

oh how cool, another post or two that ends up with the chickenman, slight feeling some self promotion maybe involved here somewhere
ash wood - shouldnt you know serge?
duckworth will end up where the money is, pure and simple.
greensborough will be forever in money shield, especially their captain will continue to raise his bat regardless of the result
I've heard 2 different stories regarding Ash to be honest. Wouldn't know what his movements will be in a few months.
Then there's the chickenman ... lol. Would be the last bloke to self promote himself ( if you knew him ). Pretty sure he was happy at Mont.
I'm at mont serge. And keep up the good work Harry.

Id like to see how your going at 50 something Jim.

Will you help you club at that age if they needed you??

Wouldn't have thought so.

I suppose even at 50 he would want to help out seeing as though he is the main reason most people have cited for leaving the club. You seem to know to know him Dee-lighted. You should know.

Still waiting to hear an announcement from Wanderingunity about Bundoora United signing a new captain coach for the up and coming season. It is a done deal, but i will afford him the repsect to announce it himself.

Well I will give him a day or so before i do it. :D

Still waiting to hear an announcement from Wanderingunity about Bundoora United signing a new captain coach for the up and coming season. It is a done deal, but i will afford him the repsect to announce it himself.

Lovey or Steve Duckworth ?

Miller is still coaching Tongs. I will also leave it to WanderingUnity to announce the new skipper. Good pick up !

Miller is still coaching Tongs. I will also leave it to WanderingUnity to announce the new skipper. Good pick up !

Interesting move to have Miller stay on as coach but appoint a new captain? Does that mean his captaincy is not rated?

Good pick up though. Your bar sales will drastically be increased too.;)

available for anyone who wants to jump on their website. Not coming off a huge year in the ECA but ought to enjoy batting down at the concorde.

Nick Curtin is the new captain at Bundoora United and has signed on for 2 seasons, so I read. Never heard of him personally but as I'm rusted on like an old bolt to the 2nd's, I'm sure it won't matter to me.

Curtin will be a great pick up for BU, and will no doubt put them in a good position for the coming season. Will probably put half his match payments back over the bar through out the season too. Shortnwide, you're spot on. He will relish playing home games, although it wouldn't be that much smaller than Plenty. I must admit, I would like to see how his captaincy goes, been around a while in a very successful team, under very good captains, so that should give him the experience to lead from the front. Will be interesting if he opens the batting as he always has, or if he tries to think outside the box a bit and comes in at 3 or 4?

Any news on if they are keeping Perera?

Oh great, ANOTHER opening batsman......

Perera took 50 wickets which is a club record, I think WanderingUnity would marry him if he could...well maybe not but at least adopt him!

Oh great, ANOTHER opening batsman......

Perera took 50 wickets which is a club record, I think WanderingUnity would marry him if he could...well maybe not but at least adopt him!

Looking at your side, its going to be interesting how the batting line up is worked out. The 3 best batsmen are all opening batsmen.
1 is captain in Curtin
1 is coach in Miller
The other is Ross who is the ex captain (coach?).
Who gets the short straw? Might be Ross that loses his spot, which would be a bit stiff. Although, its a pretty handy "issue" to have!

Glad that you told us of Wanderingunity's love affair, not surprising really. But will Perera be playing for BU again this year?

Thanks for the respect Tongs, not that it wasn't news to post on here, but wanted to get it out to the Club members first, so website and facebook it was, and a letter to all members updating them on the season coming is in the mail.
We are very excited to have Nick on board, a great bloke and a quality bat, wherever he decides to bat. Matt and Paul formed a good opening partnership last year, and yes it is a good issue to have.
Nick comes on board with a great history of playing in top class teams with a winning culture. Being part of the Plenty stampede is a great thing to have on the CV.
Paul will be staying on as Club coach and 1st XI player. Paul was a massive part of the push for Nick, and we are very happy to have them working together for the next part of the clubs push to Barclay.
Unfortunately, Ruwan will not be back with us this year, he is staying in Sri Lanka to play top grade cricket. Being a pretty young bloke, he wants to give it another crack, and I wish him the best of luck.
Ordinary form with the cheap attempted crack at our bar sales increasing (twice), but what else would be expected. But you are right on the money with the above call. I do.

Ordinary form with the cheap attempted crack at our bar sales increasing (twice), but what else would be expected. But you are right on the money with the above call. I do.

I think you're a little sensitive. I wasn't having a crack at your bar sales, but more that getting Nick would be good for the club, as he likes a drink, would hang around each week and would probably end up putting half his salary back over the bar. Win for the club!

And what are you talking about, "the above call'? you do what?

Not sensitive at all Tongs, but a cheap shot never the less.
Nick will be a great addition to the club, and more simply cos the kid can bat.
On Paul's captaincy, this was never in question, it was actually his idea to go and find a young bloke that wanted to concentrate on being skipper of the 1's, and we can develop a great working partnership.
Maybe it's that 'I do' have a love affair for a bloke that took 50 wickets, including the final 10 of the season. If he was coming back, he would be held in the highest regard.

Rumour has it that Banyule being as proactive as possible this off-season to build a line up capable of doing some damage this year; Butters doing some great work off field as usual... Opening bowler from ivanhoe, young bloke from prahran I hear is keen on heading back. If they can keep Wilson playing and get Mc Murray back for this season could prove a pretty decent line up?

Rumour has it that Banyule being as proactive as possible this off-season to build a line up capable of doing some damage this year; Butters doing some great work off field as usual... Opening bowler from ivanhoe, young bloke from prahran I hear is keen on heading back. If they can keep Wilson playing and get Mc Murray back for this season could prove a pretty decent line up?

To go from winning 4 games, (Panton Hill / Whittlesea / Thommo Utd and Eltham - 3 of whom got relegated) and take the 3rd least amount of wickets, there would need to be some dramatic changes at Banyule for them to be ultra competitive and push for a top 4 finish.
Name some names of these new players coming into the club so that some comparisons can be made.

To go from winning 4 games, (Panton Hill / Whittlesea / Thommo Utd and Eltham - 3 of whom got relegated) and take the 3rd least amount of wickets, there would need to be some dramatic changes at Banyule for them to be ultra competitive and push for a top 4 finish.
Name some names of these new players coming into the club so that some comparisons can be made.

You've come out all guns blazing on a Monday morning!

I agree that what Mr March said is a lot of nothing, ie a list of possible players next year. But good on him/them. Good to see them pumping their side up a bit. You can't bag a club for being proactive in their recruitment.

Some could say that you lost your only bowler, and replaced him with an opening batsmen. The only area your probably didn't need to recruit. :rolleyes:

Back