Retirements/club Changes 2013/14

I don't think it does much good to speculate what somebody gets payed. What's it matter? Minney is Eltham to the bone. It's not like he only plays there for the money. More like, they pay him enough that some other club isn't going to poach him with a big dollar offer. Scott Gibbs will be captain/coach. I'd be hardpressed to think of a club that doesn't pay an captain and/or coach.

I won't speculate on the Eltham College boys, other than to say I hope they signed them to an incentives deal rather than a flat fee. Although did Dogger play his juniors down at Eltham? it is a reasonably logical choice after Eltham College folded.. merged.

We could all speculate what people do or don't receive as match payments, so I may as well just come clean.

Gibbsy got given a house in Brighton and a round the world trip twice a year.
Skips now owns half of Eltham due to the years of service.
And we give Donno, Gutto and Dogga each a big black garbage full of $100 notes each month.

No club could pay the money you're referring to. With no spectators, like a footy club may have, How the hell would a club come up with it? We pride ourselves on getting guys coming over for the right reasons. Not money. I'm not being a fool saying that we aren't paying skips or Gibbsy, but both could well and truly earn more elsewhere.

I don't think it does much good to speculate what somebody gets payed. What's it matter? Minney is Eltham to the bone. It's not like he only plays there for the money. More like, they pay him enough that some other club isn't going to poach him with a big dollar offer. Scott Gibbs will be captain/coach. I'd be hardpressed to think of a club that doesn't pay an captain and/or coach.

I won't speculate on the Eltham College boys, other than to say I hope they signed them to an incentives deal rather than a flat fee. Although did Dogger play his juniors down at Eltham? it is a reasonably logical choice after Eltham College folded.. merged.

Correct on Dogga. He's an Eltham boy, and one of the best clubman I have ever played with.

We could all speculate what people do or don't receive as match payments, so I may as well just come clean.

And we give Donno, Gutto and Dogga each a big black garbage full of $100 notes each month.

No club could pay the money you're referring to. With no spectators, like a footy club may have, How the hell would a club come up with it? We pride ourselves on getting guys coming over for the right reasons. Not money. I'm not being a fool saying that we aren't paying skips or Gibbsy, but both could well and truly earn more elsewhere.

He'll be doing a round the world trip thrice weekly if he's living in Brighton.

Imagine how much skips would get if he didn't bat for himself all the time

Yes well played tongs. You are quite within your rites to play a straight bat and keep those details in house. Its up to us to speculate, inflate and probably masturbate over what they are getting. So here's my mail. Gibbs on 7k plus good incentives for finals/pship. Upwards of 8.5k if you guys salute. Skips is yet to pull in less than 8k over last 10 seasons. Bit harsh to say he bats for himself cos quite a few times eltham were 3/20 and if he gets out they make 60. There could be 4 or 5 others on incentives who are regular ones players so that could be another 2k if win flag. So play that straight bat all you like. Thats close to correct. Mite not all be paid at once but sponsorship and big functions will be required. Maybe you should donate some of your incentives tongs? Do they pay in the 3rds!!

Mr March, imagine what Banyule would pay Skips. If they have the ability to chase and pay Jnr Poyser, then they must have a fair bit to throw around.

Whilst i am not going to tell you what they are on, (Are you going to tell us what you get paid for your day job?) I can tell you right now that you're not even close to the mark. Not one bit! As i said yesterday, Eltham and i think most clubs are not in a financial position to be paying that sort of money. To think that we, or anyone else are is sheer stupidity.

Speaking of Banyule & for that matter Heidelberg, what have they done in order to see themselves shoot up the ladder in the off season? Recruits? Losses?

I've heard so many cricketing slogans over the last few months I thought we should all play a game of Blackhawk's Catch Phrase Cricket to wind down. It's like Burgo's Catch Phrase but with an even more annoying host and no prizes.

Here is one of my most hated phrases in sport. First person with the correct answer will get absolutely nothing.

Mr March, imagine what Banyule would pay Skips. If they have the ability to chase and pay Jnr Poyser, then they must have a fair bit to throw around.

Whilst i am not going to tell you what they are on, (Are you going to tell us what you get paid for your day job?) I can tell you right now that you're not even close to the mark. Not one bit! As i said yesterday, Eltham and i think most clubs are not in a financial position to be paying that sort of money. To think that we, or anyone else are is sheer stupidity.

Jnr Poyser went for a hot dog and 3 packs of salt and vinegar chips I hear and to the questions of who Banyule picked up I hear Darcy Campbell from Ivanhoe. Paul Mc Murray is apparently back.... so is josh barnes and Wilson playing again.

Any news on coaching positions at epping, gboro, thomo utd, whittlesea and north eltham wand? At least wanderers should have some money after kelsey pilfered 14k over last 2 years. Good investment that turned out to be!

Any news on coaching positions at epping, gboro, thomo utd, whittlesea and north eltham wand? At least wanderers should have some money after kelsey pilfered 14k over last 2 years. Good investment that turned out to be!
TU - Justin Davoine
Heid - Steve Cashen
Whitt - Russell Humphrey

Davoine back at thomo utd? He was leaving for mernda wasnt he? Backwards move there. I saw epping been advertising for a few weeks. Any news at rosanna heading into barclay?

I've read through the last couple of pages several times and perhaps someone out there could educate me on what exactly a 'winning culture' is. It seems to be the new phrase to trot out, but I cannot fathom what this actually means in simple terms. I just thought you needed the skills and a little luck (from time to time), to make more runs than the opposition to win matches.

Back