Round 10 Previews

bencousins

Round 10 Previews

what are the games and the key players
the deciding game of the round is MGS vs. geelong college
if MGS were to win this outright it will knock grammar right out of the race with gg to play scotch in the last round which could go either way

everyone knows who the key players are for MGS but what about geelong college players to put up a fight:confused:

Re: Round 10 Previews

Dunno about that Grammar rolled them for 72 so it isnt looking good from a GC point of view
MGS will finish the game either just before or just after lunch on the saturday

noich;337033 said:
Dunno about that Grammar rolled them for 72 so it isnt looking good from a GC point of view

i thoroughly agree with you but saying that, are there any GC players that have any experience or ticker

bencousins;337250 said:
i thoroughly agree with you but saying that, are there any GC players that have any experience or ticker

I know of Carr who on a given day and a flat track can keep battinga dn batting and batting

noich;337264 said:
I know of Carr who on a given day and a flat track can keep battinga dn batting and batting

i have seen his name popping up here and there, speaking of pitches, what is the GC pitch like

noich;337033 said:

id be careful about that, i know ggs rolled em for 72, but caulfield got rolled for 80 against scotch and that happens with young sides, wont happen 2 weeks in a row, they breed em tough down at the cattery. it wasnt that long ago that against a good carey attack that thumped the xavs (rolling em for 140) college made 220. you can say their were attacking fields or whatever... but the fact is if mgs want 10 points there will be attacking fields. so college wont go down without a fight and will have learned from last week

that's a fair assessment....but the underlying fact is the odds arent really with Geelong College and having played a few games of cricket underdogs are never really underdogs

The games this weekend are gonna be interesting once again with light showers and a bit of cloud forecast for both days

dishies;337348 said:
id be careful about that, i know ggs rolled em for 72, but caulfield got rolled for 80 against scotch and that happens with young sides, wont happen 2 weeks in a row, they breed em tough down at the cattery. it wasnt that long ago that against a good carey attack that thumped the xavs (rolling em for 140) college made 220. you can say their were attacking fields or whatever... but the fact is if mgs want 10 points there will be attacking fields. so college wont go down without a fight and will have learned from last week

I'll have to correct you there dishies... caulfield were rolled for 43 and 120 respectively against scotch. Grammar should deal with Geelong college with ease dishies, there are no excuses, an outright should be a near certainty

I can't speak for Melbourne Grammar, or dishies, but i would imagine MGS would be looking to just get the 6 points first, one ball at a time.
thats wat i would imagine anyway.

Back