Round 10 Previews

Re: Round 10 Previews

noich;338231 said:
Btw who is playing who this weekend????
I know HC v Carey

Okay now that team morales made me all centemental, i will have my say on this game...

Being a biased haileybury man i always think we have a shot. In saying this we will have a work cut out for us especially with the quality and depth of the carey batting line up.
Which may be in slight jeopardy after there are rumours that Joey Loorham is not suiting up for CGS rather playing for the Ringwood 1's.
But with the likes of Gaff, Richardson and some lower order batting (like the Under 18 quarter final) Matty Parker by provide the bloods with some unwelcome resistance.
Despite their quality batting order, it is no secret that HC's strength is their bowling with Coleman and Leonidas leading the attack will provide some tough competition in the first hour of play. Following them there are more than capable medium pacers, however the spinner is able to handled with ease.

Okay dont pay out on me, i tried to make a meaningless game in the scheme of the premiership sound interesting... Can't blame a bloke for trying

Wiz;338553 said:
Okay now that team morales made me all centemental, i will have my say on this game...

Being a biased haileybury man i always think we have a shot. In saying this we will have a work cut out for us especially with the quality and depth of the carey batting line up.
Which may be in slight jeopardy after there are rumours that Joey Loorham is not suiting up for CGS rather playing for the Ringwood 1's.
But with the likes of Gaff, Richardson and some lower order batting (like the Under 18 quarter final) Matty Parker by provide the bloods with some unwelcome resistance.
Despite their quality batting order, it is no secret that HC's strength is their bowling with Coleman and Leonidas leading the attack will provide some tough competition in the first hour of play. Following them there are more than capable medium pacers, however the spinner is able to handled with ease.

Okay dont pay out on me, i tried to make a meaningless game in the scheme of the premiership sound interesting... Can't blame a bloke for trying

Good insight into what should be a pretty close contest if Loorham isn't playing.

Good luck in your last game Wiz!

Caulfield vs GG

caulfield have posted a good win against carey and a solid performance in the half a match played against SKC last week and seem to have recovered some what from the shock outright loss to SC. Though caulfield will be without captain Handel for the fourth successive week due to a muscle injury, they are hoping to take it to geelong grammar with o'sullivan and gotch both in good touch with the bat and a bowling line-up with enough depth to cover the absence of handel who should be back for the last game against MGS

factor;338571 said:
Caulfield vs GG

caulfield have posted a good win against carey and a solid performance in the half a match played against SKC last week and seem to have recovered some what from the shock outright loss to SC. Though caulfield will be without captain Handel for the fourth successive week due to a muscle injury, they are hoping to take it to geelong grammar with o'sullivan and gotch both in good touch with the bat and a bowling line-up with enough depth to cover the absence of handel who should be back for the last game against MGS

Caulfield will have to step their game up substantially from what they showed at SKC if they're to have a chance against Grammar. A quality outfit, headed by Graham in both batting and bowling, Caulfield lacked intensity last week against skevs, letting them get to 230 before the rain set in.

Tip: Grammar to bat first and make 289, Caulfield rolled for 190

bencousins;337250 said:
i thoroughly agree with you but saying that, are there any GC players that have any experience or ticker

The GC boys have ticker, no experience. Carr did not make many.

brighton vs xavier

brighton AO- 41 (O'Sullivan 3, Hannan 2, McGorian 2, Donnellon 1) vs Xavier 3-102 Dec (Earp 40*, Goss 20, tiernan 15, curtain 10)
brighton 0 -30 second innings

brighton genuinely rolled in the first dig, xavs looking at a near certain outright, with good batting conditions and a far superior attack. this will place them even with geelong if an outright is secured, and only 1 point behind melbourne with only Wesley to play in the last round.

xavs4premiers

solo_kid;338879 said:
brighton vs xavier

brighton AO- 41 (O'Sullivan 3, Hannan 2, McGorian 2, Donnellon 1) vs Xavier 3-102 Dec (Earp 40*, Goss 20, tiernan 15, curtain 10)

brighton genuinely rolled in the first dig, xavs looking at a near certain outright, with good batting conditions and a far superior attack. this will place them even with geelong if an outright is secured, and only 1 point behind melbourne with only Wesley to play in the last round.

xavs4premiers
GGS down the gurgler for outright currently CG are 220 for 8 wickets!! Don't know MGS results Go XAVS

Haileybury v Carey

Haileybury - all out for 62 (Lockwood 14, Mathers 12, Mahon 4-9, Parker 3-fa)

Carey - 8/78 (Gaff 20, Parker 20*, Coleman 3/15, Lockwood 3/18)

Tomorrow could be interesting...

noich;337033 said:
Dunno about that Grammar rolled them for 72 so it isnt looking good from a GC point of view
MGS will finish the game either just before or just after lunch on the saturday

Just thought i should state
that ed ring is probably the best aps batsman

solo_kid;338879 said:
brighton vs xavier

xavs4premiers

Xavier look like to make it very hard for MGS to win the title if they outright BGS, even if MGS do beat GC outright.

On other note, how does a team get rolled for 41? BGS outght to be ashamed with themselves, no disrespect to Xavier, but the APS is a lot worse off with teams rolling over and taking it from the supposed big boys. No APS ground can be classified as 'tough' to bat on, and no bowling attack can be considered 'frightening' or that good.

Haileybury 62 and 144(Coleman 37, Lockwood 30, Richardson 6-24) def. by Carey 98 (Parker 30, Gaff 20, Mathers 3-8, Lockwood 3-18, Coleman 3-22) and 5-109 (O'Hern 20 something)

Very close game.

Could have gone either way. A solid partnership between Evans and O'Hern took the game away from Haileybury late this afternoon. Kudos to Haileybury for such a spirited fightback after being 7-21 after an hours play on Friday.

after MGS making 8-266 geelong college went all out for 47 with voyage taking 6-6. Somehow geelong college bet the outrite by making 7-219 with vines making 66*, wood 43 and cameron 36*

and those 3 that made the runs I dont think are year 12's which is surprising :eek:

by the way did Geelong grammer win

FioraDud;338982 said:
Xavier look like to make it very hard for MGS to win the title if they outright BGS, even if MGS do beat GC outright.

On other note, how does a team get rolled for 41? BGS outght to be ashamed with themselves, no disrespect to Xavier, but the APS is a lot worse off with teams rolling over and taking it from the supposed big boys. No APS ground can be classified as 'tough' to bat on, and no bowling attack can be considered 'frightening' or that good.

Xaviers pitch was very unprepared which made batting very tough obviously not accidental as all other pitches around xavier where hard as a rock. It shows in BGS 2 scores the first innings 42 and the second 185...

The Doosra;339312 said:
Haileybury 62 and 144(Coleman 37, Lockwood 30, Richardson 6-24) def. by Carey 98 (Parker 30, Gaff 20, Mathers 3-8, Lockwood 3-18, Coleman 3-22) and 5-109 (O'Hern 20 something)

Very close game.

Could have gone either way. A solid partnership between Evans and O'Hern took the game away from Haileybury late this afternoon. Kudos to Haileybury for such a spirited fightback after being 7-21 after an hours play on Friday.

If you were Nailhabo, you'd hate to make a pair

SixAndOut;339656 said:
Xaviers pitch was very unprepared which made batting very tough obviously not accidental as all other pitches around xavier where hard as a rock. It shows in BGS 2 scores the first innings 42 and the second 185...

I cant see how you can say that when Xavier for the whole game made 3-230, with two of those wickets being a dodgy LBW and a caught behind off the pad.

Stop making excuses for your absolute hack team, you were rolled by a genuinely good side, nothing to be ashamed about.

It was a great pitch for cricket, as described in the captains speech, a bit in it for everyone.

Back