RUSSIA INVADES UKRAINE.

Richie

Staff member
Last edited:
Hard to believe it has come to this. Hopefully some sort of deal can be brokered but the situation seems to be deteriorating by the hour. Certainly interesting times ahead, very concerning too.

Putin used protection of the separatist-controlled region of Donbas as the pretext for invasion saying he was sending in peacekeeping troops. Sneaky little Hitler he is. What followed was the full invasion force.. and all the West did was watch. If you look at the map the separatist area covers only some one quarter of Donbas land.

So what plays out now. Will Putin lie again and occupy Kyiv then change the govt to another autocratic regime like the one he currently presides over in Moscow. Is the little egotist planning on invading any other former Soviet states with impunity such as Moldova or Georgia as he now knows the west wont interfere as both are non NATO. He may be a melgomaniac in the Hitler mould.. but he aint dumb. The West has opened a nest of vipers for itself..no mistake.

Last edited:
Putin used protection of the separatist-controlled region of Donbas as the pretext for invasion saying he was sending in peacekeeping troops. Sneaky little Hitler he is. What followed was the full invasion force.. and all the West did was watch. If you look at the map the separatist area covers only some one quarter of Donbas land.

So what plays out now. Will Putin lie again and occupy Kyiv then change the govt to another autocratic regime like the one he currently presides over in Moscow. Is the little egotist planning on invading any other former Soviet states with impunity such as Moldova or Georgia as he now knows the west wont interfere as both are non NATO. He may be a melgomaniac in the Hitler mould.. but he aint dumb. The West has opened a nest of vipers for itself..no mistake.

It's a very delicate issue and the west are sort of in a no-win situation whatever they decide to do. If they help Ukraine fight by directly putting troops on the ground, they risk escalating the situation further which Russia has threatened to do. By doing what they have elected to do thus far, that leaves Ukraine essentially fending for themselves aside from dropping in aid (food, weapons, medical care, etc.) and there's the real risk they'll be overrun.

The west will be hoping that the sanctions they are putting in place will hurt Russia economically but that will take some time.

I don't even know what's behind the invasion?
I do know Putin is evil though, did anyone see the news where a Russian tank drove over a car? Miraculously the driver survived.
Those pictures of refugees fleeing their homes carrying their babies and even their pet dogs is absolutely heartbreaking.

I do know Putin is evil though, did anyone see the news where a Russian tank drove over a car? Miraculously the driver survived.
Those pictures of refugees fleeing their homes carrying their babies and even their pet dogs is absolutely heartbreaking.
An unhingeed former KGB officer is behind it Jess. He wants to punish those former soviet states that he says abandoned Russia when communism fell. I think he feels particularly bitter toward Ukraine who he considers part of the old Russian empire. And it was but, hey Vlad you mad tyrant this is 2022 not last century. You can guage all his from his rantings.

Last edited:
Putin is now under pressure because the invasion has not followed his plan of being a quick and decisive kill and then overthrow the govt. He has profoundly underestimated the resolve and patriotism of the Ukranian people. Reason he is now using the nuke word. The silly little autocrat seems oblivious to the fact that the west also has nukes. He has lost all reason now so will his Kremlin lackeys toss him out of power and throw him into a Siberian gulag so he cant make any more trouble.

Last edited:
Didn't you have a moment to watch the news? Yes, I saw that scene with the tank.
Ritchie has already explained what's behind it.

Putin wants to go down in history as the hero who has re-established the Soviet empire again. He has been traumatised by its collapse in the early 90s.
One of the major reasons for his move now were the demonstrations in Belarus some time ago when Lukashenko was seen running around with a Kalashnikov which made it clear to Putin one more time that democratic developments at his doorstep would be the biggest threat to his autocratic regime. He wants to prevent the same from happening in Ukraine by installing a pro-Russian regime as a buffer zone to NATO countries in addition to Belarus with his buddy Lukashenko.
What is appalling is the brainwashing of the Russians who often don't even know what Putin is doing in Ukraine.

Last edited:
Did anyone see this? It's not just the mood in the Kremlin that you get a glimpse of but it's very telling that Putin's chief spy gives the game away by stating that he supports "the integration" of the two republics into the Russian federation, the final goal, while Putin just wanted to discuss their political recognition. He was furious and I wonder if this guy is still in office.

Last edited:
by installing a pro-Russia regime as a buffer zone to NATO countries
Yes I neglected to mention that part. There is still some consternation in the fact that a riled mad bull will not roll over he will charge and Putin, by all reports, has not used all his arsenal as yet. Pics of a 5km convoy of troops and weapons 60 km from Kiev. Be closer now. Still those Ukies are not taking a backward step and did this to a convoy a day or so ago.

You know much about drones Thomas. I do know they have a camera on board but can they also have weapons mounted. Surely nowhere near the one that obliterated that Russian convoy. I expect they have can hold a machine gun or a small detonating device.

Not sure if verified but if correct proof that Ukraine is punching well above its weight. Putin would never have expected this much carnage to his army in three days.

Back