SBS commentary team

SBS commentary team

Just wanna get peoples opinions on this 'panel of experts' taking the role for free to air coverage of the ashes.
Macgill- Asks the most stupid questions and looks like he wants to make love to Greg Matthews
Martyn- Barely gets a word in as Macgill only talks to 'Mo'. Brings up some good points though.
Matthews- Not bad, would be much suited to host of the show.

Re: SBS commentary team

i dont really care about them... im there to watch the cricket and three greats of the game to appear every now and then doesnt mind me.

what is really bad is the skysports commentry team. they sound like they are falling asleep every time there is a wicket, and sound like they are in a coma during normal play. plus they have very bad cricketing knowledge, even about the team that they follow, england. michael holding is good though. much prefer the channel nine team anyday.

Boris;356568 said:
i dont really care about them... im there to watch the cricket and three greats of the game to appear every now and then doesnt mind me.

Yeah, agree with that.

Damian Martyn - Rape Eyes

Those of you that post on the cricket board on BigFooty know what I'm talking about. :D

Boris;356568 said:
michael holding is good though. much prefer the channel nine team anyday.

Yea true.
Michael Holding is an excellent commentator, and its good to have a commentator who is doing the ashes who isn't biased towards one team. Bring back Richie

MacGill and Mo are close friends, so it's no surprise they talk to each other a lot. Annoying though.

In all honesty, looking at them individually, they're quite good (though MacGill approaches it like a wine program rather than cricket coverage). However, they are all quite aloof characters. They are too reserved (even Mo, in a weird way), and there's no chemistry between them. It's very forced. I do like Mo's tendency to speak his mind and get fired up about little things though! He really should be on Channel 9. Knock that boring knob Chappell off the team. If anybody deserves the label "Captain Obvious", it's him (and Robert Walls, his counterpart in AFL coverage).

DoubleO7;356739 said:
Damian Martyn - Rape Eyes

Those of you that post on the cricket board on BigFooty know what I'm talking about. :D

Yeah he scares me just his eyes look odd.

Don't care too much for MacGill either someone else should do the hosting and he be a pannelist.

Warnie is a gem on the Commentry though.

Yeah Warnie is a brilliant commentator, hopefully he works for 9 this Australian summer.

Stu had no idea what he was doing.

Marto, promise in that one i think.

Mo, bloody Mo, didn't he approach Hauritz to give him some pointers a while back and Hauri basically told him to piss off? Maybe that fueled the massacre of his name for the series?

Overall, pretty SBS appropriate performance.

P.S. Dont forget Rodney 'the yob' Hogg, only thing missing from his pre match reports was a tinnie in his hand whilst he told Stu to talk amongst themselves while he went and snotted some pom in the stands.

DizzywasRobbed;362726 said:
Stu had no idea what he was doing.

Marto, promise in that one i think.

Mo, bloody Mo, didn't he approach Hauritz to give him some pointers a while back and Hauri basically told him to piss off? Maybe that fueled the massacre of his name for the series?

Overall, pretty SBS appropriate performance.

P.S. Dont forget Rodney 'the yob' Hogg, only thing missing from his pre match reports was a tinnie in his hand whilst he told Stu to talk amongst themselves while he went and snotted some pom in the stands.

The tinnie was there, just below the camera and he didn't have to snot a Pom, Chuck Norris bet him 2 it :D

Back