Schoolyard team selection- ALL TIME!!

courtjester

Schoolyard team selection- ALL TIME!!

Basically the idea is we have four people playing, and they take turns selecting one cricketer from history until we each have a team of 11 players. Then we argue about whose team is best.

I'm in, now we need three others. The first three posters can pick their players first, and i'll pick fourth.

Once that's done, the order is established and we take turns to pick one at a time each. Don't pick before the other three have had a turn. It might take a few days.

Clear as mud? :rolleyes:

If there are more people wanting to play this amazing off-season game, we can have a second thread!

Re: Schoolyard team selection- ALL TIME!!

el-capitano;372459 said:
If its Australian based- here's your results already! ;)

And the actual selection draft here.

Good idea though! :)

Thanks mate. It's all players from all nations from all time for this one. You in?

Good idea CJ. Make it more than four people though. There are a plethora of players to choose from and I don't think four would do the great players we have and had justice.

Fantastic guys, we have seven players at this stage, so we'll kick it off. I guess the best way is to select in order we joined (but i'll go last) for the first round:

So the selection order will be:

a for effort
el capitano
Boris
Ljp86
Caesar
Thenextbigbird123
courtjester

Please post in that order for the first round.

Once everyone has had one pick each, we'll make it a day to day thing, that is each person can pick TWO players a day. If you miss a day, you must wait til the end of the selection process to take remaining players. Please try to log on and select two player each day. Obviously, make sure that no one has already selected the player you want above you! Post your pick in this thread.

Remember: you can pick ANY player from any nation from any era.

Think that all makes sense. We should all have our teams in 6 days! Have fun

Shane Warne!

_40152320_warne_wkt.jpg

Sorry guys, I don't really have time for this right now.

Just leave me till last on this list and I will tell you if I do have time by then, so that way I don't steal any choices before then and I can opt out without disruptions.

Sorry and grr.

Guys - If there is a slot open - I would love to join this - if it aint to late :)
This could be very difficult and create some massive debate

Okay, we'll leave Boris till the end.

New order:

a for effort (taken first pick)
el capitano (taken first pick)
Ljp86
Caesar
Thenextbigbird123
courtjeste
hattrick
Boris

I will pick Glenn McGrath. Caesar you're up next.

Cool guys. Going well...welcome hattrick!

I'll wait for bigbird til later tonight, if he hasnt selected by then I will select (so hattrick and Boris can as well).

I suggest we start selecting two players each tomorrow, first in first served. Then two players each, each day after, til we have eleven each. Remember, if you miss a day, wait til the end and you can select from players remaining.

So....as of tomorrow...select TWO players per day...first in best dressed!!!

Players taken so far:

Don Bradman
Shane Warne
Glenn McGrath
Garfield Sobers

Back