Senior Central 2nds

Re: Senior Central 2nds

fooey5for10;288635 said:
it looks like royal park brunswick have just started to get their game together.

2 games now in a row theyve posted 300+. "ace" elleray 120 last weekend & cusack 91 & 44* in his last 2 digs...

Time for this lad to play in the 1st with those kind of scores

DizzyGillepsie;289948 said:
Anders Welsh 196 against willi today!

Speaking of players deserving a ones call up??? Thoughts?

Great performance, possibly only out done by Ace Elleray's 9/50... Not a bad effort considering his 120 in the first innings.

A pretty big gap opening up between the top 4 and the bottom 4. Is it too early to say the top 4 are set in stone?

Also, can someone explain to me why, in an 8 team comp with 11 rounds, that every team does not play one another at least once? What is the league's rationale behind this? Surely it does not make for a fair and equal comp?

Schofield;290308 said:
Speaking of players deserving a ones call up??? Thoughts?

Great performance, possibly only out done by Ace Elleray's 9/50... Not a bad effort considering his 120 in the first innings.

A pretty big gap opening up between the top 4 and the bottom 4. Is it too early to say the top 4 are set in stone?

welsh should go up after that score... what club wouldnt promote after a knock like that!!

elleray doesnt surprise me hes done that - i was on mcalister saturday & he had 3 within the first 30 minutes of your match. he is a capable cricketer in all disciplines.

with yarraville club winning outright again its tightened up significantly. we have a massive test to end the 1/2 season with spotswood this game. itll show where we really are at this stage.

id say the only team that may threaten the top 4 is williamstown cyms but they need to start winning from this game on...

Schofield;290311 said:
Also, can someone explain to me why, in an 8 team comp with 11 rounds, that every team does not play one another at least once? What is the league's rationale behind this? Surely it does not make for a fair and equal comp?

this will be something youll need to ask the vtca fixtures committee, scho - we havent played sunshine united for the last 3 seasons & weve always been stumped why!!

fooey5for10;290313 said:
welsh should go up after that score... what club wouldnt promote after a knock like that!!

elleray doesnt surprise me hes done that - i was on mcalister saturday & he had 3 within the first 30 minutes of your match. he is a capable cricketer in all disciplines.

with yarraville club winning outright again its tightened up significantly. we have a massive test to end the 1/2 season with spotswood this game. itll show where we really are at this stage.

id say the only team that may threaten the top 4 is williamstown cyms but they need to start winning from this game on...

Elleray has to be of the most annoying batsman ever to play the game.Why does he have to keep f***ing around with his gloves every ball,and he walks like a queer.

fooey5for10;290310 said:
so that means he'll bypass us this upcoming game then, diz. ;)

what happened to the needed 4 runs??

Ahh Fooey, I am sure you wuld love to not see him in the 2nds this week:D Doubt he will be taken up, as he is doing a great job with the 2nds as captain.

As for the 4 runs, he was doing it on the bit. Tried pushing 1 to mid on and found the leading edge!! Deserved 200!! See you saturday.:cool:

Too Old Body Broke;290875 said:
Ahh Fooey, I am sure you wuld love to not see him in the 2nds this week:D Doubt he will be taken up, as he is doing a great job with the 2nds as captain.

As for the 4 runs, he was doing it on the bit. Tried pushing 1 to mid on and found the leading edge!! Deserved 200!! See you saturday.:cool:

**laugh** in that case, we welcome him to see if he can carry on this ominous form. mind you, the deck at ryder is a little trickier than mclean so he'll have his work cut out for him!!

thats always the way - when you have a heap of runs, its only going to be you to get yourself out as the opposition have run out of ideas!! likewise, tobb...

fooey5for10;291246 said:
**laugh** in that case, we welcome him to see if he can carry on this ominous form. mind you, the deck at ryder is a little trickier than mclean so he'll have his work cut out for him!!

thats always the way - when you have a heap of runs, its only going to be you to get yourself out as the opposition have run out of ideas!! likewise, tobb...

Well it was a great track last week, which is more often than not the case at Spotty!! Yeah Ryder plays a bit low from memory? Do you guys cover the wicket on a Thursday night? How do you get along with the curators?

Too Old Body Broke;291251 said:
Well it was a great track last week, which is more often than not the case at Spotty!! Yeah Ryder plays a bit low from memory? Do you guys cover the wicket on a Thursday night? How do you get along with the curators?

i agree, mclean has always been a decent track. every year that ive played there, theres always been something in it for batsmen, bowlers & also true bounce.

correct. ryder can play low now & again but nothing to annoy the batsmen too much. its when the bowlers see it doing that, theyre eyes light up!! ;)

we cover the wicket as required & its a sometimes strained relationship with the "curators" that look after the table...

after just coming back from a look at ryder, mcalister, ransford & western, id say tomorrow will be cancelled.

the grounds are under water & the covers saturated.

but its good, soaking rain nonetheless though!!

And here we were all thinking after last years grand final that Spotty had the worst deck in the comp and should never have had the GF.
Maybe it just took some intelligent batting to get a score on it!

judging by the scores of the last 2 games at the mclean, it looks like thats exactly what has happened!!

all it takes is a little patience as well... something a lot of batsmen seem to lack!!

fooey5for10;294282 said:
judging by the scores of the last 2 games at the mclean, it looks like thats exactly what has happened!!

all it takes is a little patience as well... something a lot of batsmen seem to lack!!

Having played at Spotty for17 years (i think, lost count as i get older), I can assure you that out of say 100 tracks prepared, 90-95 would get a rating from both captains of 8 or higher.:D Generally, there is a bit for the bowlers, say the first 20 overs, then plays well. The way a wicket should be.

Back