Senior Central 2nds

Re: Senior Central 2nds

Too Old Body Broke;294297 said:
Having played at Spotty for17 years (i think, lost count as i get older), I can assure you that out of say 100 tracks prepared, 90-95 would get a rating from both captains of 8 or higher.:D Generally, there is a bit for the bowlers, say the first 20 overs, then plays well. The way a wicket should be.

Hi guys,

I actually play in the north comp.. No love on that forum though..

I have played at spotty 2 or three times, 1's and 2's.. I love that pitch, averaging 50 or so on it.. Really suprised by all the critisism..

Add that to the arvo teas and can't wait to play there..

I think we should combine our leagues.. The fixturing is strange, but at least all teams play each other once.. That is rediculous..:confused:

mickeybee;294317 said:
Hi guys,

I actually play in the north comp.. No love on that forum though..

I have played at spotty 2 or three times, 1's and 2's.. I love that pitch, averaging 50 or so on it.. Really suprised by all the critisism..

Add that to the arvo teas and can't wait to play there..

I think we should combine our leagues.. The fixturing is strange, but at least all teams play each other once.. That is rediculous..:confused:

Hey mb,

Welcome to chat on here... I played against you last year at Spotty. In fact I think I got you out from memory, after you smashed a few!! Yes indeed it is a great wicket. Alot of critisism about the gf wicket. But it did make for an interesting gf didnt it? After all the game is made for batsmen so we bowlers tend to lick our lips if there is a bit in it:cool:

Too Old Body Broke;294327 said:
Hey mb,

Welcome to chat on here... I played against you last year at Spotty. In fact I think I got you out from memory, after you smashed a few!! Yes indeed it is a great wicket. Alot of critisism about the gf wicket. But it did make for an interesting gf didnt it? After all the game is made for batsmen so we bowlers tend to lick our lips if there is a bit in it:cool:

Thanks for the welcome mate.. Appreciate it..

If this was the game, then yes!! Very funny.. http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/com...loc=/cricket/reports/match.asp&matchID=379381

That was the game where I was pretty impressed with the young fella mackenzie, he bowled without much luck..

Yeah batsman get it pretty easy, I don't have a problem with having a tough pitch every so often.. Makes it very interesting..

Wow, spotty are going well in the 2's.. Looking pretty good mate..

mickeybee;294335 said:

If this was the game, then yes!! Very funny.. http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/com...loc=/cricket/reports/match.asp&matchID=379381

That was the game where I was pretty impressed with the young fella mackenzie, he bowled without much luck..

Yeah batsman get it pretty easy, I don't have a problem with having a tough pitch every so often.. Makes it very interesting..

Yeah that was it. Felt sorry (well no not really) for the bloke who made 97, bowled around his legs with a slower ball!! Unlucky!!

Young Harley Mc..... he is a good kid. Bowls with a bit of pace and can swing it. A bit erratic though. Takes a few overs to get going but by then the batsmen get a good view. Plays footy very well. He told me his love is for cricket, but I think you will find he will have a crack at footy as he is with the Jets. His old man wants him to go to footy with gusto. Would love to be that age again!!

As this is my first season in the 2's, I think it is fair to say that there is a pretty big drop from the 1's in standard. Having said that, there are quite a few good young players I have seen so far, which is what the 2's should be about. It is not the ideal set up the way the comp has structured the Senior div 2's. I mean we do not play MHSOB at all this year??

How are you travelling at the moment?

Too Old Body Broke;294345 said:
Yeah that was it. Felt sorry (well no not really) for the bloke who made 97, bowled around his legs with a slower ball!! Unlucky!!

Young Harley Mc..... he is a good kid. Bowls with a bit of pace and can swing it. A bit erratic though. Takes a few overs to get going but by then the batsmen get a good view. Plays footy very well. He told me his love is for cricket, but I think you will find he will have a crack at footy as he is with the Jets. His old man wants him to go to footy with gusto. Would love to be that age again!!

As this is my first season in the 2's, I think it is fair to say that there is a pretty big drop from the 1's in standard. Having said that, there are quite a few good young players I have seen so far, which is what the 2's should be about. It is not the ideal set up the way the comp has structured the Senior div 2's. I mean we do not play MHSOB at all this year??

How are you travelling at the moment?

Yeah I remember that very well, a collective groan from the stands when H got bowled.. I believe he still hasn't made a tonne at the club.. He'll get another chance though.

You are right about the standard drop, but I still find new and creative ways of getting myself out.. I'm going ok, but not training like I should be (work, distance) so could be better.. Still gloving them pretty well.

MacKenzie was swinging them a mile last year, but too many on the hips/legs if I remember correctly..

Our fixturing is a bit better, but wish there were more teams, we have won 2 and are sitting 2nd on the ladder.

You look like you are going ok in the 2's.. Wow, 196 last week by someone.. Pretty handy stuff..

mickeybee;294354 said:
Yeah I remember that very well, a collective groan from the stands when H got bowled.. I believe he still hasn't made a tonne at the club.. He'll get another chance though.

You are right about the standard drop, but I still find new and creative ways of getting myself out.. I'm going ok, but not training like I should be (work, distance) so could be better.. Still gloving them pretty well.

MacKenzie was swinging them a mile last year, but too many on the hips/legs if I remember correctly..

Our fixturing is a bit better, but wish there were more teams, we have won 2 and are sitting 2nd on the ladder.

You look like you are going ok in the 2's.. Wow, 196 last week by someone.. Pretty handy stuff..

Haha, I am sure it will come at some stage??

Yeah I struggle to train too. But not because I cant get there, it is coz if I bowl during the week, I am sore on a Sat. As my log in name suggests....

Harley has Ash Robbo helping him this season so should learn alot..... should!!

That is handy if you have "only" won 2 games to be sitting 2nd? We are going ok, we have a good blend of youth, new players to the club and the "senior citz" running around. Test this week against YP who are 2nd. Should see where we are at. That 196 was made by Anders Welsh. He kept in the 1's for many years. He almost single handedly won us the semi in 05/06. Can bat. Stiff not to get 200.... was doing it on the bit..

it was a top effort by anders, haven't seen an innings like that since nick's 250 in the 3's GF last year.

you can mark me down in the "senior citz" category at the club for sure :)

DizzyGillepsie;294372 said:
it was a top effort by anders, haven't seen an innings like that since nick's 250 in the 3's GF last year.

you can mark me down in the "senior citz" category at the club for sure :)

Yes he did do well. And no, you are no where near the "vets" stage yet Dizz. You are flying!!

Hey, on another note, I can get you a copy of J.Gillespee's book from a book shop near my joint for $5. You want me to get you 1?

mickeybee;294335 said:

played against harley in the last game of 07/08 - he opened the bowling with his left arm smoke & i managed to top edge him over slips for 6 off his third ball i think!! ;)

he was erratic that day but still hes going to be excellent later once he fills out a bit...

Too Old Body Broke;294357 said:
Haha, I am sure it will come at some stage??

Yeah I struggle to train too. But not because I cant get there, it is coz if I bowl during the week, I am sore on a Sat. As my log in name suggests....

Harley has Ash Robbo helping him this season so should learn alot..... should!!

That is handy if you have "only" won 2 games to be sitting 2nd? We are going ok, we have a good blend of youth, new players to the club and the "senior citz" running around. Test this week against YP who are 2nd. Should see where we are at. That 196 was made by Anders Welsh. He kept in the 1's for many years. He almost single handedly won us the semi in 05/06. Can bat. Stiff not to get 200.... was doing it on the bit..

im looking forward to mixing it up with you this weekend, tobb.

itll be an intense clash between 1 & 2, id reckon...

fooey5for10;294390 said:
im looking forward to mixing it up with you this weekend, tobb.

itll be an intense clash between 1 & 2, id reckon...

Mate I just hope we get a game in!! What is the forecast? If we get on, should be an interesting day!! Looking forward to the arvo tea, thats fo sho!!
And please dont knock me over the fence for maximum!! I dont want to have someone field in the giraffe enclosure!!

Too Old Body Broke;294382 said:
Yes he did do well. And no, you are no where near the "vets" stage yet Dizz. You are flying!!

Hey, on another note, I can get you a copy of J.Gillespee's book from a book shop near my joint for $5. You want me to get you 1?

that would be sweet, thanks.

Too Old Body Broke;294396 said:
Mate I just hope we get a game in!! What is the forecast? If we get on, should be an interesting day!! Looking forward to the arvo tea, thats fo sho!!
And please dont knock me over the fence for maximum!! I dont want to have someone field in the giraffe enclosure!![/QUOTE

we'll play - forecast this far out is sunny & 24 degrees. hopefully the table will be decent enought to set a challenging score on. glad to hear you enjoy our afternoon teas, brother!!

**laugh** if you put it in the right spots, you wont need anyone to pay admission into the zoo!! ;)

fooey5for10;294452 said:
Too Old Body Broke;294396 said:
And please dont knock me over the fence for maximum!! I dont want to have someone field in the giraffe enclosure!![/QUOTE

we'll play - forecast this far out is sunny & 24 degrees. hopefully the table will be decent enought to set a challenging score on. glad to hear you enjoy our afternoon teas, brother!!

**laugh** if you put it in the right spots, you wont need anyone to pay admission into the zoo!! ;)

I see that the outlook for Sat is fine, but I am worried about Thurs and Fri???

I am sure that if I am not putting in the right areas for you, you will soon let know? Funny that I have never played a game on your ground?? In 17 years??

good on you mate, cheers!

i think we'll be alright for a game on saturday mate, i hope so... sitting behind glass watching puddles get bigger is pretty boring if you ask me

Too Old Body Broke;294762 said:
fooey5for10;294452 said:
I see that the outlook for Sat is fine, but I am worried about Thurs and Fri???

I am sure that if I am not putting in the right areas for you, you will soon let know? Funny that I have never played a game on your ground?? In 17 years??

hopefully the man upstairs will be kind to us this thursday & friday...

**laugh** youll know when your analysis reads 4 4 4 2 2 4 !! :p

wow how weird is that!! have you even played on mcalister oval (next to the train tracks)?? maybe you didnt know we played at ryder oval until now!!!

Back