Senior Central 2nds

Re: Senior Central 2nds

played on mcalister a few times... had the pleasure of having 400 odd made against us once, but it wasn't YP's who did it... was a GF against flemington back in 98/99

fooey5for10;294802 said:
Too Old Body Broke;294762 said:
hopefully the man upstairs will be kind to us this thursday & friday...

**laugh** youll know when your analysis reads 4 4 4 2 2 4 !! :p

wow how weird is that!! have you even played on mcalister oval (next to the train tracks)?? maybe you didnt know we played at ryder oval until now!!!

Lets hope so.

If that is my 1 of my overs, you can rest assured it will be last!!

Last year I was recovering from a fractured foot (courtesy of a net session pretending I can bat) and close to playing against your 1's. I turned up to watch and ended up being in first slip as 1 of our players turned up late as he was working. That is the only time I have played at the groundat the southern most part of the grounds there. I have played a few at the various other grounds there.

I do recall the track being a little low and slow?? May play a little truer with the moisture that the weather has brought?

Too Old Body Broke;294872 said:
fooey5for10;294802 said:
Lets hope so.

If that is my 1 of my overs, you can rest assured it will be last!!

Last year I was recovering from a fractured foot (courtesy of a net session pretending I can bat) and close to playing against your 1's. I turned up to watch and ended up being in first slip as 1 of our players turned up late as he was working. That is the only time I have played at the groundat the southern most part of the grounds there. I have played a few at the various other grounds there.

I do recall the track being a little low and slow?? May play a little truer with the moisture that the weather has brought?

yes, thats ryder. its the one that runs along the golf course & is a very picturesque ground!!

yes to that as well but lately the bounce has picked up a bit. yes it could be a bit spicy early on this saturday...

fooey5for10;294980 said:
Too Old Body Broke;294872 said:
yes, thats ryder. its the one that runs along the golf course & is a very picturesque ground!!

yes to that as well but lately the bounce has picked up a bit. yes it could be a bit spicy early on this saturday...

So the one we are playing on is along the tracks, not sure if they are tram or train?

Love a bit of spice early!! Maybe a vindaloo or rogan josh... mmmm

DizzyGillepsie;294990 said:
don't worry, we'll be using a two headed coin to win the toss and wont hesitate to bowl first! :)

now with the sun out, youd better bring the proper coin, dizzy... :p

Too Old Body Broke;295362 said:
fooey5for10;294980 said:
So the one we are playing on is along the tracks, not sure if they are tram or train?

Love a bit of spice early!! Maybe a vindaloo or rogan josh... mmmm

no. thats mcalister & its the train that rattles along every 5 minutes it seems!!

were on ryder which is parallel to the golf course & is the ground facing you as you come up the driveway.

id reckon some of the spice has be taken out by the sun thats appeared suddenly today but theres still the chance it may return with rain forecast again tomorrow!!

youre a chance for that vindaloo or rogan after all, tobb... ;)

fooey5for10;295457 said:
Too Old Body Broke;295362 said:
no. thats mcalister & its the train that rattles along every 5 minutes it seems!!

were on ryder which is parallel to the golf course & is the ground facing you as you come up the driveway.

id reckon some of the spice has be taken out by the sun thats appeared suddenly today but theres still the chance it may return with rain forecast again tomorrow!!

youre a chance for that vindaloo or rogan after all, tobb... ;)

Got ya!! So no I have definately not played on the Ryder before. Look forward to it. I have played a few games on Mcalister, as well as the other 2 grounds there.

Haha, you hope the spice has been taken out by the sun!! I reckon we may have seen the last of "rain" but may see a couple of showers tomoz!!

Too Old Body Broke;295469 said:
fooey5for10;295457 said:
Got ya!! So no I have definately not played on the Ryder before. Look forward to it. I have played a few games on Mcalister, as well as the other 2 grounds there.
Haha, you hope the spice has been taken out by the sun!! I reckon we may have seen the last of "rain" but may see a couple of showers tomoz!!

**laugh** youll soon have the set!! ;)

the covers will be on tonight so the deck will be safe & the ground will look even more green when you arrive saturday!!

fooey5for10;295528 said:
Too Old Body Broke;295469 said:
**laugh** youll soon have the set!! ;)

the covers will be on tonight so the deck will be safe & the ground will look even more green when you arrive saturday!!

Good win Foo!!!! Game played in good spirits, even though I thought it may spiral to ugly after the not out on the run out. To chase down 190 is a great effort. Congrats

Too Old Body Broke;298024 said:
fooey5for10;295528 said:
Good win Foo!!!! Game played in good spirits, even though I thought it may spiral to ugly after the not out on the run out. To chase down 190 is a great effort. Congrats

Wow, nice chase.. That is going at a good clip..

Seems like a tense finish.. bad luck mate..

hmm i didn't see the foo man in the XI on saturday...

i definetly thought 190 would not be gettable on any ground, and i thought we were home after we got the big bloke out, but the lower order managed to pull off a few big hits.

i was dissapointed with my bowling effort as well, far too expensive.

mickeybee;298037 said:
Too Old Body Broke;298024 said:
Wow, nice chase.. That is going at a good clip..

Seems like a tense finish.. bad luck mate..

Hey MB,

It is possibly the shortest straight boundary in the southern hemisphere!!! So 190 was always going to be there abouts. Slow low deck, but did play the same all day. Both sides had the chance to win. However, YP were the better team on the day and deserved to win. Just 1 run out given not out, and I can honestly say that the bloke was out by at least 2-3 feet!! But that is the way it goes.

Got some runs I see MB? Nice 1.

DizzyGillepsie;298038 said:

i definetly thought 190 would not be gettable on any ground, and i thought we were home after we got the big bloke out, but the lower order managed to pull off a few big hits.

Dizz, I woldnt know what he looks like. I was waiting for 1 of their players to make himself known as the foo man, but it didnt happen.

I must admit, they did bat very well towards the end. And let me tell you, no score is un-gettable on any ground, let alone that small one.

Dont be hard on yourself mate, we were all in it to win, and we all lost. As long as you learnt something from it for next time. Just gotta bowl "smart" to a bloke who is teein off and getting away with it. You did bat well and gave as a score to try and defend. Chin up brew. Have a great Xmas.:cool:

DizzyGillepsie;298038 said:

Too Old Body Broke;298449 said:
mickeybee;298037 said:
Hey MB,

It is possibly the shortest straight boundary in the southern hemisphere!!! So 190 was always going to be there abouts. Slow low deck, but did play the same all day. Both sides had the chance to win. However, YP were the better team on the day and deserved to win. Just 1 run out given not out, and I can honestly say that the bloke was out by at least 2-3 feet!! But that is the way it goes.

Too Old Body Broke;298454 said:
Dizz, I woldnt know what he looks like. I was waiting for 1 of their players to make himself known as the foo man, but it didnt happen.
I must admit, they did bat very well towards the end. And let me tell you, no score is un-gettable on any ground, let alone that small one.

Dont be hard on yourself mate, we were all in it to win, and we all lost. As long as you learnt something from it for next time. Just gotta bowl "smart" to a bloke who is teein off and getting away with it. You did bat well and gave as a score to try and defend. Chin up brew. Have a great Xmas.:cool:

gday dizz, tobb. ive been dropped for disciplinary reasons (round 4 v royal park/brunswick) & am still out of favour. i was on mcalister playing in the 4s. i walked up to our rooms at about 7 00 & all of your lads were still having a drink. i shouldve asked who dizzy & tobb is!! ;)

our straight hits are short you bet - great for those blokes & who cant play horizontals!! ;) i heard about the run out... bloody disgrace. :(

i'll try & make sure im in the return game in round 11 at mclean so you both can see the face behind the fingers!! im looking forward to meeting you two.

finally, it was a good win by the lads & i think the four is set... just a matter of who finishes where now.

have a safe christmas/new year you two...

couldn't stick around after the game mate, had to head off to a xmas dinner. ended up back at spotty by 10pm and it looks like the boys had a great old time.

have a good xmas mate

Too Old Body Broke;298449 said:
mickeybee;298037 said:
Hey MB,

Thanks mate,

Short straight boundaries.. Sounds like my cup of tea.. I like you fellas for having the balls to say who you are and who you play for.. Speaks volumes..

Not like the other anonymous fellas that sit back and sledge.. I left this site for ages last year when all the keyboard hero's were around. It's like people have to be purposly confrontational when online, simply because they know they are safe..

pisses me off a bit.. But oh well..

/ rant

DizzyGillepsie;304860 said:
my tips for this week:

RPB v Willi CY
Youlden v melb high
Druids v yarraville club
sunshine united v spotswood

My tip for the week;;;;

Jarsquatter won't do that again. lol.

I concur with u dizz, although One dayers produce interesting results.

Back