Senior Central 2nds

Re: Senior Central 2nds

tough call as I haven't yet seen what each team has to offer, but i think the final 4 will be Spotty, Youlden, RPB and Yarraville, in no particular order.

DizzyGillepsie;279901 said:
tough call as I haven't yet seen what each team has to offer, but i think the final 4 will be Spotty, Youlden, RPB and Yarraville, in no particular order.

Hey Dizz, Any chance of me getting a game.:D..
In regards to the top 4. U r spot on.

What do think of only having 2 senior 2nds comps. Or do u like things just the way the are??

dear spotiswoods, i may be able to put in a good word for you, however I expect something in return... some form of "entertainment" perhaps?

2 or 3 seconds groups is an interesting question. back in the day, it used to be senior division 2nds and senior A seconds, depending on what div your 1's were in. i don't mind how it's set up now as you don't have to travel for hours to get to the game, and i guess it would be pretty much the same if it was senior north 2nds and senior south 2nds, although i don't mind the old saturday evening drive down beach rd.

DizzyGillepsie;280367 said:
dear spotiswoods, i may be able to put in a good word for you, however I expect something in return... some form of "entertainment" perhaps?

2 or 3 seconds groups is an interesting question. back in the day, it used to be senior division 2nds and senior A seconds, depending on what div your 1's were in. i don't mind how it's set up now as you don't have to travel for hours to get to the game, and i guess it would be pretty much the same if it was senior north 2nds and senior south 2nds, although i don't mind the old saturday evening drive down beach rd.

Or St Kilda Rd Dizz!

what's news Mick? I see your old coach is padding up in your 3rds and i've tried to search for you on MyCricket, but no stats have been posted this year, and the only record for Mick Megne is at Altona North? Surely you'd fit into Altona North's fiery redhead policy??? what's the story, some of the kids in Altona North 2's were playing 4's last year, and i don't have a problem with that however I think they made a mistake not slotting you in there.

DizzyGillepsie;280396 said:
what's news Mick? I see your old coach is padding up in your 3rds and i've tried to search for you on MyCricket, but no stats have been posted this year, and the only record for Mick Megne is at Altona North? Surely you'd fit into Altona North's fiery redhead policy??? what's the story, some of the kids in Altona North 2's were playing 4's last year, and i don't have a problem with that however I think they made a mistake not slotting you in there.

Im still working in Darwin sweating like a pig at present shearing lots of sheep.Im hoping for a trip back over xmas and to sneak a game in if selected.I reckon i could be a chance of 1's selection on my return.It looks like they need a fast bowler.I'm sure with me in the side we will shoot up the ladder.

I see on the VTCA website that there are a couple of disputed results. I know RPB didn't get on at all because no covers were used on the friday and so the pitch was wet. Anyone tell me what the deal is with the williamstown/spotty game?

Schofield;280723 said:
I see on the VTCA website that there are a couple of disputed results. I know RPB didn't get on at all because no covers were used on the friday and so the pitch was wet. Anyone tell me what the deal is with the williamstown/spotty game?

not sure why it's disputed to be honest, as far as i'm aware it was pretty straight forward. we posted 178, they replied with 149. then we made 8/148 in the second dig.

who do you play for schofield?

DizzyGillepsie;280747 said:
not sure why it's disputed to be honest, as far as i'm aware it was pretty straight forward. we posted 178, they replied with 149. then we made 8/148 in the second dig.

who do you play for schofield?

I play for royal park. First season in Melbourne. Pretty impressed with both the club and the comp so far. Apart from Sunshine United's efforts not covering up on the weekend. Hopefully the appeal with be upheld and we'll get the points.

Schofield;280777 said:
I play for royal park. First season in Melbourne. Pretty impressed with both the club and the comp so far. Apart from Sunshine United's efforts not covering up on the weekend. Hopefully the appeal with be upheld and we'll get the points.

your experience in round 1 would have been memorable.... an introduction to to Spotswood's world famous afternoon teas :)

DizzyGillepsie;280921 said:
your experience in round 1 would have been memorable.... an introduction to to Spotswood's world famous afternoon teas :)

Haha, the arvo tea probably was the most memorable part of the day for me, so you're right.

Tips for the games starting tomorrow?
Two big games, maybe finals previews , I'm going with:

RPB to win a cracker against neighbours Youlden
Spotty in a tight one at home

And in the others:

Williamstown over Druids
United over MHSOB

Thoughts?

i think you're spot on, first two games might be too close to call, except united and mhsob might be closer than anyone thinks, if not go mhsob's way. cy's should account for druids easily.

DizzyGillepsie;281465 said:
i think you're spot on, first two games might be too close to call, except united and mhsob might be closer than anyone thinks, if not go mhsob's way. cy's should account for druids easily.

Having played against united and mhsob in the past two matches, i think united looked a much stronger outfit. Absolutely no depth in the MHSOB, batting or bowling....

fair enough, haven't played either. spotty don't even play mhsob to be honest... that's just how the draw worked out. i played united last year and they seem to be missing some of their quicks.

good to see spotty pick up a win on day 1 to shoot them to the top of the table. the next 2 games will be interesting, cy's will surely look to go up a notch and beat us after we beat them not that long ago, and the last game going into xmas against youlden should be a cracker. hopefully spotty can go into the break undefeated. not going to be easy though :)

how lucky were we to end up 144 all out on saturday after being 9/37 at one stage against sunshine druids.

thank god for michael "freddy" stringer (62) & shaun vance (38*) who saved us & created a record 10th wicket partnership of 107 for youlden parkville in the process.

in reply sunshine druids are 8/80 & its been those two again, stringer (3/6) & vance (3/23) who have ripped into their batting.

id say sunshine druids will be a touch upset with the days play...

similar thing happened against us on the weekend foo... we had willi at 6/64 before two of their blokes manned up and put on a 50 partnership and by the end of the day they'd posted 150 odd.

poor old druids are really struggling this year

DizzyGillepsie;288615 said:
similar thing happened against us on the weekend foo... we had willi at 6/64 before two of their blokes manned up and put on a 50 partnership and by the end of the day they'd posted 150 odd.

poor old druids are really struggling this year

yeah noticed that but we wouldve been the laughing stock if we had been rolled for 40 by the bottom side, dizzy!!

they are indeed. maybe cricket isnt attractive enough with the populace in sunshine & as a consequence the druids have struggled to attract players...

it looks like royal park brunswick have just started to get their game together.

2 games now in a row theyve posted 300+. "ace" elleray 120 last weekend & cusack 91 & 44* in his last 2 digs...

Back