Senior Central 2nds

Re: Senior Central 2nds

Too Old Body Broke;306841 said:
It happens even when you do have umpires!!! I think without umpires, there is a general rule of no lbw's at all. Which is obviously wrong. You cannot just take a rule out of the game simply because there is no official umpire!

How did you go last nite? Back in the 2's?

thats true but at least theyre the official umpires making the mistake with less impact on teammates if it was a player umpire doing it.

it still may change a match situation though as we all know.

yes, thats true also. it just doesnt exist because players i think are too afraid to give their teammates out. if hes in front, give it because its the RIGHT thing to do.

no still out of favour, tobb. playing 3s sunday out at the "snake pit". reckon i'll need a 100 & 5 for just to make the training squad for the 2s!!! ;)

one final thing, have you played against barney (andrew phillips). he knows you well, brother!!

DizzyGillepsie;306842 said:
it's a tough one rossy, i got a few lbw's earlier in the season and one particular bloke from their team was umpiring at the time. i thought they were fair calls, but the rest of his team mates proceeded to bag the shit out of him after the game. it's a bit of a dammed if you do, dammed if you don't situation, but you're right... you can't take a rule out of a game. a similar thing happened when i was umpiring for my team when i was a kid, gave someone out lbw as there was no doubt, and the rest of the team tore strips off me.

Too Old Body Broke;306844 said:
Hey Dizz, yeah not a nice situation I know. Not sure what the answer is. Dare I say the obvious... more umpires are needed. I can understand why people are reluctant to umpire though. I have seen some terrible behaviour from players toward umpires.

DizzyGillepsie;306906 said:
we have been assigned a proper ump this week Rossy... Sean Sutton

i hope his nickname isn't "trigger" :D

at least you two agree with me on this most contentious issue. what are you supposed to do if the batsman is plumb... you have it give it, theres no other choice!! not give it & then theres a riot on your hands...

thats it. noone is prepared to umpire anymore because of the aggression towards them. ive heard some shocking stories of umpires being set upon after games when the result had bearings on finals/chance to play finals.
how bad was the behaviour, tobb??

ive heard he goes alright, dizz...

fooey5for10;306950 said:
at least you two agree with me on this most contentious issue. what are you supposed to do if the batsman is plumb... you have it give it, theres no other choice!! not give it & then theres a riot on your hands...

thats it. noone is prepared to umpire anymore because of the aggression towards them. ive heard some shocking stories of umpires being set upon after games when the result had bearings on finals/chance to play finals.
how bad was the behaviour, tobb??

ive heard he goes alright, dizz...

Well I guess if you use your bat instead of your pads.........hmmmm.... but I do agree, if 1 of our players gets hit and I KNOW it is out, I would give it.

IMO, the behaviour of players has not been too good for the last 5-6 years. I have not seen anything physical towards an umpire, but more just general behaviour. I mean players continue to carry on after a decision is made be it for or against, they just go too far instaed of getting on with the game. And I have no doubt that the higher profile players in the comp get "looked after". Or should I say get away with more.

3's mate..... and Sunday?? Oh well, good luck.

8.4-1-17-7... fair effort, tobb. thats an analysis bowlers dream about in one dayers!!

hey dizz, how did sean sutton go? was i right in saying hes a capable umpire??

you wonder why umpires do that - the chance of cash in hand & a lovely day out in the sunshine just doesnt do it for some of them. perhaps he had a better offer elsewhere??

fooey5for10;307974 said:
8.4-1-17-7... fair effort, tobb. thats an analysis bowlers dream about in one dayers!!

hey dizz, how did sean sutton go? was i right in saying hes a capable umpire??

Its nice to get wickets without having to bowl 28 overs!! A couple of good catches helped!! Thanks boys.

I cant understand why the umpire didnt show up. As far as I know, not even a phone call to United cricket club??

Too Old Body Broke;308064 said:
Its nice to get wickets without having to bowl 28 overs!! A couple of good catches helped!! Thanks boys.

I cant understand why the umpire didnt show up. As far as I know, not even a phone call to United cricket club??

Probably eloped with the bloke who's supposed to put Uniteds score cards on My Cricket - 2's, 3's & 4's not up

DizzyGillepsie;307986 said:
how'd you go yesterday in the snake pit?

good day, dizz - had a win. that was 4 for the club this weekend!! went alright i guess... 11-2-35-3 & 58*.

something for the selectors to think about but probably no closer to a recall!! ;)

DizzyGillepsie;308182 said:
good job mate....i'd be happy with those numbers any day

Would you like me to come down from Darwin to give you some batting coaching Dizz?

I know i'm your'e hero but you dont need to copy my average score!

Mick Megne;308486 said:
Would you like me to come down from Darwin to give you some batting coaching Dizz?

I know i'm your'e hero but you dont need to copy my average score!

well i went in at 4/51 chasing a low score and i said to myself that i wasn't coming back off the field until we passed the target score. i wanted to steady the ship as it wasn't looking really good at that stage. unfortunately i was back in the shed after 4 balls. i did score a leg bye if that's any consellation? maybe next time i'll roll up a pad and use that as a bat. i reckon i'll have more success in being able to middle the ball that way :)

DizzyGillepsie;308512 said:
well i went in at 4/51 chasing a low score and i said to myself that i wasn't coming back off the field until we passed the target score. i wanted to steady the ship as it wasn't looking really good at that stage. unfortunately i was back in the shed after 4 balls. i did score a leg bye if that's any consellation? maybe next time i'll roll up a pad and use that as a bat. i reckon i'll have more success in being able to middle the ball that way :)

so you were out plumb lbw, dizz??

fooey5for10;308693 said:
so you were out plumb lbw, dizz??

well i don't know about plumb... i'd like to think i'm never out when i'm given lbw :), but the person umpiring had a long hard look at it before raising the finger and i know that this bloke wouldn't have given me out if there was any doubt, so i can accept his descision no probs.

Are we ready to call that the top 4 are pretty well set in stone now??

A couple of big games this week, with RPB v Spotty and Youlden v Yarraville. What are everyone's thought on these clashes??

Dizzy, how is the Spotty team shaping up compared to our round one game? Many new faces?

Back