Senior Central 2nds

Re: Senior Central 2nds

mickeybee;304878 said:
Too Old Body Broke;298449 said:
Thanks mate,

Short straight boundaries.. Sounds like my cup of tea.. I like you fellas for having the balls to say who you are and who you play for.. Speaks volumes..

Not like the other anonymous fellas that sit back and sledge.. I left this site for ages last year when all the keyboard hero's were around. It's like people have to be purposly confrontational when online, simply because they know they are safe..

pisses me off a bit.. But oh well..

/ rant

Hey MB....

As i said, very short straight......... in fact i reckon someone like Bronca would be pushing off out of the bar!!!!

I cant see the point in being anonomys?? WTF?? Whatever.... each to their own..

It is tight in North 2nds. Who do you play?

a happy new year to my fellow bloggers here!!

tips for round 7:

ROYAL PARK BRUNSWICK v williamstown cyms - rpb comfortably but not without a fight from the fearon lads.

YOULDEN PARKVILLE v melbourne high school old boys - had trouble the last 2 seasons in same game but i think we're mentally tougher & playing better this season to hold out the unicorns.

sunshine druids v YARRAVILLE CLUB - the lads from hansen now looking to consolidate position in four & should win in a canter.

SUNSHINE UNITED v spotswood - going for an upset here as sunny u to make it 2 in a row against spotty.

can anyone from yarraville club or royal park brunswick shed some light on your result from round 6?? what i see is a "normal" scorecard for a one - dayer yet the result says royal park brunswick won outright.

what gives??

fooey5for10;305005 said:
a happy new year to my fellow bloggers here!!

tips for round 7:

ROYAL PARK BRUNSWICK v williamstown cyms - rpb comfortably but not without a fight from the fearon lads.

YOULDEN PARKVILLE v melbourne high school old boys - had trouble the last 2 seasons in same game but i think we're mentally tougher & playing better this season to hold out the unicorns.

sunshine druids v YARRAVILLE CLUB - the lads from hansen now looking to consolidate position in four & should win in a canter.

SUNSHINE UNITED v spotswood - going for an upset here as sunny u to make it 2 in a row against spotty.

Gday Foo,

And all the best to you for the year, except against Spotty of course!!

Think you are on the mark there, except for selecting SU, for obvious reasons. I see they have played a few guys that i have played against in the 1's a few years ago. So it should be a good game. Last time I played at SU the tack was absolute belter. The game is made for batsmen:D

Are you back in favour and in the 2's?

DizzyGillepsie;305560 said:
last years track at selwyn park was as good as they get when i played against SU, I hope it'll be the same this saturday.

C'mon Dizz....... nothing wrong with a little juice in any track??

Too Old Body Broke;305543 said:
Gday Foo,

And all the best to you for the year, except against Spotty of course!!

Think you are on the mark there, except for selecting SU, for obvious reasons. I see they have played a few guys that i have played against in the 1's a few years ago. So it should be a good game. Last time I played at SU the tack was absolute belter. The game is made for batsmen:D

Are you back in favour and in the 2's?

gday tobb!! thanks for those new year wishes!! well, we have to biased on THAT aspect, brother... ;)

yes, understand that. i dont know whats its like to play against sunshine united as i never have!! (not in the 2s anyway)...

dont know - problem is i speak my mind & it sometimes gets me into trouble with the executive!! guess i'll find out tomorrow night. depends on numbers too.

does spotswood have a problem with numbers after the christmas break??

fooey5for10;305732 said:
gday tobb!! thanks for those new year wishes!! well, we have to biased on THAT aspect, brother... ;)

yes, understand that. i dont know whats its like to play against sunshine united as i never have!! (not in the 2s anyway)...

dont know - problem is i speak my mind & it sometimes gets me into trouble with the executive!! guess i'll find out tomorrow night. depends on numbers too.

does spotswood have a problem with numbers after the christmas break??

With this being my first season out of the 1's, I have never played their 2's either.

Haha sometimes you are better off not saying anything at all.

Sometimes we have # problems. We are actually getting about 5 players back after xmas!! It is usally the kids who cant play as they are away on hols etc.

Too Old Body Broke;306418 said:
With this being my first season out of the 1's, I have never played their 2's either.

Haha sometimes you are better off not saying anything at all.

Sometimes we have # problems. We are actually getting about 5 players back after xmas!! It is usally the kids who cant play as they are away on hols etc.

how are you finding the players' standard of umpiring?? bet youre finding it interesting to say the least now youre playing 2s cricket...

true but sometimes the executive need to know about things theyve been missing themselves...

same deal here. its the older blokes with brittle bones that are letting us down!! ;) its the reverse to you - the kids are plentiful!!

foo i have no real complaints with players umpiring except for a few isolated incidents, it's generally ok and done in the spirit of cricket.

fooey5for10;306488 said:
how are you finding the players' standard of umpiring?? bet youre finding it interesting to say the least now youre playing 2s cricket...

true but sometimes the executive need to know about things theyve been missing themselves...

same deal here. its the older blokes with brittle bones that are letting us down!! ;) its the reverse to you - the kids are plentiful!!

Agree with Dizz, generally not too bad. Dont rate having to go out and square leg either!! I can see how a game could get quite heated.

I hear what you are saying.

Hahaha and hence my log in name..... feel every bit of 42 years old after a game!!

We have 2 very handy ins ...... Dion Kratz and Mick McCarthy!!

fair enough but doesnt it really annoy you that most players have no idea on how to judge an lbw??

i always thought that if its pitching in line & going on to hit, then its out regardless of where the batsman is placed.

it just really irritates me that players constantly give a plumb lbw not out.

does this happen in your games also??

It happens even when you do have umpires!!! I think without umpires, there is a general rule of no lbw's at all. Which is obviously wrong. You cannot just take a rule out of the game simply because there is no official umpire!

How did you go last nite? Back in the 2's?

it's a tough one rossy, i got a few lbw's earlier in the season and one particular bloke from their team was umpiring at the time. i thought they were fair calls, but the rest of his team mates proceeded to bag the shit out of him after the game. it's a bit of a dammed if you do, dammed if you don't situation, but you're right... you can't take a rule out of a game. a similar thing happened when i was umpiring for my team when i was a kid, gave someone out lbw as there was no doubt, and the rest of the team tore strips off me.

Hey Dizz, yeah not a nice situation I know. Not sure what the answer is. Dare I say the obvious... more umpires are needed. I can understand why people are reluctant to umpire though. I have seen some terrible behaviour from players toward umpires.

Back