Senior Central 2nds

Re: Senior Central 2nds

schofield, you'll probably see the usual faces with a few changes since round 1.

i think the top 3 are set but order could change and i think the top 4 will be certain after round 9. don't want to say anything until then.

tips for round 8:

royal park brunswick v SPOTSWOOD... 2nd position on the line here. i feel spotty a little more polished & should record an important & hard fought win at the most daunting venue in division.

YOULDEN PARKVILLE v yarraville club... we want to retain 1st position & it wont been easy against yc. they will challenge with an intense game but we should be too good.

sunshine druids v MELBOURNE HIGH SCHOOL OLD BOYS... sunny ds horror season to continue so the unicorns in a canter.

sunshine united v WILLIAMSTOWN CYMS... very important game for the lads from fearon if theyre serious about finals. must bounce back here to remain in the hunt.

fooey5for10;309618 said:
tips for round 8:

royal park brunswick v SPOTSWOOD... 2nd position on the line here. i feel spotty a little more polished & should record an important & hard fought win at the most daunting venue in division.

YOULDEN PARKVILLE v yarraville club... we want to retain 1st position & it wont been easy against yc. they will challenge with an intense game but we should be too good.

sunshine druids v MELBOURNE HIGH SCHOOL OLD BOYS... sunny ds horror season to continue so the unicorns in a canter.

sunshine united v WILLIAMSTOWN CYMS... very important game for the lads from fearon if theyre serious about finals. must bounce back here to remain in the hunt.

For what it is worth, here are my selections...
Spotty over RPB. Should be a great game but I know how determined we are to knock over RPB for the 2nd time this year and hopefully take an advantage, albeit a mental one, over them if we meet come finals.

I am going for YC in a tight 1. I think their strength is their bowling and should be able to hold off YP, sorry Foo...

Having not played against MHS, I can only go on what I saw from SD prior to xmas, and it wasnt great. So I think MHS.

And in another tight game, I am selecting SU. They showed enough last Sat to fight it out against us so SU for mine.

Good luck Foo, wherever you are picked.

fair set of tips there tobb although im obviously biased on one of them!! ;)

thanks brother. hopefully itll be in this division but im not holding my breath for a recall!!

were in the process of developing the kids so they will continue to play in the 2s & gain experience.

Too Old Body Broke;310292 said:
For what it is worth, here are my selections...
Spotty over RPB. Should be a great game but I know how determined we are to knock over RPB for the 2nd time this year and hopefully take an advantage, albeit a mental one, over them if we meet come finals.

I am going for YC in a tight 1. I think their strength is their bowling and should be able to hold off YP, sorry Foo...

Having not played against MHS, I can only go on what I saw from SD prior to xmas, and it wasnt great. So I think MHS.

And in another tight game, I am selecting SU. They showed enough last Sat to fight it out against us so SU for mine.

Good luck Foo, wherever you are picked.

Here's my thoughts on this weeks games:

RPB v Spotty. I think we've come along way since out round one clash, and being at home where we have been very good this season, i think this gives us the slight edge. Should be a ripper though.

Youlden v Yarraville. I didn't see any particular strength in yarraville's bowling when we played them, or batting for that matter. I think youlden are a better quality outfit.

CYs to maintain half a sniff of playing finals against SU.

And in the most crucial clash of the round... MHSOB over SD, provided that the high school boys are able to field a team .

G'day all.

Jacko here from CY's. I stumbled on this site this week and must say I enjoy this thread. It's so much better than all that crap that gets thrown around in the main VTCA thread.

I can't make too many comments on the depth of RPB, we only saw a few of their bats. Spotty can bowl and I'd pick them in a close one. A few "grubbers" at RPB might help the locals. By the way, Spotty has the best tracks we play on by plenty.

We don't play YC, so I've got little idea about how they'll go v Youlden. Enjoy playing Youlden though, good bunch of guys and magnificent track (for some.)

Schofield was spot on, if MHSOB can field a team they should flog Druids. Otis has just enough bats to help him to post a good score but they could do with 11 in the field.

We should do OK against SU, but we've thought that plenty of times only to collapse or drop plenty. Need to step up and have a bit of luck if we are any chance at all.

Cheers.

jacko66;311028 said:
G'day all.

Jacko here from CY's. I stumbled on this site this week and must say I enjoy this thread. It's so much better than all that crap that gets thrown around in the main VTCA thread.

I can't make too many comments on the depth of RPB, we only saw a few of their bats. Spotty can bowl and I'd pick them in a close one. A few "grubbers" at RPB might help the locals. By the way, Spotty has the best tracks we play on by plenty.

We don't play YC, so I've got little idea about how they'll go v Youlden. Enjoy playing Youlden though, good bunch of guys and magnificent track (for some.)

Schofield was spot on, if MHSOB can field a team they should flog Druids. Otis has just enough bats to help him to post a good score but they could do with 11 in the field.

We should do OK against SU, but we've thought that plenty of times only to collapse or drop plenty. Need to step up and have a bit of luck if we are any chance at all.

Cheers.

welcome jacko - glad youve found us!! youre right about that... this is the "better" vtca thread by far.

sure i speak for all of us here to say its great to get an opinion from a williamstown cyms point of view. i was beginning to think there was only 4 teams in the division!!

have to agree - spotswood do have a decent track that most of the time plays true. always look forward to the afternoon teas as well.

we say the same about your blokes as well, jacko. the 3 games weve had have always been hard fought. **laugh** i know you enjoy ryder... helped yourself to 7 in round 2!!

yes, you need to win this one & then carry on if you want to be there after the end of the preliminary rounds.

Thanks for the welcome Fooey, although I seemed to have dried up the conversation. Maybe it's because TOBB has gone back up to the 1's. I guess that's the punishment you get for taking 7 for not many!

Fooey, I must say we selfishly hoped your guys would get up against YC on the weekend. Instead, it looks like Freddy and the boys spent 40 overs chasing leather. Are you any chance of a recall this week, or is it true that you ducked up in the C's?

Does anyone know what happened between MHSOB and Druids, nothing on MyCricket?

jacko what's the go with your game? it says cy's won but sunshine are 9/137, cy's all out for 133... am i missing something? or do I have to repeat grade 3 maths? :)

Well spotted Dizzy. The totals are wrong on MyCricket.

CY's batting first 8-137
SU 10/133

They needed 15 off the last over with 1 wicket in hand. dot-4-dot-6-stumped off what would have been a wide. It got a bit too close for comfort.

I'll ask our guys that enters the scores to fix it.

jacko66;313197 said:
Thanks for the welcome Fooey, although I seemed to have dried up the conversation. Maybe it's because TOBB has gone back up to the 1's. I guess that's the punishment you get for taking 7 for not many!

Fooey, I must say we selfishly hoped your guys would get up against YC on the weekend. Instead, it looks like Freddy and the boys spent 40 overs chasing leather. Are you any chance of a recall this week, or is it true that you ducked up in the C's?

Does anyone know what happened between MHSOB and Druids, nothing on MyCricket?

Hey Jacko,

Nice to see some input from CY's on here.
Yeah went back in the 1's....... and got beaten. It was a must win game for our 1's, so I am not sure why I went in there??

The 4 is still not set, as the draw looks like a nightmare to work out who will finish where as the top 4 play each other across the last 3 rounds. If CY's keep winning, and sides above them lose, you never know...

Good to see Gilla get amongst em on Sat. Quality bloke. And I heard you guys may be seeing your very own "public menace" Rhino back soon?? I caught up with him over Xmas 4 a round of golf and whipped his ar#e, so if he does come back soon, be sure to ask him how he went.

Thanks TOBB

All we can do is try to win our games, no point worrying about the others.

Always good to have Gilla in the team. With our 1's travelling great, we may get to keep him for a while as well.

As far as I know, there is no final decision about Rhino heading back here, or not. Can't guess what the banks are about to do these days. Smart move getting him on the golf course. Even better if he's still a member, it forces a level of behaviour that is not natural for Rhino. He and I played a bit before he headed off.

jacko66;313207 said:
Thanks TOBB

All we can do is try to win our games, no point worrying about the others.

Always good to have Gilla in the team. With our 1's travelling great, we may get to keep him for a while as well.

As far as I know, there is no final decision about Rhino heading back here, or not. Can't guess what the banks are about to do these days. Smart move getting him on the golf course. Even better if he's still a member, it forces a level of behaviour that is not natural for Rhino. He and I played a bit before he headed off.

You are right, just worry about what you can control.

I think the day he heads back is getting very close. He has a gutful from the work side of things. Aand I have seen him at his best/worst on a golf course. Serial pest for sure!! We played at Eynesbury. Great track.

jacko66;314867 said:
This has all gone very quiet. Very little comment on last weeks games or the upcoming round?

Dizz, how did the bloke that had the run in with the fence pull up? Apparently it was a Funniest Home Videos moment.

Would have thought this week is fairly straight forward given it is basically top 4 v bottom 4.

YC all over United
Spotswood in an outright over Druids
Youlden in the closest match of the round over CYs
MHSOB better last week, but RPB still probably too strong

jacko66;314867 said:
This has all gone very quiet. Very little comment on last weeks games or the upcoming round?

Very quiet indeed this week, probably something to do with most of the posters having a loss on the weekend i guess. Was a good win by the parkers boys last weekend, slotting into first and again a 'mental edge' over finals rivals spotty.

Agree that the top 4 should all have a win this week, with maybe CYs being in with a chance of causing an upset to stay in the hunt. What's probably more interesting this week will be to see in any of the sides can secure an outright....Thoughts?

Spotty are a pretty good chance of an outright v Druids.

I think MHSOB have been playing short for quite a few games, although they rarely post their details on MyCricket, so its hard to know who they've got. Against us they only had 9, but a few good players amongst them. Depending on who shows up, RPB is in with a chance of an outright.

Sunshine United are not bad in the field, but realy on too few bats. YC should be too strong, although I'd love it to go the other way.

Although we know that CY's are underdogs against Youlden, we are in with a chance if we play well. It is pretty obvious that we need to win and then finish strong against MHSOB and Druids to have any show of the finals.

Cheers.

Schofield;315000 said:
Very quiet indeed this week, probably something to do with most of the posters having a loss on the weekend i guess. Was a good win by the parkers boys last weekend, slotting into first and again a 'mental edge' over finals rivals spotty.

Agree that the top 4 should all have a win this week, with maybe CYs being in with a chance of causing an upset to stay in the hunt. What's probably more interesting this week will be to see in any of the sides can secure an outright....Thoughts?

Hi there schofield, I wouldn't say 'mental edge' over spotty. It was just a one dayer in which you guys had a good win. Spotty was missing key bowler J. Ross and as you know, spotty let themselves down with the ball. They were also down 1 man for half the game when he had an argument with the fence.

The young chap is doing fine, I hope!

Will be an interesting few weeks as the TOP 4 takes shape. It's unfortunate that the only team to miss out playing Druids is RPB. Spotty missed out last yr.

Anyway with J.Ross back Spotty looking for outright. Anders welsh to TON up, Rossy and the cougar to clean up wickets. Probably 7 wickets a piece.

CY's still not out of it. Thank god 2 day cricket is back. Can't wait for the next few weeks results. Good luck to you all!!!

spotiswoode 1888;315173 said:
Hi there schofield, I wouldn't say 'mental edge' over spotty. It was just a one dayer in which you guys had a good win. Spotty was missing key bowler J. Ross and as you know, spotty let themselves down with the ball. They were also down 1 man for half the game when he had an argument with the fence.

The young chap is doing fine, I hope!

Will be an interesting few weeks as the TOP 4 takes shape. It's unfortunate that the only team to miss out playing Druids is RPB. Spotty missed out last yr.

Anyway with J.Ross back Spotty looking for outright. Anders welsh to TON up, Rossy and the cougar to clean up wickets. Probably 7 wickets a piece.

CY's still not out of it. Thank god 2 day cricket is back. Can't wait for the next few weeks results. Good luck to you all!!!

Haha, the 'mental edge' comment was actually in reference to tobb's tip before the game last week. You're definitely right about Spotty missing a key strike bowler, Ross will be a big in if we meet again, however we weren't exactly at full strength ourselves, G Cusack is averaging a lazy 70 with the bat and was absent on the weekend.

Agree that you boys should roll druids outright, and probably return to the top of the table, only hope we are in with a chance of doing the same against MHSOB - which is definitely possible if we get their couple of good bats cheaply. Absolutely baffles me why every side doesn't play each other at least once, could potentially determine the order of the top 4.

Against Druids, Rossy should get at least 10 unless Anders decides to share the ball around early.

Schofield, RPB have gone up in my opinion in the last few weeks. We played them a couple of weeks ago and they were much better than I remembered from last year. However, the team does seem to chop around each game and James and Cue in the 2's was a bonus. I suppose qualifying players isn't a problem while the Snrs look certain to be in the finals too.

Back