Senior Central 2nds

Re: Senior Central 2nds

jacko66;315308 said:
Against Druids, Rossy should get at least 10 unless Anders decides to share the ball around early.

Schofield, RPB have gone up in my opinion in the last few weeks. We played them a couple of weeks ago and they were much better than I remembered from last year. However, the team does seem to chop around each game and James and Cue in the 2's was a bonus. I suppose qualifying players isn't a problem while the Snrs look certain to be in the finals too.

10 Jacko??? Happy to get through 10 overs!!

Interesting starts on Sat. We were in all sorts at 8/81. Fair to say there was a bit in the track, plenty if grass but a fair contest. Tail wagged and got us to a respectable 230. Should be enough..... Should!! Famous last words..

Fooey, what happened at the Fearon. Or maybe Jacko can talk us through it?? Good effort by CY's. Still in there swingin Jacko...... funny game cricket!!

And I think the biggest surprise has to be MHSOB. I know it is being played on a small ground, but 275 is 275!! Are MH a chance to defend??

You're only a young pup, TOBB, at least compared to some. At some stage you'll learn to bowl slow.

I heard about your game re Druids. Out of gaol, and helped by someone who claims he can barely hold it?

We were naturally pretty happy with our effort v YPCC. After it took a while to get the first wicket, they fell regularly. The track was pretty dead really, it certainly didn't cause the collapse. We were in trouble early, but then our best 2 bats put on 130 odd in pretty quick time.

I'm not that surprised about MHSOB. As I said before they do have a few guys who can bat. It's just that they have struggled for numbers and depth and if Otis and one or two others fail it falls apart pretty quickly. As they don't post their scores very often we can't be sure, but my guess is that those guys got it together this week. They have one good spinner (Ferns I think) who could get them home, but again it falls away and if they have less than 11 in the field my money's still on RPB.

If the weather man is right and it hits 40 on Saturday, it might all be academic. Stupid rule if you ask me, even though it may be in our favour this week.

jacko66;316482 said:
You're only a young pup, TOBB, at least compared to some. At some stage you'll learn to bowl slow.

I heard about your game re Druids. Out of gaol, and helped by someone who claims he can barely hold it?

We were naturally pretty happy with our effort v YPCC. After it took a while to get the first wicket, they fell regularly. The track was pretty dead really, it certainly didn't cause the collapse. We were in trouble early, but then our best 2 bats put on 130 odd in pretty quick time.

I'm not that surprised about MHSOB. As I said before they do have a few guys who can bat. It's just that they have struggled for numbers and depth and if Otis and one or two others fail it falls apart pretty quickly. As they don't post their scores very often we can't be sure, but my guess is that those guys got it together this week. They have one good spinner (Ferns I think) who could get them home, but again it falls away and if they have less than 11 in the field my money's still on RPB.

If the weather man is right and it hits 40 on Saturday, it might all be academic. Stupid rule if you ask me, even though it may be in our favour this week.

Young pup?? If 42 is the new young then I am happy with that:D Spin is all i can do at training after a Sat anyhows..... alot easier on the body thats fo sho!!

Good effort by CY's. I see Gauci is back? Handy player. What happened to Gilla?? See you got 3 fa? Nice work....

I would love to see MH get up, for obvious reasons.... and yourselves of course..:cool:

Hello Boyz, Just heard about this thread and thought i'd give another spotswood perspective.
Interesting weekend results. Gotta love that CY's already got the points. What's going on with Freddies boyz??. Youlden have a tough run home.. Spotty away and RPB home.. Could CY's replace them in the 4?
Forecast for SAT still 40. Damn.

jacko66;315308 said:
Against Druids, Rossy should get at least 10 unless Anders decides to share the ball around early.

Schofield, RPB have gone up in my opinion in the last few weeks. We played them a couple of weeks ago and they were much better than I remembered from last year. However, the team does seem to chop around each game and James and Cue in the 2's was a bonus. I suppose qualifying players isn't a problem while the Snrs look certain to be in the finals too.

Agree with the points you are making there. We're probably unlikely to see Cue or James in the 2s again this season, with both of them being integral to the 1s campaign. That was a very strong side that was fielded against you boys a couple of weeks ago, just looking at the side then, i think 7 players in that team have played senior division this year. However, in saying that i think we still have enough capable players to be competitive in the finals. Can't really make comment about comparing to last year as i wasn't at the club, or even in the comp for that matter.

Too Old Body Broke;316397 said:
And I think the biggest surprise has to be MHSOB. I know it is being played on a small ground, but 275 is 275!! Are MH a chance to defend??

Given that MH haven't put their scores up, I'll let you guys know that Otis made 150 odd. 275 is definitely a competitive total, but also gettable a one, as long as we bat out the overs i think we should get those runs.

Cougar;316731 said:
Hello Boyz, Just heard about this thread and thought i'd give another spotswood perspective.
Interesting weekend results. Gotta love that CY's already got the points. What's going on with Freddies boyz??. Youlden have a tough run home.. Spotty away and RPB home.. Could CY's replace them in the 4?
Forecast for SAT still 40. Damn.

Interesting. Just having a look, CYs need to make up around 24 points. Hypothetically, if CYs did win all 3 and youlden lost all 3 this would put them roughly on the same amount of points, depending on bonus points. CYs have druids in the last round, could possibly get some extra points there. Lot of water to go under the bridge between now and then though.

Too Old Body Broke;316397 said:
10 Jacko??? Happy to get through 10 overs!!

Interesting starts on Sat. We were in all sorts at 8/81. Fair to say there was a bit in the track, plenty if grass but a fair contest. Tail wagged and got us to a respectable 230. Should be enough..... Should!! Famous last words..

Fooey, what happened at the Fearon. Or maybe Jacko can talk us through it?? Good effort by CY's. Still in there swingin Jacko...... funny game cricket!!

Hey Too Old..
whilst you may well be one of the best trippers around, you should hang them up. You are past it now.

A pleasure to be out here;316882 said:
Hey Too Old..
whilst you may well be one of the best trippers around, you should hang them up. You are past it now.

Thanks for the words of advice. I have taken them on board and as of this minute, I have retired!! Cheers

A pleasure to be out here;316882 said:
Hey Too Old..

A pleasure to be out here;316889 said:
about time you hung them up.
you are too old, and now too slow.
would love to face you know!

You are a dead set tosser mate..

Do you have the courage to say who you are? Didn't think so buddy..

mickeybee;317121 said:
You are a dead set tosser mate..

Do you have the courage to say who you are? Didn't think so buddy..

hey Mickeybee, who the fark are you anyway..? did not see your name enclosed....
If you have been around SCC for any period of time, you might have heard the reference "pleasure to be out here"... As for Rossy he has heard this many times, as the reference is towards him!
As for courage to say who i am, no need Rossy knows who i am. Although i did call him to have a laugh about it... he is not out of place with me remarks, he actually enjoyed the banter..
maybe if my comments where to you then your response would be welcomed, as they are not, they are full GAF.
maybe before you fire off comments, you ask around to see if they are tounge in cheek or serious. Your the tosser here champ!

A pleasure to be out here;317534 said:
hey Mickeybee, who the fark are you anyway..? did not see your name enclosed....
If you have been around SCC for any period of time, you might have heard the reference "pleasure to be out here"... As for Rossy he has heard this many times, as the reference is towards him!
As for courage to say who i am, no need Rossy knows who i am. Although i did call him to have a laugh about it... he is not out of place with me remarks, he actually enjoyed the banter..
maybe if my comments where to you then your response would be welcomed, as they are not, they are full GAF.
maybe before you fire off comments, you ask around to see if they are tounge in cheek or serious. Your the tosser here champ!

If that is true then I apologise..

I acted far too prematurely..

Welcome to the site, and carry on..

mickeybee;317585 said:
If that is true then I apologise..

I acted far too prematurely..

Welcome to the site, and carry on..

Yeah its all good Mickey. Played with him a many years ago. He loves the banter, LOVES IT!!

How are you guys looking atm?

Too Old Body Broke;317714 said:
Yeah its all good Mickey. Played with him a many years ago. He loves the banter, LOVES IT!!

How are you guys looking atm?

Hey mate,

Yeah made a bit of a fool of myself there.. Hard to tell who is serious and who isn't..

Mate, not going very well to be honest.. Can't go on with any kind of scores at all.. Kicked a ball that was 1 foot down legside on to my off stump trying to put it over square leg..

As a team, we are not going much better.. Think we have the 2nd highest amount of runs and wickets, but we are second last.

We made a good score on the weekend, and hopefully we can get a win..

I didn't know you can bat as well??!! 41.. You beauty.. Your tail certainly wagged..

mickeybee;317742 said:
Hey mate,

Yeah made a bit of a fool of myself there.. Hard to tell who is serious and who isn't..

Mate, not going very well to be honest.. Can't go on with any kind of scores at all.. Kicked a ball that was 1 foot down legside on to my off stump trying to put it over square leg..

As a team, we are not going much better.. Think we have the 2nd highest amount of runs and wickets, but we are second last.

We made a good score on the weekend, and hopefully we can get a win..

I didn't know you can bat as well??!! 41.. You beauty.. Your tail certainly wagged..

Always finding different ways to get out huh? Try picking the pill up next time and throw it over the fence...

Yeah 41.... love batting. In fact its the old adage that bowlers think they can bat and batsmen think they know how to bowl.... and keepers.... well they are a different breed altogether haha

jacko66;317587 said:
"A Pleasure to be Here"; want to exchange a bit of snow for a heat wave?
Haha yeah.... i spoke to him this morning and it is shin high atm. I told him if he could swing a golf club as well as he sledges, he would be taking Tiger on..

Too Old Body Broke;317815 said:
Haha yeah.... i spoke to him this morning and it is shin high atm. I told him if he could swing a golf club as well as he sledges, he would be taking Tiger on..

The further he is from the hole the better he swings them!

Back