Senior Central 2nds

Re: Senior Central 2nds

southern sledge;334805 said:
A new groundsman i belive Dizzy, apparently is doing a good job.

looks like we got a home final on our bottom ground.... after reading your post, i thought we were going to be playing at hampton ;)

update on the grand final. No play on saturday due to the conditions, we won the toss on sunday and Anders sent RPB into bat. after a frustrating day for both teams with several rain interruptions, only 60 overs got bowled and RPB finished at 9/122. still anyones game

"Still anyone's game"? Spotty have to red hot favourites, especially with some decent weather to prepare a good deck.

i'm very cautious not to get ahead oh myself jacko.... as much as i'd like to say that we're in a good position, cricket's a funny game and anything really can happen.

Schofield,

Interested to know your thoughts on last weekend and this one coming? Was obviously tough conditions, and with going on and off for rain not helping either?

Too Old Body Broke;337898 said:
Schofield,

Interested to know your thoughts on last weekend and this one coming? Was obviously tough conditions, and with going on and off for rain not helping either?

Conditions were certainly tough for batting (or at I least made them look that way!). Not much was really in our favour, pitch was doing a bit all day, outfield was pretty slow and the continuous interruptions made it really hard to get set. Having said that though, i think the Spotty boys bowled really well and kept constant pressure us, special mention to a fiery spell from tobb in between rain delays! But as Dizzy rightly points out, despite you guys being on top, anything can happen this weekend. Lets not forget we rolled YC last game for a hundred odd, when in a similar position. We don't think we are out of the game by any means. My only hope is that conditions aren't significantly different this weekend, because it would be a shame if the toss ending up having a big influence on the result.

Schofield;337908 said:
Conditions were certainly tough for batting (or at I least made them look that way!). Not much was really in our favour, pitch was doing a bit all day, outfield was pretty slow and the continuous interruptions made it really hard to get set. Having said that though, i think the Spotty boys bowled really well and kept constant pressure us, special mention to a fiery spell from tobb in between rain delays! But as Dizzy rightly points out, despite you guys being on top, anything can happen this weekend. Lets not forget we rolled YC last game for a hundred odd, when in a similar position. We don't think we are out of the game by any means. My only hope is that conditions aren't significantly different this weekend, because it would be a shame if the toss ending up having a big influence on the result.

Well I guess your skipper was in a tough situation, like all other captains that finished lower on the ladder. That is, damned if you do push to get the game started and damned if you dont. I know he was keen to get it going because you can never be sure how much cricket you will get in the following weekend. However, losing the toss was not the outcome you was looking for. I hope your guys enjoyed the subtle chats from our short leg? Nothing over the top really comes out, but he just keeps finding funny stuff.

Anyhow, as both you and Dizz have said, a long, long way to go in this game!! And yes, for you guys to bowl out the YC side for a low score in the semi, just backs this up. Should be a good weekends cricket, but I hope a fantastic one for Spotty.

The weather certainly looks tailor made for teams batting this week. Defending a low score will be tough and I still think that Spotty has the upper hand. Dizzy/Rossy, that doesn't mean I think that you have it in the bag, plenty left to do yet, simply that you are favourites by some distance right now.

As for the short leg, (J Welsh isn't it?) he has got plenty to say. I assumed that's what he is picked for, didn't do much with the bat? I managed to stay out there for longer than normal last week and heard a few good one's from him, mixed in with plenty of meaningless nonsense, but all good fun.

This forum even got mentioned when I strode out to the middle, although that stopped when some old bloke had to go and have a rest for a few overs. Can't say I was too upset, he can't bowl from the rooms.

jacko66;337993 said:
This forum even got mentioned when I strode out to the middle, although that stopped when some old bloke had to go and have a rest for a few overs. Can't say I was too upset, he can't bowl from the rooms.

YEAH, Now that's what I'm talking about. (Pitty, this sort of fight was missing from your lot in the semi)

Schofield,

What was the story behind dropping De Martinis. Wasn't he your No. 1 keeper for the whole year in the two's. He wouldn't be happy? (Unless he's injured)

Cougar, If you are who I think you are, you personally didn't put up too much resistance against us during the short time we were on top. Left it all to your mates as I recall. A quick glance at Senior Division stats confirms why you're in the 2's.

Having said that you were the best leggie on view in the semi (as a few of your guys kindly reminded me) and it looks like you bowled well last week. Let's hope you Cougar, and you alone, can handle the pressure chasing a small total in the final. If you can't, I still think that your mates will prop you up again.

As I said before, we're generally happy with our second half of the year. Showed plenty of ticker to get to the finals, let ourselves down a bit in the semi against a very good side (or at least 10 of them.)

All in fun, Jacko.

Cougar;338070 said:
Schofield,

What was the story behind dropping De Martinis. Wasn't he your No. 1 keeper for the whole year in the two's. He wouldn't be happy? (Unless he's injured)

i'll go one step further and ask what the story is with dropping corrigan... i guess he hasn't had the best year this year, but he can hit them. bit shocked not to see him and demartinis in the side.

jacko66;338280 said:
Cougar, If you are who I think you are, you personally didn't put up too much resistance against us during the short time we were on top. Left it all to your mates as I recall. A quick glance at Senior Division stats confirms why you're in the 2's.

Having said that you were the best leggie on view in the semi (as a few of your guys kindly reminded me) and it looks like you bowled well last week. Let's hope you Cougar, and you alone, can handle the pressure chasing a small total in the final. If you can't, I still think that your mates will prop you up again.

As I said before, we're generally happy with our second half of the year. Showed plenty of ticker to get to the finals, let ourselves down a bit in the semi against a very good side (or at least 10 of them.)

All in fun, Jacko.

Thanks for the pep talk. I think i needed a rev up. I'll try my best to sustain the pressure where ever i bat. (Although My limit is 1000 KPa and then me fooffa valve goes).
And Why does James Welsh always miss out in Spotty's best 10. :D

I'm focusing on Sensitive Cricket this weekend. It's the 08/09 game plan.

fooffa valve? don't you mean your blow off valve on your ex chaser vl turbo? and don't talk in Kpa... real muzzas talk in psi. how much boost uleh??????????????

OK, here's my response to the questions regarding selection. Firstly, let me say that one way or another some extremely difficult decisions needed to be made considering the availability of Bloomfield and Elleray who have spent the majority of the season in the 1s. Corrigan is a club stalwart, premiership player, treasurer for a number of years etc, but due to work commitments hasn't be able to train regularly, and actually pulled himself from selection for finals in order to make place for others. Terrific gesture.

"Moose" De Martinis was available for selection, and was extremely stiff to miss out given his commitment to the club this season, has made runs and kept really well. Unfortunately the fact that the skipper can keep, and that Elleray, an opening bat was coming back from the 1s probably worked against him. He is 12th man for the game and as i said can consider himself very stiff.

So, all I can say about selection despite not actually being involved in any decision making process, is that ultimately you can't cant fit 13/14 blokes into 11 spots and unfortunately was always going to be a couple of disappointed guys who were very stiff to miss out on playing in the GF.

fair enough...

and i guess that you are sebastian oliver

pic96841_md.jpg

From the scorecard, it looks like the gf was one hell of a game. Plenty of ups and downs. Got a few updates from Butch and Knighter through the afternoon and it seemed Spotty were as good as home. Funny game as they say. When you've all recovered from celebrating or despairing can someone talk us through the last day's action please?

ps Fair finals series from Teaspoon, shame he didn't get a medal to go with it.

Congratulations to all the rpbcc 2nds players for an inspiring win to fight a game out when all seemed lost shows not only true character but what makes this game great.To the spotswood players bad luck but you had your chances but could not deliver.My only regret for the final is a senior 2nds grand final had to be played on a ground that had no grass on the outfield which turned into mud the first week and dustbowl the 2nd week.:):):)

Back