Senior Division 10/11

re: Senior Division 10/11

century scorer;372859 said:
And Yarraville Club aren't that far ahead anymore... Very even competition.. Be a good match this week between us. Pity i'm not eligible to play

Whats happened to the green trackie brigade?Money must have run
out,No Bronca,Cristafaro,Pope,Jones,Patcholi and O'Keffe played for Werribee
on tuesday night in 20/20 comp did he get cleared?:confused::rolleyes:

Give it a rest!! everyone knows who you are so why are you potting a club your a life member of? No one down there likes you anymore anyways you muppet! Pull your head in or give back your life membership!

A1B2C3D4;375481 said:
As usual the umpores over officiate, the runs were for running down the middle of the wickets. Clearly not going to have any effect at their ground.

I heard one of the guys was wearing runners anyway.

Lets hope they are red hot both ways and dont have a bearing on the result!
They had been warned quite a few times about it and also by the McKinnon skipper who is getting a reputation as the biggest sook in the VTCA

How on earth does A.fortini from Spotswood get a couple of wickets and a few runs with the bat???? He has struggled for years.... Comp must of gone down hill.... Where are all the superstars anyway from last years S.C.C 2nd's???

Teen Wolf;376727 said:
How on earth does A.fortini from Spotswood get a couple of wickets and a few runs with the bat???? He has struggled for years.... Comp must of gone down hill.... Where are all the superstars anyway from last years S.C.C 2nd's???
If you're here just to offend players I suggest you take your contempt somewhere else. We don't need people like you on this site.

Teen Wolf;376727 said:

let's just say that even old hacks get lucky every now and then ;)

it's also ironic that Teen Wolf posted in the Senior Division thread as A.Fortini is far too old to play Senior Division. With all the young talent coming through, Spotty would be wasting their time investing in old hacks like him :p

Teen Wolf;376727 said:

Not sure who you are but I have noticed that all your posts are Spotty related?? You may be a fellow Spotty player taking the piss? Dizzy bowled well on Sat with a bit of hoop helping. And he belted a pretty good 71 n/o in the 2nd dig. Can't do much more than that IMO.

And last years superstars?? Not sure who you are referring to? We were a pretty good all round side last year, but not good enough in the game that matters most. There are a few that are not playing yet, maybe will be back soon?

Called in to see a bit of SC and Spotty, doesn't seem to be much depth in the attack. Robertson just keeps bowling, even when the 2nd innings of South was putting the game out of Spotswoods reach and did he waste a lot of energy bowling bouncer after bouncer on a dead wicket. Dizzy might have to go up to the firsts, but he probably wouldn't get a bowl.

southern sledge;376910 said:
Called in to see a bit of SC and Spotty, doesn't seem to be much depth in the attack. Robertson just keeps bowling, even when the 2nd innings of South was putting the game out of Spotswoods reach and did he waste a lot of energy bowling bouncer after bouncer on a dead wicket. Dizzy might have to go up to the firsts, but he probably wouldn't get a bowl.

whats the go with all the spotty guys out??? When do they come back? tough when you lose the quality of some of those guys.

JUSTCALLME X;377344 said:
whats the go with all the spotty guys out??? When do they come back? tough when you lose the quality of some of those guys.

Most of the post's are spotty related because i know someone down there, heard the word is that all the blokes.....who show ponnied in the 2nds! arent playing because m. knight broke the mirror in the home rooms, stylin his back hair??? can anyone shine any light on the subject????

i hate to be splitting hairs on every post.....

now that the spring racing carnival is over and once all the dance parties finish (stereosonic, defcon, good vibes etc.) i'm sure the fluro t-shirt wearing, white sunglass wearing, long fringe glued across your face type people will decide that they just want to rock up and play in the 1's :D

A big shout out to the City of Glen Eira.

Our 2nds game was called off as Council had cancelled all games in the municipality.

Drove 1.5km into Stonnington Council where our 1s happily played all day.

Good work nuffys.

AB 5 Star;377806 said:

Our 2nds game was called off as Council had cancelled all games in the municipality.

Good work nuffys.
There are no Senior Division clubs based in Stonnington, so i don't know where you went.

southern sledge;377841 said:
There are no Senior Division clubs based in Stonnington, so i don't know where you went.

Not sure he was implying that. Are Mckinnon and Sth Caulfield in the Glen Eira Council? Perhaps this is the relevance to Senior Div.

The problem here is on many fronts. Mostly, as I see it, selfish clubs chasing bonus points is the only reason we had a report to grounds scenario. Less than 20 (or less than 30%) 1stXI games across all divisions got a start. Most of those games were dominated by bowlers (except APW v McK), or another way of putting it, the side that won the toss.

Why at this stage of the year would you risk a game (and potentially your season) on a toss of the coin? Friggin' bonus points, that's why!

With the rain that we had in Melbourne from wednesday last week thru to friday, I don't know how any club could have prepared a 'fair' wicket. I'm told St Bernards said their track was set to go on Saturday morning, yet when YCCC arrived there were players drying the wicket with towels and dryers!! There were clearly other clubs who said the same thing. Be honest! There is not much the VTCA can do when clubs LIE.

We're all here to play cricket, but not on swamps....

There is also a big issue with councils, but I would not be blaming Glen Eira for the Debacle that was last weekends round of (farcical) matches.

Expect some good cricket this weekend from the clubs that didn't play last weekend...

AB 5 Star;377806 said:

Good work nuffys.

Having worked at the city of glen eira and knowing the management well, the decision would have been a last resort and made in the best interest of the home clubs.

if only bayside council put as much thought and care into their grounds, hampton migth be a decent ground to field on.

There are plenty of South clubs within the City of Glen Eira that aren't too pleased with the events of last weekend.

Apparently the councils decision to not allow play only extended to VTCA games, with sub district clubs within Glen Eira being able to use their grounds.

The South clubs are meeting with the VTCA to see what can be done about the apparent double standards that seem to exist between the VTCA clubs and the other competitions in the area.

Back