Senior Division 10/11

re: Senior Division 10/11

SS, setting up separate threads the way you have is a great idea. Last year the Senior Central 2nds was a well supported (and well behaved) thread. It would be great if you could set up a Senior 2nds thread this year.

The way CY's is looking, and the age I am getting too, I'm every chance to get demoted from the 2's, but it would be good to hear how young blokes like Too Old Body Broke are getting on.

jacko66;364580 said:
SS, setting up separate threads the way you have is a great idea. Last year the Senior Central 2nds was a well supported (and well behaved) thread. It would be great if you could set up a Senior 2nds thread this year.

The way CY's is looking, and the age I am getting too, I'm every chance to get demoted from the 2's, but it would be good to hear how young blokes like Too Old Body Broke are getting on.
Thanks Jacko, you can start a thread yourself if you like.

Hi Guys,

3 weeks from the start of the season, just a quick one to wish everyone the best of seasons.

Play hard and play fair! enjoy your cricket and friendly banter on the field and enjoy the aftermatch festivities even more.

Go Hammers!!!!

Early thoughts? Rutley signing with APW but they lose Jones. Yarraville pick up some handy players, who is going to be the McKInnon this year (the bolter?)

Are Old Essendon going to pick up any players? Like wise Altona North & Youlden...could be the bottom 3 if they don't recruit well.

Can Willy CY match it in the big league? Will Osborne enhance his reputation as one of the comps greats or will St Bernards struggle with the step up?

Royal Park have lost Hillas, will they keep Maurice? Contessa always does well but they desperately need a bigger contribution from others.

Keilor have lost 75% of their runs with Porter gone, who will step up for them?

Some fascinating cricket to be played.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;364879 said:
Early thoughts? Rutley signing with APW but they lose Jones. Yarraville pick up some handy players, who is going to be the McKInnon this year (the bolter?)

Are Old Essendon going to pick up any players? Like wise Altona North & Youlden...could be the bottom 3 if they don't recruit well.

Can Willy CY match it in the big league? Will Osborne enhance his reputation as one of the comps greats or will St Bernards struggle with the step up?

Royal Park have lost Hillas, will they keep Maurice? Contessa always does well but they desperately need a bigger contribution from others.

Keilor have lost 75% of their runs with Porter gone, who will step up for them?

Some fascinating cricket to be played.

I see both Porter and Hillas made goden ducks to start the season, a small dose of Premier cricket reality for those boys.

Still can't see many sides knocking off the big 2 in APWSTC and Yarraville too often, could we all be playing for 3rd and 4th??

All round class;368836 said:
I see both Porter and Hillas made goden ducks to start the season, a small dose of Premier cricket reality for those boys.

Still can't see many sides knocking off the big 2 in APWSTC and Yarraville too often, could we all be playing for 3rd and 4th??

AP/W, by 3-4 runs, and Yarraville Club in a last ball thriller, i think this year could very close indeed

Not much happening on this thread so selections this week.
Keilor over Altona
CYMS over McKinnon
AWSTC over Spotty
YC over SCCC
YP over Essendon

southern sledge;371335 said:
Keilor over Altona
CYMS over McKinnon
AWSTC over Spotty
YC over SCCC
YP over Essendon

going to go with the heart and say spotty over airport west

Keilor over Altona
CYMS over McKinnon
AWSTC over Spotty
YC over SCCC
YP over Essendon

thats only 5 games!!!!

Keilor over Altona
CYMS over McKinnon
AWSTC over Spotty
YC over SCCC
YP over Essendon

I'll have,

Altona North just over Keilor
CYMS at home
Airport West
Club
Youlden at home with Showy to get 5 fa
RPB just

MASSIVE win for Spotty...are they the real deal ?? Certainly looking that way early....

Business as usual for Yarraville....

Solid wins for both new boys....

Keilor not feeling the effects of no Boppa....

Could it be a fairly level and exciting year this season...??

One has to question Mckinnons bowling depth, Ben Grant 4overs 0-25,
Mat Pearson 2 overs 0-27, Michael Watts 4 overs 1-33.

was this just a once of bad performance by these bowlers or will they continue to be expensive bowling options?

jika jika;371780 said:
I'll have,

Altona North just over Keilor
CYMS at home
Airport West
Club
Youlden at home with Showy to get 5 fa
RPB just

wow. that wasn't the best bit of tipping.
can't believe Ariport West lost though. Big surprise.

Kev Davis;372078 said:
One has to question Mckinnons bowling depth, Ben Grant 4overs 0-25,
Mat Pearson 2 overs 0-27, Michael Watts 4 overs 1-33.

was this just a once of bad performance by these bowlers or will they continue to be expensive bowling options?
I hear that their Captain was back to his sooking best

cherried_lid;372260 said:
wow. that wasn't the best bit of tipping.
can't believe Ariport West lost though. Big surprise.

Ease up tiger..... didnt see your selections??? Not such a big surprise at Spotty. We have a pretty good line up this year. An excellent bowling attack. And have strengthened in the batting. It is a long season but a good start thats for sure... funny game cricket...

Back