Senior Division 10/11

Re: Senior Division 10/11

I would think that if they get uploaded onto MyCricket then they are the final version.

Believe me, it is no quick process to manually enter fixtures on MyCricket and then have to change them all over again, so they should be the real McCoy's.
I spent two days last week entering 15-16 senior and junior grades and knockout comps into MyCricket for my comp and you wouldn't add them in unless you were convince that they would not be drastically altered.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;404852 said:
Looks like there's some fixtures up at the moment not sure how final they are

Interesting fixture. Just saw it and I find it wierd that we will play the last 2 rounds as one dayers. One day game into sat/sun semi final. Not the ideal preperation, but it is the same for all teams. We have to go to mckinnon and then sth caulfield. 4 weeks of bus trips. The Mrs won't be happy and a few of the boys could chuck on few Kg's.;)

Bakes 2010;404870 said:
Interesting fixture. Just saw it and I find it wierd that we will play the last 2 rounds as one dayers. One day game into sat/sun semi final. Not the ideal preperation, but it is the same for all teams. We have to go to mckinnon and then sth caulfield. 4 weeks of bus trips. The Mrs won't be happy and a few of the boys could chuck on few Kg's.;)

Not to mention all the fines that are handed out?:p
Good preparation for sloggers like you to get your eye in:D

century scorer;404873 said:
Not to mention all the fines that are handed out?:p
Good preparation for sloggers like you to get your eye in:D

Sloggers like? AAhhhhhh. Dear old century scorer. I f you ever made a century indeed!!!!!! Come down and watch a game and u will see that we aren't the clubbers of old with sloggers and a few good bats. We actually have a game plan, unlike some of the old timers that still lay claim to the club!!!!! Get away from the bar and come and have a game and talk the walk that you keep on talking up!!!:cool:

Bakes 2010;404870 said:

kgs or kegs?? :p

Any news on Petroli has he picked a club yet? Im sure these club would want an answer soon who dose he think he is gary ablett? I heard he got offered the 4ths coach a y.c.c.c and he turned his nose at it Petroli getting to big for his boots... thinks he is better than what he is..

bronca;408939 said:
Any news on Petroli has he picked a club yet? Im sure these club would want an answer soon who dose he think he is gary ablett? I heard he got offered the 4ths coach a y.c.c.c and he turned his nose at it Petroli getting to big for his boots... thinks he is better than what he is..

you should know Bronc, being a mate an all. Heard a rumour he is going to captain Y.C.W. for three dozen pies every saturday.:D

Dingo_Jones;409193 said:
you should know Bronc, being a mate an all. Heard a rumour he is going to captain Y.C.W. for three dozen pies every saturday.:D

Rumour incorrect has told me that he is C/C of some mob called Druids funny name that.Can confirm that Dean and my lovely daughter will be appearing in the next series of farmer wants a husband.

So any thoughts on the actual cricket or is it far too early with rain washing away another day?
My quick summary -
Airport pick up Kelly who had his best year last year, probably a direct swap (+100 runs) for Magafas and adds depth to the batting. No reason why they cant finish top 4 again.
Bentleigh pick up a couple of PNG guns, retain Roach and Street and should play finals with a strong squad and a couple of returns from injury.
The exodus continues at Keilor with Hutchison and McKay gone and Porter opting to follow Hillas to the ECA. A couple of overseas recruits that is the bare minimum in Senior so they may struggle, though never discount them as they have been such a successful club.
Willy CY prove an interesting one, have lost Kelly but pick up Blanchett who was an A Grader at Doutta in Senior a few years back. Will need early wins to cement a spot and likely to finish mid table.
Yarraville Club will play off in the finals again with minimal losses or gains but a stable leadership in Bronca and Baker. Look for a big season from Cristafaro who hasn't really shone in his time yet.
St Bernards tailed off after a great start and will need big outputs from their new recruits. Another mid table barring any suprises. Osborne to continue to take big wickets.
Old Essendon don't look anything special but always pull out a few sneaky wins. The skipper has been replaced with Kapila who has to continue the fine progress he made last year. Linley is back but needs to match his reputation (just 3 five for's in 2 and a half seasons). If they haven't picked up any new Grammar recruits then they may look at a low table finish.
McKinnon to be the dark horse as they proved last year. Hall was freakish but had little to no support. They pick up Dale and Streker from Casey who should help their depth and have a few other pick ups. Fair to say it can't be left to Hall to again have a Paxino year.
South Caulfield. The loss of Russell is huge and should see South miss the finals for just the second time in 6 years. They have picked up a few Poms like they do every year and if one can have a good year they should push anywhere from 6-9.
Spotty were rumoured to have picked up Hildreth from County Cricket where he had an enourmous year however looks like he's not coming. Don't know a lot about them and there's only one pom on their clearance page however they dont need one for the returning Sharma who should terrorise opening bowlers again.
Royal Park will again rely on Contessa who has just been a tower of strength for them. Picked up their usual 5 or 6 overseas recruits living in the area as well as Zain Khan from Airport West who had a break out year with them.
Greenvale are the new kids on the block completing a phenomenal rise from North B. Led by the gun Dale McDonald and fellow batsmen Inness and Courts they won't be out of their depth in Senior. Presuming they have kept the same squad and the additions from North Melbourne add some depth its hard to see them not pushing the top 4.

So my ladder prediction
Yarraville
Bentleigh
Airport West
Greenvale
Spotswood
St Bernards
Royal Park
McKinnon
South Caulfield
Keilor
Willy CY
Old Essendon

Top Four write themselves and you can pretty much throw a blanket over the remaining 8 who all have claims to be a couple of spots higher or lower.
Let's hope we can get on next week.

Here's my prediction.
Yarraville Club
Greenvale
Airport West
Bentleigh
-------------------
Old Essendon
McKinnon
Spotswood
South Caulfield
St Bernards
Royal Park
--------------------
Keilor
Willy CY's

Yep Keilor are dead...no Jodie Hutchinson and with that loud mouth babboon Mckay gone = a massive fall from GF contenders. OEG - let's not get too far ahead of their own expectations - they are no good - and they overachieved last year. That top 4 looks likely but how many times have you seen two promoted sides make the top 4 in their first season in senior? It would be surprising if BOTH made it to March.

Here's my prediction.
Yarraville Club
Greenvale
Airport West
Bentleigh
-------------------
Old Essendon
McKinnon
Spotswood
South Caulfield
St Bernards
Royal Park
--------------------
Keilor
Willy CY's

yer, not sure about OEG and McKinnon being so high, especially McKinnon, would have thought they would be close to relegation this year. put RPB at 5-6 along with Bernards, and McKinnon down to 2nd last and and take Willy out of the bottom 2. keilor to finish bottom.
Is their any side who could be a roughy to make the top 4?

Yep Keilor are dead...no Jodie Hutchinson and with that loud mouth babboon Mckay gone = a massive fall from GF contenders. OEG - let's not get too far ahead of their own expectations - they are no good - and they overachieved last year. That top 4 looks likely but how many times have you seen two promoted sides make the top 4 in their first season in senior? It would be surprising if BOTH made it to March.
Top 4 looks a certainty. Yarraville Club to dominate again. Greenvale will be very competitive, good depth and have some standout players in McDonald and Innes. Airport West still a big chance. Don't know much about Bentleigh but people are saying they'll do alright. Apart from that, it's anyones guess. OEG the dark horse I think, finished well last season, fairly balanced team and linley i reckon will have a good season. All the other teams rely on too little players I think. South are gone, Russell is a huge loss. Spotty...not sure if they've got that county import so i put them mid-table. McKinnon will be around the mark. Will heavily rely on Hall of course but he'll have another good season. Was probably a bit unfair on royal park but only just missed relegation last year, again rely on Contessa. Can't see Willy avoiding relegation, lost Kelly over the off-season, the only thing that might save them is their ground. Keilor are going to struggle, simply put. St.Bernards again probably a bit unfair, but gotta finish somewhere.

Back