Senior Division 10/11

A great game of cricket where nobody deserved to lose. I believe Roach had to go to the toilet and came straight back out. Whatever people think of Roach you would have to feel for him after his great ton and then he drops a simple chance, anyone would be devestated by that. What a great advertisement for four day finals, Senior, South and South A all went down to the wire. Just imagine if they were two days, all divisions would have been decided by rain last week. The CMCA final was over by 2pm on day two with only 130 runs on day one on a hard wicket.
Congrats must go to Murrumbeena for their hosting of the final and for serving up one of the best decks ever. The only problem was that the beer wasn't cold enough.

nobody deserved to lose? the captain coach(with keepers gloves on) dropped a sitter with 1 wicket needed for the premiership!! he didnt deserve to win! on top of the other dropped catches throughout the day, bentleigh didnt deserve it what so ever! ra ra ra southern, get back to sth caulfield and concentrate on making another semi next year!

S

so you know what his teamates were thinking and no doubt you wern't there

doesnt matter what his team mates were thinking, he cost his team the game and then stormed off the ground and knocked back calls from some yarraville players for a handshake. if someone did give him a mouthful from over the fence, it was well deserved!

I must admit that what has been posted on here about Roach has been of some concern. I was hoping to get to the final day, but was too knackered to drive 120 km, at 2.15 PM, from the game I was scoring in South Gippsland. If it's of any interest, I'll attempt to obtain a Bentleigh view of what happened on the day. Not trying to justify what may have occured, but I think it would only be fair to hear both sides of the story, from those who might be best-placed to know. Obviously, this would not be a subject to broach just now. (See what I've done here?):)

Because I have respect for this board, I'll attempt to give any info. I can. Also, I think it incumbent upon me to address accusations of bad sportsmanship directed at a club with which I've been involved for the past 43 years.

Despite the stunning accomplishment by YC to win yet another GF, they should jettison the drunken clown who ruins games of cricket. They can make up the lost subs elsewhere, in all probability, over their bar.

the "drunken clown" you are talking about is actually 2 different people you muppet! if u had of been there you would have seen this! id suggest you voice your opinions about our supporters to their face and not with your keyboard courage over big cricket!! im not sure what happened at sth caulfield, but roach deserved evrything he got from over the fence on the weekend after his poor display of sportsmanship!!

doesnt matter what his team mates were thinking, he cost his team the game and then stormed off the ground and knocked back calls from some yarraville players for a handshake. if someone did give him a mouthful from over the fence, it was well deserved!

He cost his team ! he made 117 no you goose

he acted disgracefully. no more no less, from a so called professional who has played at one of the highest points possible. i guess they dont teach being humble in the higher levels of cricket.

he actually got 125? and yes its quiet obvious he cost his team the premiership you muppet! if he had of caught that simple chance, bentleigh would have been premiers

You should give Ch 9 a call with special insights like that. They could use your obvious talents in next summer's coverage.... Fair to say Roach wouldn't have been in the position to "cost" Bentleigh the flag had it not been for his fairly significant contribution earlier with the bat. You're forgetting too that he must have been on-field for almost the entire length of the match - fatigue/concentration lapse may have played played a role?

the "drunken clown" you are talking about is actually 2 different people you muppet! if u had of been there you would have seen this! id suggest you voice your opinions about our supporters to their face and not with your keyboard courage over big cricket!! im not sure what happened at sth caulfield, but roach deserved evrything he got from over the fence on the weekend after his poor display of sportsmanship!!

It would appear there are a multitude of imbeciles associated with this club.

It would appear there are a multitude of imbeciles associated with this club.

I wouldn't put them all under that banner, their players, exec and 99% of their supporters were great and humble. Don't worry about scum like the person posting as Bronca, as the real one should still be pissed.

You should give Ch 9 a call with special insights like that. They could use your obvious talents in next summer's coverage.... Fair to say Roach wouldn't have been in the position to "cost" Bentleigh the flag had it not been for his fairly significant contribution earlier with the bat. You're forgetting too that he must have been on-field for almost the entire length of the match - fatigue/concentration lapse may have played played a role?

Good post SS, there were other dropped catches before that, Ion had three chances and took advantages of them all with a classy innings.
There is no need for any shit from this game, as it showed how good this comp is.

I wouldn't put them all under that banner, their players, exec and 99% of their supporters were great and humble. Don't worry about scum like the person posting as Bronca, as the real one should still be pissed.

i played there for years they are a great bunch of people they just like to take the mickey dont take them too serious southern and yes buckets would be in good spirits somewhere now

ra ra ra ch.9 give me a spell! you have your opinion and i have mine, build a bridge and get over it! he obviously had a great game overall no doubt but his drop catch was the difference at the end of the day. There were plenty of other chances but that was the match winner.

scum ha ha ha! give me a spell! cant you do better than that? go crawl back into that hole you crawled out of you clown!

As Southern Son says, without 117 from Roach, not to mention his direct hit run out to grab the 9th wicket, Bentleigh aren't even in the game.

I was there, and I only heard [it was hard not to] one Yarraville Club goose yelling abuse at Roach, grey haired git with the big guts, blue shirt with light horizontal strips. Whether Roach had to go to the toilet [which I believe is correct] or not, the idiot yelling at him from the safety of 60 metres was gutless [ironic I know]. What's wrong with celebrating with your team and leaving the runners up to please themselves.

All 5 dropped chances and a clear caught behind not given cost Bentleigh, not just the catch put down by Roach at the end.

As Southern Son says, without 117 from Roach, not to mention his direct hit run out to grab the 9th wicket, Bentleigh aren't even in the game.

I was there, and I only heard [it was hard not to] one Yarraville Club goose yelling abuse at Roach, grey haired git with the big guts, blue shirt with light horizontal strips. Whether Roach had to go to the toilet [which I believe is correct] or not, the idiot yelling at him from the safety of 60 metres was gutless [ironic I know]. What's wrong with celebrating with your team and leaving the runners up to please themselves.

All 5 dropped chances and a clear caught behind not given cost Bentleigh, not just the catch put down by Roach at the end.

and that just about sums it up

Some interesting takes on the game SF & GF games here....so here's some personal input from watching 6 days of cricket combined....

SF - SC V YCCC - yes there were plenty of supporters from both clubs putting their 2 bob in. The bloke from YCCC was tame compared to some of the SC blokes (3 nuffies) hanging near the canteen hanging it on every YCCC passer by. The got their right whack. Also special mention to the 6 SC players who got rattled by a bloke on the fence laughing because the team went up for an LBW appeal which were similar to some of Kamral Akmal's appeals when hawkeye shows the ball missing by 2 sets of stump widths......the game is on the ground boys if you can't focus on that, you wont get past a SF game.

GF - BENT V YCCC - a great game of cricket btw the 2 best sides in the comp. Roach kept Bentleigh in game with a very good ton. YCCC batting and batting of lower order crucial to win. The dropped catches by Bentleigh did not help their cause with many comments being levelled at Roach as it was in the final stages of the game. Several Bentleigh players dropped catches however with 26 runs to get for the last pair of YCCC batsmen, for them to stick around was a great effort. I did find Roach's quick exit after the game strange, however i was standing near YCCC players and several of the boys made their way over to him as he ran off, he shook 1 hand (Col Smart) and kept running even though other blokes called out. Reasons aside for the quick exit, i found his inability to even get up and say a few words on behalf of fis team and club ordinary except when he got the man of the match award. I think thats what needs to be remebered here - he had the chance to get up on behalf of his club and he didnt do it. That was poor.

Some interesting takes on the game SF & GF games here....so here's some personal input from watching 6 days of cricket combined....

SF - SC V YCCC - yes there were plenty of supporters from both clubs putting their 2 bob in. The bloke from YCCC was tame compared to some of the SC blokes (3 nuffies) hanging near the canteen hanging it on every YCCC passer by. The got their right whack. Also special mention to the 6 SC players who got rattled by a bloke on the fence laughing because the team went up for an LBW appeal which were similar to some of Kamral Akmal's appeals when hawkeye shows the ball missing by 2 sets of stump widths......the game is on the ground boys if you can't focus on that, you wont get past a SF game.

GF - BENT V YCCC - a great game of cricket btw the 2 best sides in the comp. Roach kept Bentleigh in game with a very good ton. YCCC batting and batting of lower order crucial to win. The dropped catches by Bentleigh did not help their cause with many comments being levelled at Roach as it was in the final stages of the game. Several Bentleigh players dropped catches however with 26 runs to get for the last pair of YCCC batsmen, for them to stick around was a great effort. I did find Roach's quick exit after the game strange, however i was standing near YCCC players and several of the boys made their way over to him as he ran off, he shook 1 hand (Col Smart) and kept running even though other blokes called out. Reasons aside for the quick exit, i found his inability to even get up and say a few words on behalf of fis team and club ordinary except when he got the man of the match award. I think thats what needs to be remebered here - he had the chance to get up on behalf of his club and he didnt do it. That was poor.

you were at a different semi to myself

Back