Senior Division 10/11

you were at a different semi to myself
No No...i was there for 2 days and its a bit of the "pot calling the kettle black"syndrome if you think 1 club was playing up...both the things i said happened, i saw it with my own eyes as did other people. To buy some food and drink at the SCCC canteen and then cop it from 3 SCCC blokes (1 with a big gut, moustache and SCCC shirt), who thought he was amusing but wasnt, was hard to work out.

We will agree to disagree sledge but don't be so naive not to think some of the crew at SCCC weren't acting like D@#$!@!@ either....

At the end of the day SCCC were beaten by a better team and the eventual premiers.

Ok i have been reading all week and i cant believe the crap thats been writen on here . southern sledge and northern super star , all i can say is you two are absolute gooses or geese if you prefer . I dont follow either club and i was there for all four days of the grand final and the yccc v sth caulfield games . its as simple as this roach is a spoilt brat for the way he handled himself directly after the game and bentleigh would have every right to sack him . then to say he needed to go to the toilet is nothing but embarrasing for him and him only . One did thing i did notice was you guys on here who were bagging the two yccc guys for being big mouths (as you put it ) where were you on the day to shut them up , no where to be seen but you will get on here and have your say . typical , thats why you guys have lost that many semi finals in a row.im not defending what they done but this is low even for you guys . not real brave i say .

You are t
Ok i have been reading all week and i cant believe the crap thats been writen on here . southern sledge and northern super star , all i can say is you two are absolute gooses or geese if you prefer . I dont follow either club and i was there for all four days of the grand final and the yccc v sth caulfield games . its as simple as this roach is a spoilt brat for the way he handled himself directly after the game and bentleigh would have every right to sack him . then to say he needed to go to the toilet is nothing but embarrasing for him and him only . One did thing i did notice was you guys on here who were bagging the two yccc guys for being big mouths (as you put it ) where were you on the day to shut them up , no where to be seen but you will get on here and have your say . typical , thats why you guys have lost that many semi finals in a row.im not defending what they done but this is low even for you guys . not real brave i say .

Whos lost so many semi's, you wouldn't even know

Ok, a few things need to be said here. First of all, a great game of cricket between two great teams. There is no denying the quality of Yarraville and having won three in a row proves that. Secondly, I don't think anyone picked Bentleigh to be playing in the Senior Division final in their first year back, so I think that must also be recognised.

I too was there for all four days, and the Yarraville guys who actually played in the game, were great sports and played the game well. Yes it was a pitty that there were one or two of their supporters who were out of order, but unfortunatley you are always going to get that.

Bentleigh did not "throw" away the game, they just didn't take their chances until it was too late. Infact, they made a game of it and took it to the wire. It's easy to say the catches they dropped cost them the game, and that may be true, but I saw some decisions that were pretty bad (including the alleged catch to get Street out and the caught behind not given that had Ion out for less than 10). Perhaps they too cost them the game. And please don't suggest for one minute that highlighting those decisions is sour grapes, it is simply bringing another angle into the discussion. Oh and by the way, the caught behind off Ion early on, was very much out - unfortuantely, the better of the two umpires just happended to be at square leg, and he heard it!

And for all you people on here bagging Roach for the dropped catch, I'd suggest you saw nothing of his 4 days play. Having batted for three days, then to go and keep, he was on the field for more than 200 overs. I will tell you now that the only reason Bentleigh were in the game was because of him.

I imagine that most of the posts on here are by guys who did not play in the game or so called spectators who don't want to appreciate the quality of the game.

Again, a great game and one that will be remembered and spoken about for years (for whatever reasons) but I hope for the right ones.

great summary lifemember...and lets not forget the umpires "no run out" call when roach was batting when he was out ......... :)

it was a great game of cricket, plenty of action and the so called "behaviour" from supporters was minimal compared to that dished up at the SCCC v YCCC SF.

Wow, rarely has a post been so long and made so few valid points. Not a bad effort.
But two things you say are particularly bizarre.

1. bentleigh would have every right to sack him -
I can just see Bentleigh saying "thanks Roachy, thanks for captaining us to a Senior Division Grand Final, making a ton that allowed us to compete in said match, being our best player for the last two seasons, but you spat the dummy a bit last week, so you're out!"

2. One did thing i did notice was you guys on here who were bagging the two yccc guys for being big mouths (as you put it ) where were you on the day to shut them up , no where to be seen but you will get on here and have your say. -
Are you serious? Possibly the dumbest suggestion I have heard in a long time. Mate, there were Bentleigh people there that wanted to impale the loud mouth idiot from YC with a stump, but wiser heads prevailed. Why would you suggest confrontation in a situation like that? What good could come of it? Was fat YC git going to say "yeah, sorry boys, my bad, thanks for pointing out the error of my ways, I'll apologise to Roach and his team straight away." Of course not. A bigger arguement that could well have turned physical may have eventuated. You might think so, but I doubt very much any good could have come from trying to "shut them up" on the day.

And I can clear another chapter of this story up. I was told last night by someone who was actually in the rooms at that last drinks break that all Peter Roach did was take a piss, ask how Bentleighs Seconds were going in their GF against McKinnon, and head back out. There were no tantrums, explosions or "letting loose" and didn't "spat it in the rooms" as reported by Impartial Onlooker.

Kind regards
Goose

Wow, rarely has a post been so long and made so few valid points. Not a bad effort.
But two things you say are particularly bizarre.

1. bentleigh would have every right to sack him -
I can just see Bentleigh saying "thanks Roachy, thanks for captaining us to a Senior Division Grand Final, making a ton that allowed us to compete in said match, being our best player for the last two seasons, but you spat the dummy a bit last week, so you're out!"

2. One did thing i did notice was you guys on here who were bagging the two yccc guys for being big mouths (as you put it ) where were you on the day to shut them up , no where to be seen but you will get on here and have your say. -
Are you serious? Possibly the dumbest suggestion I have heard in a long time. Mate, there were Bentleigh people there that wanted to impale the loud mouth idiot from YC with a stump, but wiser heads prevailed. Why would you suggest confrontation in a situation like that? What good could come of it? Was fat YC git going to say "yeah, sorry boys, my bad, thanks for pointing out the error of my ways, I'll apologise to Roach and his team straight away." Of course not. A bigger arguement that could well have turned physical may have eventuated. You might think so, but I doubt very much any good could have come from trying to "shut them up" on the day.

And I can clear another chapter of this story up. I was told last night by someone who was actually in the rooms at that last drinks break that all Peter Roach did was take a piss, ask how Bentleighs Seconds were going in their GF against McKinnon, and head back out. There were no tantrums, explosions or "letting loose" and didn't "spat it in the rooms" as reported by Impartial Onlooker.

Kind regards
Goose

Hey Goose,

I was sitting in the scorers box on the weekend and can confirm what sounded like swearing and equipment throwing coming from the rooms below. Cannot confirm it was Roach but there certainly was a tantrum by someone, or a really painful piss break.

Cheers!

Hey Goose,

I was sitting in the scorers box on the weekend and can confirm what sounded like swearing and equipment throwing coming from the rooms below. Cannot confirm it was Roach but there certainly was a tantrum by someone, or a really painful piss break.

Cheers!
Maybe got stage fright Scorer? lol :p some funny stories coming out of this game....people said this...people said that........classic stuff!

YCCC wins thats all i care about.

great summary lifemember...and lets not forget the umpires "no run out" call when roach was batting when he was out ......... :)

it was a great game of cricket, plenty of action and the so called "behaviour" from supporters was minimal compared to that dished up at the SCCC v YCCC SF.

As someone who was there at the semi and watching from behind the wicket the only loudmouths i heard were the fat goose and a bald South thirds player when he got there after his game on day 2.

Hey Goose,

Cheers!

So you can't confirm it was Roach? Fine.

My source was in the rooms and confirmed Roach didn't throw any tantrum.

Cheers!

I can absoloutley gurantee and confirm that at the drinks break all Roach did was go the loo and ask how Bentleigh's Seconds were doing. There was no tantrum.

And as for you Who Wet The Wicket, I would concentrate on trying to repair the rabble that is your club before offering your opinion on what other clubs should or should not do.

I think the VTCA will look at this final and shelve any idea of toying with the 4 day grand final.

No No...i was there for 2 days and its a bit of the "pot calling the kettle black"syndrome if you think 1 club was playing up...both the things i said happened, i saw it with my own eyes as did other people. To buy some food and drink at the SCCC canteen and then cop it from 3 SCCC blokes (1 with a big gut, moustache and SCCC shirt), who thought he was amusing but wasnt, was hard to work out.

We will agree to disagree sledge but don't be so naive not to think some of the crew at SCCC weren't acting like D@#$!@!@ either....

At the end of the day SCCC were beaten by a better team and the eventual premiers.

Did a bit of research on this as my club when it has played finals there has never had a problem and it appears the one with the mo and big gut has recently moved from Hoppers and hates YCCC. Apparently when one of the YC players went out and was walking past the canteen he commented what a shit shot to the poor ************ and thats not on.

Did a bit of research on this as my club when it has played finals there has never had a problem and it appears the one with the mo and big gut has recently moved from Hoppers and hates YCCC. Apparently when one of the YC players went out and was walking past the canteen he commented what a shit shot to the poor ************ and thats not on.
there was a bit more to it than that....unprovoked but hey you can't put brains in monuments can you?

great post - couldnt have said it any better!! that was the worst sportsmanship that i have ever seen and did someone say he played for victoria at some stage? he should be ashamed of himself as im sure his team mates would have been! Only came out to accept his best in final medal otherwise he wasnt gonna come out of the rooms at all. $hite way to finish a great game of cricket!

Ease up bronca, dont get the anyone talking about sportsmanship......isnt yarraville the essendon fc of the vtca? Every year breaching the salary cap and everyone knowing it but unfortunately only 1 set of books showing up instead of both sets that the club records!

Yarravilles bullsh*t player payments in recent years whilst every other club obeyed the constitution is the reason the points cap as introduced!!
this year is probably the only flag they have earnt on merit not cash.

Isnt it funny how a bloke who busted his balls for his club and team with minimal help by the sounds of it cant show any emotion without being called a 'sook'.

Last round 2 years ago at boss james a few of us lads on the frothies having a good time, baker screws up, gets out, gets heckled then threatens to punch blokes in the head while walking off the ground, yells and screams in the rooms is acceptable is it?

i'd rathher bentleighs style of sportsmanship, atleast roachy had the decency to vent his frustrations behind closed doors.

:confused:
Ease up bronca, dont get the anyone talking about sportsmanship......isnt yarraville the essendon fc of the vtca? Every year breaching the salary cap and everyone knowing it but unfortunately only 1 set of books showing up instead of both sets that the club records!

Yarravilles bullsh*t player payments in recent years whilst every other club obeyed the constitution is the reason the points cap as introduced!!
this year is probably the only flag they have earnt on merit not cash.

Isnt it funny how a bloke who busted his balls for his club and team with minimal help by the sounds of it cant show any emotion without being called a 'sook'.

Last round 2 years ago at boss james a few of us lads on the frothies having a good time, baker screws up, gets out, gets heckled then threatens to punch blokes in the head while walking off the ground, yells and screams in the rooms is acceptable is it?

i'd rathher bentleighs style of sportsmanship, atleast roachy had the decency to vent his frustrations behind closed doors.

Sounds like a job for Vic Police to investigate all the goings on the last month ,alot of bullshit being spoken on here the real winner was the GAME of Cricket and we should be promoting that and the VTCA brand not throwing Cow dung at each other behind a computer.

Kenny davis your proberly the biggest tosser on here mate what a joke . 2 things champ, one is bakes would never have threatened to punch anyone in the head because he is not like that and couldnt fight to save his life . my god have you not seen his head it needs regular panel beating . secondly you say you would prefer bentleighs style of sportsmanship good on you legend you can also drink there style of beer RUNNERS UP . rarararararararararararararararararararara spruik . by the way if you want yarraville clubs sucsess work hard at it dont just sit there whinging and making excuses , it only makes you and the rest of your chronies sound like dead set bunch of sooks .

Back