Seymour & District Cricket Association

Re: Hi all anyone in Seymour & district cricket Association

I'm not really for the 20/20 concept I like the game but for us they have just been to tough - we only have the 2 sides and no juniors and alot of our players are travelling from Melbourne just to play B or C Grade and don't want to stay/come back up for the Sunday game. And most of the younger guys we have playing are involved in the juniors on the Sunday, whilst during the week we have no chance of getting a side with work and other commitments.
I think it's a good idea though and the teams that have all 3 sides and juniors can obviously field sides pretty easily. But if we have a choice next year it's probably something we wouldn't look at playing.

It's good to see that the thread now has a proper title.

Did anyone else happen to read today's Seymour Telegraph? I thought it was really good to be honest, pretty good match write-ups, and for the first time this year they got all the names right, even down to the first names of little-known C-Graders.

I suppose it's that time of year, we're 5 rounds in. How about we try to get some end of season predictions (in A-Grade, otherwise it becomes a little too open):

- Premiers
Avenel
- Wooden Spoon
Broadford
- Most Runs
Paul Arandt / Marcus Hill / Mic Enrico
- Most Wickets
? ? ?
- Best Young Player (U/18)
Willie Wheeler / Blake Coyle
- All-Rounder of the Year
Shaun Pearce
- Best Wicket/Ground
Yea

Rampant;376069 said:
I suppose it's that time of year, we're 5 rounds in. How about we try to get some end of season predictions (in A-Grade, otherwise it becomes a little too open):

- Premiers
Avenel
- Wooden Spoon
Broadford
- Most Runs
Paul Arandt / Marcus Hill / Mic Enrico
- Most Wickets
? ? ?
- Best Young Player (U/18)
Willie Wheeler / Blake Coyle
- All-Rounder of the Year
Shaun Pearce
- Best Wicket/Ground
Yea[/QUOTE

GF: Kilmore vs Avenal

Wooden Spoon: Seymour

Most Runs: Paul Arandt/ Sean Pierce/ Lachlan Watts

Most Wickets: Matt Wilkins or Nicholls (Alex)

Best Young Player: Coyle (kid can bowl)

All rounder: Pierce/ Rod McLeod

Best Ground: Kilmore by a country mile ;)

Best Wicket: at this stage of the yr only played at Kings Park away so hard to comment

Sheafie, I think you'll find that the Yea ground has really picked up, both the wicket and the outfield are magnificent. Also, the Alexandra ground has picked up a lot.

And unlike the Kilmore pitch, the Yea pitch actually bounces. ;)

Re: Seymour & District Cricket Association

GF: Avenal V Tallarook (Kilmore 3rd, EHill 4th)

Wooden Spoon: Broadford

Most Runs: Paul Arandt or Rod McLeod

Most Wickets: Joey Tarran or Paul Dowling

Best Young Player: Coyle (U18) Pup Evans (U21)

All rounder: Pearce/McLeod/Tarran

Best Ground: ??

Best Wicket: ??

Results

Round 6 (Day One)

A-Grade

Eastern Hill 0/3 vs. Avenel 192
Broadford 101 vs. Tallarook 9/98

B-Grade

Tallarook 226 vs. Broadford
Kilmore 6/61 vs. Avenel 115
Eastern Hill 5/10 vs. Nagambie 308
Seymour 210 vs. Royals

C-Grade

Kilmore 0/74 def. Alexandra 72
Tallarook 6/220 def. Puckapunyal Nomads 89
Thornton 210 def. Broadford Black 85
Puckapunyal Wanderers 160 def. Eastern Hill 151

Rampant;376757 said:
Results

Round 6 (Day One)

A-Grade

Eastern Hill 0/3 vs. Avenel 192
Broadford 101 vs. Tallarook 9/98

B-Grade

Tallarook 226 vs. Broadford
Kilmore 6/61 vs. Avenel 115
Eastern Hill 5/10 vs. Nagambie 308
Seymour 210 vs. Royals

C-Grade

Kilmore 0/74 def. Alexandra 72
Tallarook 6/220 def. Puckapunyal Nomads 89
Thornton 210 def. Broadford Black 85
Puckapunyal Wanderers 160 def. Eastern Hill 151

i managed to get across to Pyalong to watch Pyalong vs Royals C Grade who got pumbelled by Pyalong. Pyalong batted first and got off to a flying start with Daniel Zoch making 50 in about 30 balls and going out for 66, sterling the other opener took until after drinks to start going for it but eventually made a 50 and continued to make a good 77. one other batsmen made a half century. in the last over A.Thompson managed to hit 3 sixes then gave young Mitch (not sure on last name) the strike for the last ball (and his 1st ball) and he also managed to smash it over the boundary for 6. The batting was terrific by Pyalong but the bowling was very ordinary. S.McGahey had the tidiest figures managing 0-25 off 8 with 3 maidens. S.Wilson got 2 wickets but was smashed around for 71 off 8. Royals were all out for 102. Not a good result for us but a good percentage and confidence boost for Pyalong.

Rampant;376442 said:
Sheafie, I think you'll find that the Yea ground has really picked up, both the wicket and the outfield are magnificent. Also, the Alexandra ground has picked up a lot.

And unlike the Kilmore pitch, the Yea pitch actually bounces. ;)

Ooh harsh rampant...but can t comment on Yea's as haven t played there yet...but i reckon Kilmore's wicket has been pretty consistent this yr compared to previous yrs...and played at Alex on Saturday...the pitch was terrible (more due to light showers in and out during the day than anything else i think) and the infield was thick ankle high grass...scoring was very very tricky more due to conditions than bowling although Nicholls bowled exceptionally well must be said

so whats everyones picks for the last day for this round? with the weather being the way it is i rekon there may be a couple of washouts.
A GRADE
Eastern Hill to get over Avenel due to lack of bowling options for the swans
Tallarook to hold off the Broadford bowling attack
B GRADE
Tallarook to beat Broadford
Kilmore to finish strongly over Avenel
Nagambie to thrash the Hill
and im hoping that Royals can stand up and defeat Seymour.

Not sure who is playing who in C grade. hopefully the rain holds off and we get some good games and results :)

TEDFNC;376803 said:
Saw the last bit of the Alex v Kilmore

Kilmore 142 v Alex 1/9
From what I have been told Kilmore won.Bowled Alex out for 80 odd.
Mr Trav Blackwell got 8 wickets. Failing to claim only the first and last wicket.
Kilmores B grade won as well went on to make 151,before declaring and having Avenel 5/30 in reply.:eek:

Results

Round 6 (Day Two)

A-Grade

Broadford 101 & 100 def. Tallarook 99 & 49
Kilmore 142 & 1/22 def. Alexandra 74
Avenel 192 def. Eastern Hill 142
Yea Tigers def. Seymour

B-Grade

Tallarook 228 def. Broadford 157
Nagambie 308 def. Eastern Hill 8/126 & 9/41
Royals 5/218 def. Seymour 210
Alexandra 204 vs. Yea Tigers ???

C-Grade

Thornton 8/95 def. Puckapunyal Nomads 92
Alexandra 8/240 def. Broadford Red 9/235
Avenel 5/128 def. Nagambie 122
Puckapunyal Wanderers 0/155 def. Seymour 6/144
Flowerdale 125 def. Broadford Black 94

Rampant;377637 said:
Results

Round 6 (Day Two)

A-Grade

Broadford 101 & 100 def. Tallarook 99 & 49
Kilmore 142 & 1/22 def. Alexandra 74
Avenel 192 def. Eastern Hill 142
Yea Tigers def. Seymour

B-Grade

Tallarook 228 def. Broadford 157
Nagambie 308 def. Eastern Hill 8/126 & 9/41
Royals 5/218 def. Seymour 210
Alexandra 204 vs. Yea Tigers ???

C-Grade

Thornton 8/95 def. Puckapunyal Nomads 92
Alexandra 8/240 def. Broadford Red 9/235
Avenel 5/128 def. Nagambie 122
Puckapunyal Wanderers 0/155 def. Seymour 6/144
Flowerdale 125 def. Broadford Black 94

Royals 102 lost to Eastern Hill 2/103

So after 6 rounds does anyone have any insight to how things are going to wind up towards the end of the season? Who will take out the one day comp? And can we pencil in a Avenel - Kilmore grand final in the 2 day event. Or is that too early to call?
Does anyone have calls for B's and C's?

rayt74;377866 said:
So after 6 rounds does anyone have any insight to how things are going to wind up towards the end of the season? Who will take out the one day comp? And can we pencil in a Avenel - Kilmore grand final in the 2 day event. Or is that too early to call?
Does anyone have calls for B's and C's?

I think that it will be an Avenel vs Kilmore final in the A's
In the B's i think nagambie and tallarook
and the C's i rekon Pyalong and the pucka wanderers with tough competition from Alex and Avenel...

I could be far from right but this is just my guess so far

Taz89;378030 said:
I think that it will be an Avenel vs Kilmore final in the A's

Dont rule out thornton. Though im biased, i think we have the team to take it out or go very close. Parker first game 88 and 5/30, m currie 18 wickets already. dave evans never in bad form. Beat kilmore reasonably comfortably. Batting line up that goes down to 8. Though with nagambie this week you should probably ask me on monday!

Cakehole;378217 said:

Dont rule out thornton. Though im biased, i think we have the team to take it out or go very close. Parker first game 88 and 5/30, m currie 18 wickets already. dave evans never in bad form. Beat kilmore reasonably comfortably. Batting line up that goes down to 8. Though with nagambie this week you should probably ask me on monday!

no offence mate but it wasnt comfortably.. pretty lucky.. currie bowled pretty well to the top order and got 5.. that bloke who made 80 odd was still french cutting at the end... i think you are a reasonable team just lucky that day.. i think you shouldnt rule out kilmore either.. beat nagambie pretty easily from what im told..

I think the B Grade is very open with 5 teams all thereabouts at the moment. Remember last year that sides 2nd to 7th on the ladder all finished within 1 game of each other and the finals were full of surprises with Nagambie almost out the first week against Kilmore and eventually losing to Tallarook who had just scraped past Broadford.
Alex, Nagambie, Thornton, Kilmore and Tallarook have put a bit of a gap on the others on the ladder and look like the teams to fight it out

C Grade - Pyalong and one of the pucka sides look to be going very nicely

A Grade - Looks pretty obvious at the moment Avenel and Kilmore

A-Grade: Avenal v Kilmore...

However i wouldnt be too quick to rule out Tallarook, very hard to write off a team with Arandt, Watts (Jnr) and Tarran in there.
Alex should close out the top 4 with Hill, Nicholl, Whitehead in the batting lineup.
Also Kilmore seems to be the real deal and disciplined for a change, however if Blackwell doesnt fire with the ball, are they capable of bowling teams out?
Avenal obviously with 5 from the last 6 flags, not to mention the lineup including pearce, enrico, hinss, donovan x 2, willie wheeler etc.

B-Grade: Tallarook v Kilmore...

Kilmore has been knocked out past two seasons in the prelim, now with all those players remaining and getting older and more mature players, plus the added strength of the A-grade pushing out a few extra players, i would be suprised if they werent right up there this time.
Tallarook are reigning premiers and have had strong junior teams recently, whose memebers should be pushing up the ranks.

C-grade: Pyalong v Kilmore...

Kilmore has won 2 of the past 3 flags. Pyalong have players who are above the c-grade level. very strong team.
Pucka's only not here due to their lack of ability to field a regular team in past years.

Back