Seymour & District Cricket Association

Re: Seymour & District Cricket Association

JTron;378324 said:
A-Grade: Avenal v Kilmore...

However i wouldnt be too quick to rule out Tallarook, very hard to write off a team with Arandt, Watts (Jnr) and Tarran in there.
Alex should close out the top 4 with Hill, Nicholl, Whitehead in the batting lineup.
Also Kilmore seems to be the real deal and disciplined for a change, however if Blackwell doesnt fire with the ball, are they capable of bowling teams out?
Avenal obviously with 5 from the last 6 flags, not to mention the lineup including pearce, enrico, hinss, donovan x 2, willie wheeler etc.

B-Grade: Tallarook v Kilmore...

Kilmore has been knocked out past two seasons in the prelim, now with all those players remaining and getting older and more mature players, plus the added strength of the A-grade pushing out a few extra players, i would be suprised if they werent right up there this time.
Tallarook are reigning premiers and have had strong junior teams recently, whose memebers should be pushing up the ranks.

C-grade: Pyalong v Kilmore...

Kilmore has won 2 of the past 3 flags. Pyalong have players who are above the c-grade level. very strong team.
Pucka's only not here due to their lack of ability to field a regular team in past years.

I like those predictions on the whole JTron probably cos u ve got Kilmore in all 3 grades but we re still only half way with plenty of cricket to come, just curious with Tallarook tho because i still can understand how they managed to be bowled out for 40 in the 2nd innings against a struggling Broadford team with those names all present (correct me if i m wrong), plus when we played them with no Lachie Watts they looked fairly average, but ur right those names u ve given are all match winners, with Kilmore B grade i think u ve hit the nail on the head, even tho i was a part of those B grade teams the past 2 yrs its clear that this yr with the A's performing better than past yrs that some usual A grade players such as Marcus Davern, S. Walsh and Dave Heather are now having to put some good performances on the board in hope of getting a call up. I believe it will be Talla vs Kilmore in the granny because Nagambie are not as good as they are made out to be, last yr in the prelim and this yr again Kilmore have beaten them comprehensively (in case of last yr with 80 overs the game would of been a sure thing).
Anyway thats my opinion haha

cashy93;378257 said:
no offence mate but it wasnt comfortably.. pretty lucky.. currie bowled pretty well to the top order and got 5.. that bloke who made 80 odd was still french cutting at the end... i think you are a reasonable team just lucky that day..

To win a One dayer, chasing 170, and do it with near 10 overs to spare and 4 wickets isnt lucky, its a flogging. The only lucky part of the day was how youse managed to even get 170 after one stage being 5-50.

Sheafie;378377 said:
I like those predictions on the whole JTron probably cos u ve got Kilmore in all 3 grades but we re still only half way with plenty of cricket to come, just curious with Tallarook tho because i still can understand how they managed to be bowled out for 40 in the 2nd innings against a struggling Broadford team with those names all present (correct me if i m wrong), plus when we played them with no Lachie Watts they looked fairly average, but ur right those names u ve given are all match winners, with Kilmore B grade i think u ve hit the nail on the head, even tho i was a part of those B grade teams the past 2 yrs its clear that this yr with the A's performing better than past yrs that some usual A grade players such as Marcus Davern, S. Walsh and Dave Heather are now having to put some good performances on the board in hope of getting a call up. I believe it will be Talla vs Kilmore in the granny because Nagambie are not as good as they are made out to be, last yr in the prelim and this yr again Kilmore have beaten them comprehensively (in case of last yr with 80 overs the game would of been a sure thing).

Good to see a bit of brotherly support.

With Tallarook... I'm not sure. I heard they played nearly full strength, however Arandt was 'freakishly' dismissed from all accounts.
As a Kilmore Boy Sheath, its a big call to call them average when Tallarook has rolled Kilmore for <80 twice in the past two seasons; not to mention if Kilmore ever had a bogey side, it would be Tallarook. Particularly with Arandt in the Vic Country squad, come finals time he will have been facing much more and much better bowling and potentially be in great form; good luck to the bowlers in the SDCA come finals time.

Re: Seymour &amp; District Cricket Association

Tomemy;378446 said:
cashy93;378257 said:
no offence mate but it wasnt comfortably.. pretty lucky.. currie bowled pretty well to the top order and got 5.. that bloke who made 80 odd was still french cutting at the end... i think you are a reasonable team just lucky that day..

To win a One dayer, chasing 170, and do it with near 10 overs to spare and 4 wickets isnt lucky, its a flogging. The only lucky part of the day was how youse managed to even get 170 after one stage being 5-50.

.... Will be interesting to see who is there come March.:cool:

Sheafie;378377 said:

No exuses from the rook boys guys broadford bowled and feilded really well...the boys just thought with a 120 total to get and on current ladder form broadford not to be pushing for a top four spot going all out at the total was a option... but as they say we got our pants pulled down and brings us back to the rest of the pack... we have some work to do now

Big Ned;378492 said:
No exuses from the rook boys guys broadford bowled and feilded really well...the boys just thought with a 120 total to get and on current ladder form broadford not to be pushing for a top four spot going all out at the total was a option... but as they say we got our pants pulled down and brings us back to the rest of the pack... we have some work to do now
How many overs did Tallarook have to make the runs?

There are no sure things in life fellas...write teams off at your peril... nagambie keen to atone for last years loss...kilmore benefitting and preforming and going close in last years semi...alex in there third year wanting to have a big say...us from the rook wanting to defend our title and thornton clearly have improved from last year and dont worry there are a few blokes from the other teams that can take a game away from you if you take them to lightly... all that counts is at the end of the season...

I think you'll find in B-Grade this year that any of Avenel, Kilmore, Nagambie, Tallarook & Thornton could easily win it. I think everyone has forgotten that Alexandra are sitting comfortably on top the ladder however.

JTron;378447 said:
Good to see a bit of brotherly support.

With Tallarook... I'm not sure. I heard they played nearly full strength, however Arandt was 'freakishly' dismissed from all accounts.
As a Kilmore Boy Sheath, its a big call to call them average when Tallarook has rolled Kilmore for <80 twice in the past two seasons; not to mention if Kilmore ever had a bogey side, it would be Tallarook. Particularly with Arandt in the Vic Country squad, come finals time he will have been facing much more and much better bowling and potentially be in great form; good luck to the bowlers in the SDCA come finals time.

Haha i was just mentioning that last yr he played a fair bit on the A's probs more on the fact that they were trying to give some younger guys a go rather than talent wise, hes struggling this yr so thats good for me haha, and with the Rook i think we played them first game after xmas last yr and rolled them, only just, so i think the two teams of late have been a bit tit for tat. Paul Arrandt is a pretty handy player at anytime let alone finals

Big Ned and Rampant are spot on about the B Grade. As I said in an earlier post last year barring Nagambie on top there was a log jam of sides on the next 6 or so spots

Nagambie 75
Broadford 52
Tallarook 52
Kilmore 52
Avenel 51
Thornton 48
Royals 48
Alexandra 46

As we can see it was extremely close and I think is pretty open again this year with the top 5 (Alex,Thorn,Nag,Kilm,Tall) pulling away a bit but 1 of these sides will miss finals

TEDFNC;378572 said:
Big Ned and Rampant are spot on about the B Grade. As I said in an earlier post last year barring Nagambie on top there was a log jam of sides on the next 6 or so spots

Nagambie 75
Broadford 52
Tallarook 52
Kilmore 52
Avenel 51
Thornton 48
Royals 48
Alexandra 46

As we can see it was extremely close and I think is pretty open again this year with the top 5 (Alex,Thorn,Nag,Kilm,Tall) pulling away a bit but 1 of these sides will miss finals

hopefully the Royals can step up and make finals...its a shame that they used to be such a good side and now have been struggling the last 4 or 5 years. would be good to see us get up there though

Taz89;378578 said:
hopefully the Royals can step up and make finals...its a shame that they used to be such a good side and now have been struggling the last 4 or 5 years. would be good to see us get up there though

Royals were sitting pretty at 2nd on the ladder at xmas last yr then it seemed...whats happened since then...u had Nath Allum playing up til then last yr i guess?

Any results from the weekends play?

I know Seymour are in a good position for their first points of the season after knocking over Broadford for 129 and are 1/29 in reply.

A-Grade
Tallarook 6/193cc. vs. Avenel
Geoff Hateley 83*
Sam Watts 46*

B-Grade
Avenel 4/253 dec. vs Eastern Hill 1/10
Josh Aiken 50

Kilmore A's vs Yea...Kilmore won toss and batted first on a belter...got to 0/60 before S Heather knicked one to first slip 2nd last ball b4 drinks...after drinks lost 3 quick wickets to be 4/70 or so...Blacky came in and batted well with the other opener D Tassone til tea...shortly after Tassone was caught behind for 49...Blacky and Sowden put on about 40 odd before Sowden was run out on 24...Blacky got to 44 b4 bunting one back to the bowler...Wilkins came in at the end and made a valuable 29...finished all out for 220 after 65 overs...Watts did the most damage with 3 or 4 wickets...Clements with 2 i think not too sure about other wickets...Yea are 1 for 20 odd after about 8 overs...Mumfy grabbing the wicket...L Atkins n.o on 17

Kilmore B's also knocked off Tallarook, batting first made 185 in the 45th...C Brown 59, J Colliss 23, J Walton 21...G Hatley with 3 for 17 i think, Kilmore knocked Tallarook over for around 120 i think with Hatley making 23 and B Williams 20 odd down the order...disappointing for Kilmore B graders being deprived of a chance for the two dayer because Tallarook were gonna be struggling for players the following Sunday...poor form SDCA on this one...good chance for Kilmore to push for an outright and the league scedules a one dayer to suit the needs of Tallarook rather than a fair 2 day fixture

Thornton B Grade made 8/247 cc against Nagambie on Saturday with David Evans making a very good 122.

C Grade came up against powerhouse Pyalong and went pretty well. Pyalong knocked up 250 odd and in reply Thronton finished on 8/173 so not too bad an effort against a very strong side

Pretty sure Alex made around 270 ish agains Eastern Hill in the A Grade while their B Grade continue their good form they had Broadford out for 100 odd and are 2/90 in reply

Sheafie;378661 said:
Royals were sitting pretty at 2nd on the ladder at xmas last yr then it seemed...whats happened since then...u had Nath Allum playing up til then last yr i guess?

Yeah we started last season with nathan allum, darren allum and tom stevens. along with Damian Earl, Ken Watson and Greg short i think thats a pretty good side, then after xmas a few of the boys decided not to play anymore and not take it serious... bit dissapointing because things started to look up for the club. now we have to dig deep and start over

Back