South A and B 2010/2011

Personally I am not that fussed about playing in a one day competition or a two day competition. I just struggle to see the logic in playing a 4 day Grand Final when the longest games we play are 3 two day games.

And then we have one day games which are not even limited overs like every one day game played in the country. No field restrictions, no bowler limitations, no leg side wides - just seems a bit half ar$ed

And then we have bonus points, which create more problems than they cure - including this paranoia about fixing games in the final two rounds and causing bad natured cricket to be played for 10 overs when everybody just wants to get in and have a drink
Forgive me for my ranting - I have played 1 week in 7 and am starting to go a little loopy:D

Not looking forward to this One Dayer on December 19th, think its a fair joke, Christmas break up is usually the biggest money maker for the club for the season and now there is gonna be blokes having to worry about backing up the next day..
Im desperate to play cricket too but deff not on that Sunday

Little Guy i don't think you will find many people against you on this.From the guys i have spoken through various clubs they think its a joke.Some clubs even have their Christmas do on the sunday during the day....so they lose out.I may be wrong but i'm told it couldnt be played in any of the earlier rounds due to ground issues.With all respect if its only because of 5th team cricket you'd think higher level takes priority.

I'm not sure why it can't just be organized between the 2 clubs involved on agreed date we could have it any Sunday at our club as we have no sunday cricket. Just as long as all games are completed by a set date I think that would make more sense??

My vote would be for no make up games at all. By the time you've travelled to the game, had a warm up, played 80 overs and talked yourself up a bit afterwards, you can easily be away from home for 9 hours. Doing that both days of my weekend tends to get the good lady off side a little. But in saying that ,it then throws out the evenness of the draw and i'm sure that would upset some people.

Not looking forward to this One Dayer on December 19th, think its a fair joke, Christmas break up is usually the biggest money maker for the club for the season and now there is gonna be blokes having to worry about backing up the next day..
Im desperate to play cricket too but deff not on that Sunday

FFS its only 11 blokes from each club, get over it.

No...But me thinks he has a say in the scheduling of these fixtures?
I agree with earlier comment, allow the clubs to pick a day to play it!

Just
You wouldn't know. We have hardly played any cricket and your sooking over one day !

just the lack of flexibility and initiative shown by your beloved vtca. How hard would it be to instead of having a set date like they have now give the clubs the opportunity to set a date themselves send it to the vtca to get sanctioned an umpire allocated and the n if no date can be agreed on last resort play on the 19th of December. It's not rocket science.[/quote]

My vote would be for no make up games at all. By the time you've travelled to the game, had a warm up, played 80 overs and talked yourself up a bit afterwards, you can easily be away from home for 9 hours. Doing that both days of my weekend tends to get the good lady off side a little. But in saying that ,it then throws out the evenness of the draw and i'm sure that would upset some people.

I think the VTCA has done some good things of late, I like the one-day split with two dayers. The T20 Comp is another good initiative. The spare round is - I think - a good idea. You join a cricket club to play cricket and these initiatives ensure that more cricket is played where possible. Sure implementation of new ideas can be refined but they're proactive in the first instance. One thing I would like to see next season is the U/17 Futures comp being expanded to an U/21 comp, this broaden's the potential pool and aligns well with VTCA rep cricket, which may give it the kickstart it needs.

No...But me thinks he has a say in the scheduling of these fixtures?
I agree with earlier comment, allow the clubs to pick a day to play it!

Hey foolish youth. Have your xmas break-up a week or two earlier. Put your Q back in the rack and cool your heels before you have a coronary.

Just

just the lack of flexibility and initiative shown by your beloved vtca. How hard would it be to instead of having a set date like they have now give the clubs the opportunity to set a date themselves send it to the vtca to get sanctioned an umpire allocated and the n if no date can be agreed on last resort play on the 19th of December. It's not rocket science.
[/quote]

It's not a question of flexibility or lack of initiative. Many "A" Grade clubs only have one turf table and as a result play there thirds on it on a Sunday. Hence sunday 19th. It's not rocket science. Back in your box.

It's not a question of flexibility or lack of initiative. Many "A" Grade clubs only have one turf table and as a result play there thirds on it on a Sunday. Hence sunday 19th. It's not rocket science. Back in your box.[/quote]

like i said... if it cant be organised prior to the 19th then it be played on the 19th. Its stated right there in my last statement.

Dingo do you and sledge sit next to each other on the VTCA board or just wait outside to pat them on their backs and shout them pots.You clearly don't organise your clubs Christmas fuctions.Many things are booked months in advance to make sure in happens.
Anyway i will be careful what i write,i don't want Sledge to get upset and PM me again or to be amused with the same "if you don't like it join another comp" line.
Looks like a good game at Parkdale today between probably 2 of the fancied sides this year.

Back