South A and B 2010/2011

Can't agree with Morton as keeper - bit sloppy from what I saw. Finkelde is such clean, crisp gloveman, plus a better bat to boot.

You'd better get your eyes checked mate if you think that Finkelde is a better bat than Morton.

No disagreements that he is a consistently the better glovemen. Having said that, Morton is not too shabby in that department either.

I feel Morton underachieved with the bat this year in scoring 260 runs, coming off an 800 run season in Premier Cricket in England.

However, everyone is entitled to their opinion. By the way, when does the team of the year get announced/recognised, or is this a theoretical debate?

You'd better get your eyes checked mate if you think that Finkelde is a better bat than Morton.

No disagreements that he is a consistently the better glovemen. Having said that, Morton is not too shabby in that department either.

I feel Morton underachieved with the bat this year in scoring 260 runs, coming off an 800 run season in Premier Cricket in England.

However, everyone is entitled to their opinion. By the way, when does the team of the year get announced/recognised, or is this a theoretical debate?

It is voted on by the captains and announced at VTCA presentation night

I would think it's based on this years performances, so to say someone got x amount of runs last year in a different country wouldn't be a good base for selection.:rolleyes:

Under I made nearly 700 runs in 2001 in Yorkshire ... Do I get into the side too? ;)

Clearly I was using the "800 runs analogy" to demonstrate that I thought he had underachieved this season.

Purely on stats this year, he's made 100 more runs at a better average than Finkelde on the biggest, equal slowest ground in the league.

Deck... i knew what you meant haha :)
But obviously you havent played at Hampton...i think the games I have played there 20 felt like 120!!

So after all the debate, what was the South A team of the year?

Don't the VTCA usually release some sort of Leading Edge presentation booklet

If I remember correctly
Lamb (Beena)
Galloway (Park)
Middleton (Beena)
MacKessack (The Tang)
Walker (Aspy)
Smallwood (Hamp)
Tripathi (Carn)
Rudge (Beena)
Finkelde (Hampt - Capt)
Seeary (Park)
West (Hamp)

Wrapped for Westy, but surprised with Smallwood, although he was in the top 6 run scorers.

Rudge won the individual award from Lamb, Dervan (Heatherton) and Tripathi - who also polled votes in South B which was a fair effort given Carnegie didnt play in that grade

If I remember correctly
Lamb (Beena)
Galloway (Park)
Middleton (Beena)
MacKessack (The Tang)
Walker (Aspy)
Smallwood (Hamp)
Tripathi (Carn)
Rudge (Beena)
Finkelde (Hampt - Capt)
Seeary (Park)
West (Hamp)

Wrapped for Westy, but surprised with Smallwood, although he was in the top 6 run scorers.

Rudge won the individual award from Lamb, Dervan (Heatherton) and Tripathi - who also polled votes in South B which was a fair effort given Carnegie didnt play in that grade

Firstly which Smallwood?
Also, how is someone from Aspy in the side??? they were shit all season and had no players worth being in the side!!!

Dont you play double games in England mate? he should be scoring 800 runs over there if they play 25 games????

Strong rumour coming out of Murrumbeena is that big Andy Paton went straight from the pub to the operating table after the recent semi-final loss... After two hip replacements he has commenced rehabiliation with regular power walks around Albert Park Lake at lunch time with heavy fluorescent pink dumbells in hand... If this strong progress continues, surgeons are suggesting that 75kmph deliveries should be a thing of the past and 150kmph fire should return to Kangaroo Road end in 11/12

Strong rumour coming out of Murrumbeena is that big Andy Paton went straight from the pub to the operating table after the recent semi-final loss... After two hip replacements he has commenced rehabiliation with regular power walks around Albert Park Lake at lunch time with heavy fluorescent pink dumbells in hand... If this strong progress continues, surgeons are suggesting that 75kmph deliveries should be a thing of the past and 150kmph fire should return to Kangaroo Road end in 11/12
Find this hard to believe. I found an image of him walking along beach road this week and it wasn't pretty.

Walking_aids_of_value.JPG

Fair point! What's the odds of having like they do in district cricket a one day comp and a two day comp in the same season... Maybe play one day final in January then concentrate on the 2 day games coming into finals?? I think it would give some different teams an opportunity to play finals and give some purpose of actually playing the 40 over game during the season?? Also the t20 comp is an awesome idea I just think it should be a round robin affair. It's a good revenue raiser for clubs and obviously sparks alot of interest in park cricket

It certainly sounds like a good idea.

Back