South Africa In Australia

Using Warner was a excellent move by Clarke and a good stumping by Wade.

Hopefully more wickets fall tomorrow while I am playing cricket myself.

I switched over just before Warner must have stumped Amla. I'd say it's the first time he's ever gotten out in that way.

I wish I was playing cricket, damn team defaulted! It's the third time this season. :mad:

Proteas have fallen apart today, Rudolph got himself out after looking good and then Smith, de Villiers and Steyn followed pretty quickly. Kallis batted at nine and formed a good partnership with du Plessis but he and now Morne Morkel have fallen. SA have managed to avoid the follow on but only just and they are now 9/360.

Wicket-takers today are Hilfenhaus with two, Siddle with two, Lyon with two and Clarke picked up Kallis after a review.

South Africa all out for 388 with du Plessis falling to Hilfenhaus. It's also tea as well.

Australia lead by 162 runs so it will be interesting to see how long Australia bat for. With the pitch relatively benign they'll need to leave enough time to bowl South Africa out. My guess would that Australia bat until around tea tomorrow and try and get a lead of 500-550 and then leave at least 110 overs to bowl South Africa out again.

Kallis won't be bowling either and I'd say he'll bat at 8 or 9 again.

It's funny, every day so far wickets have tumbled in the morning session and then almost nothing after that.

Tahir finally gets a wicket and it's a no ball, you have got to laugh.

Oh dear Warner goes and Quiney gets a pair facing his 2nd ball, Australia need to be careful here.

A late flurry of wickets gets SA back into the contest, will be an interesting 4th day with match set up nicely, Australia still in a pretty favourable position for the win though. Lyon will be very important with conditions that will suit him when SA bat last.

Morkel was bowling beautiful this afternoon but he has all series in my opinion. Steyn started bowling well once he got fired up. Biggest surprise was how Kleinveldt was bowling. Tahir was generating some massive turn so there is a bit on Lyon's shoulders in the next few days.

Well South Africa are 4/77 in their second innings needing to reach the target score of 430 to win the test. Hussey knocked up another half century and helped save the second innings along with Clarke and then Pattinson and Hilfenhaus did some lusty hitting at the end of the innings before Clarke declared.

South Africa lost Smith in the first over and then Amla, Rudolph and Petersen followed in quick succession to leave the Proteas in big trouble. They also don't look interested in winning at all with their 77 coming off 50 overs.

Will be an interesting final day with Pattinson unable to bowl, Kallis with a hamstring injury and showers forecast.

Yep, it's a shame Patto won't be able to bowl. A lot of our hopes will rest with Hilfy, Sidds and Lyon, as they're our only front line bowlers. Warner/Quiney/Clarke/Hussey/Ponting might send down a few part timers and hope for the best.
This is such a good opportunity for Lyon to win us a match though. Here's the chance. I hope he takes it.

Yep, it's a shame Patto won't be able to bowl. A lot of our hopes will rest with Hilfy, Sidds and Lyon, as they're our only front line bowlers. Warner/Quiney/Clarke/Hussey/Ponting might send down a few part timers and hope for the best.
This is such a good opportunity for Lyon to win us a match though. Here's the chance. I hope he takes it.

Lyon has bowled well all Test match but I don't think there is enough in the pitch for him to work with so I think you'll be relying on Siddle more than anyone. Hilfenhaus has been poor for most the match so I think SA have a good chance of forcing the draw. :eek:

De Villiers and Du Plessis hanging in there. New ball taken straight away. Earlier, Pup got Du Plessis out twice and both times it was successfully reviewed.

They survived until the break so a big psychological advantage for the SA's but still a long way to go. Even though it's not that exciting, it's still good to watch, two teams who are neck and neck.

With these two so dug in it's really starting to drift towards a draw.. Although a few could fall pretty quickly if they can just get the initial breakthrough, hard to see where it's going to come from at the minute though.

Back