South Africa in Australia

Re: South Africa in Australia

ArShad;296924 said:
Current Aussie bowling attack is getting worser day by day .Brett Lee is completely gone out of form . Peter Siddle ,Krjza are giving up easy runs . Australia are no more the No 1 .....

SouthAfrica the new no1 and India no 2 ....

No chance mate. If Australia lose this series we'll drop to number 2 which is fair enough however India won't go past us.

India still have a fair way to go until they are number 2.

Jolldo87;296926 said:
No chance mate. If Australia lose this series we'll drop to number 2 which is fair enough however India won't go past us.

India still have a fair way to go until they are number 2.

Australia can better play with NZ or WI OR BANG and win some games ,..

ArShad;296927 said:

Australia might as well give up and play against Canada and Zimbabwe. :rolleyes:

ArShad;296929 said:
Ponting, Hayden and Lee should retire after this series . Useless team.

Haha. A series loss in India and one bad innings here and suddenly we're useless. I'd like to see India beat us if we batted first.

ArShad;296929 said:
Ponting, Hayden and Lee should retire after this series . Useless team.

Get a grip or a clue mate, disgraceful comment.

My hat goes off to Smith, Amla, Kallis and DeVilliers.

Wonderful batting.

schwab2clarkson;296920 said:
Be realistic fellas.

It's a reality check that you guys don't want but what you need......

Proteas edging closer to WACA win - ABC Grandstand (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The fact is you need to have a settled team.

Tell me guys, If the Aussie team keeps on changing how in the **** are we supposed to win test matches?

You want guys who are downright awesome in the shield games.

Phil hughes is only reasonably new. Yes he is awesome in the domestic and first class forms of the game, but he's not going to be a giant killer when he gets into the team.

Siddle and Krejza are only new to the australian team. You can't expect Krejza to do a shane warne and take all those wickets when he's only in his first ever test against South Africa.....
Siddle is only in his first test match, you can't possibly expect him to do a Mitch Johnson or a Glenn McGrath.
Sure both of those guys that I have just mentioned need experience.
Haddin is only showing us now how ****en good he is. At the start most of you lot were telling him that he was no good.... :rolleyes:

SAf. just lost Ashwell Prince which means Dumini makes his debut.

Hashim Amla hasn't been around long at all.

Steyn has only been on the scene for a couple of years.

Morkel is hardly what you'd call experienced.

Harris hasn't been around all that long.

But you can't expect them to win everything eh?

According to you, you need to have Mcgrath and Warne to defend at total of 414.

I don't expect Australia to win everything and I even tipped SAf. to win this series. I find it an insult you saying that we want Australia to win everything.

Reality check is, it's not the inexperience that led to us losing this match, it is the lack of experienced people standing up, realistically we only have two inexperienced boys compared to the South Africans.

By the way, Siddle is in his second test not his first.

Please come back with something other than "This guy agrees with me, therefore I am right" and respond to what we have said without putting words in our mouths and bringing irrelevant topics into the conversation (Re White), and come up with something constructive and relevant that counters our arguments.

Well done De Villiers and Duminy.

I mention earlier that De Villiers innings would decide it and it did. Well played Saffers, well played.

Biggie;296934 said:
Yep, useless.

And you've got no ****ing idea :eek:
Great player, but he's a garbage captain. Now that the golden generation have retired he's starting to get exposed. A good captain probably wouldn't have saved this Test (the saffers played great) but he still made some very... unorthodox decisions.

I really wish that our development system paid more attention to coaching tactics. We were spoilt for a long time by having the long tenures of Border and Taylor, and then after that a team that really didn't need tactics to flog their opposition.

As much as I hate seeing us lose, still a good game of cricket. I thought Australia had enough to win but when I saw 227/3 I suspected something wasn't right. South Africa has amazing batting and they really showed it, well played hats off to them we'll get ya next test;)

Twas an amazing game of cricket, and a fitting end to see Duminy get his 50 on the same ball as making the runs, and De Villiers to get his century. Classy players.

ArShad;296927 said:

Haha. That choke in the World Cup being knocked out by Bangladesh still burning you up?

I suppose you have the 'hit and giggle' Cup to hang your hat on.

:eek:

Caesar;296943 said:
Great player, but he's a garbage captain.
And on that note, anyone just hear the post-match interview? Nothing to do with his ability, but the stench of sour grapes would have been noticable in Jo'burg.

breeno;296939 said:
SAf. just lost Ashwell Prince which means Dumini makes his debut.

Hashim Amla hasn't been around long at all.

Steyn has only been on the scene for a couple of years.

Morkel is hardly what you'd call experienced.

Harris hasn't been around all that long.

But you can't expect them to win everything eh?

According to you, you need to have Mcgrath and Warne to defend at total of 414.

I don't expect Australia to win everything and I even tipped SAf. to win this series. I find it an insult you saying that we want Australia to win everything.

Reality check is, it's not the inexperience that led to us losing this match, it is the lack of experienced people standing up, realistically we only have two inexperienced boys compared to the South Africans.

By the way, Siddle is in his second test not his first.

Please come back with something other than "This guy agrees with me, therefore I am right" and respond to what we have said without putting words in our mouths and bringing irrelevant topics into the conversation (Re White), and come up with something constructive and relevant that counters our arguments.
:rolleyes:
I wouldn't say that they would be nervous. Just inexperienced. For starters you can't expect Brett Lee to do a Glenn McGrath and get as many wickets as possible especially when it's well known that he's marriage broke up. You don't often see Mitch Johnson take so many wickets so often.
Krejza isn't anything like Shane Warne or Brad Hogg so he won't get all the wickets.
Siddle can't get all the wickets either.
That was his First Test against South Africa

I didn't say I expect Brett Lee to do all the work, bottom line our top players aren't performing.

As I have previously stated, the South Africans are less experienced than us plain and simple, we should have been able to defend 414.

Caesar;296943 said:
Great player, but he's a garbage captain. Now that the golden generation have retired he's starting to get exposed. A good captain probably wouldn't have saved this Test (the saffers played great) but he still made some very... unorthodox decisions.

I really wish that our development system paid more attention to coaching tactics. We were spoilt for a long time by having the long tenures of Border and Taylor, and then after that a team that really didn't need tactics to flog their opposition.

Good post was having a bit of a discussion with the Old man watching the lose unfold.

Ponting should of benefited from playing under some great captains (Waugh and Taylor) and standing next to some of the best brains in the business (Gilchrist, M Waugh and Warne) when fielding. But he got into the big job with little experience and it is starting to real show. He has no imagination, it was as if the htoughts through his head were "oh crap there scoring to quickly, i need to contain lets put some fielders on the boundary and wait till Mitchell can come back for his next spell"

Why not throw the ball to Katich or Symonds. He was picked as the teams all-rounder not a fielder. Show some balls Punter, don't look after your own ass. Put it on the line and have a proper crack next test.

If he wasn't captain then his form would be questioned on most likely on the verge of being dropped.

Back