Feb 19 Sun - 2nd T20 - Sedden Park, Hamilton
Feb 22 Wed - 3rd T20 - Eden Park, Auckland

Feb 25 Sat - 1st ODI - Westpack Stadium, Wellington
Feb 29 Wed - 2nd ODI - McLean Park, Napier
Mar 3 Sat - 3rd ODI - Eden Park, Auckland

Mar 7 Wed - 1st Test - University Oval, Dunedin
Mar 15 Thu - 2nd Test - Seddon Park, Hamilton
Mar 23 Fri - 3nd Test - Basin Reserve, Wellington

NZ won the first game quite comfortably at the Caketin chasing down SA's 147 with Guptill scoring 78 including a massive 6.

lol, I can't believe NZ lost that final T20 game.SA did their best to upstage their choke with the last over no ball though...​

I think after game one, it showed their 'pace' attack is going to struggle to make inroads against South Africa, especially on Napier pitches. I'd drop Southee or Bracewell and give Nethula a go.

I think after game one, it showed their 'pace' attack is going to struggle to make inroads against South Africa, especially on Napier pitches. I'd drop Southee or Bracewell and give Nethula a go.

I thought something similar yet, Nethula wouldn't be able to get much turn in Napier. I would drop Bracewell and bring in Boult, he has a bit of x factor about him. Keep Bracewell for the tests

Just had a look at Bracewell's recent stats, in his last 7 matches (all 50 & 20 over), since the ZIM test he has 4/242. Pretty poor if you ask me. You aren't going to win games against RSA by restricting them, you need to take wickets. Sure spin might fail, but from what i've seen, our medium pace attack isn't going to succeed.

Just had a look at Bracewell's recent stats, in his last 7 matches (all 50 & 20 over), since the ZIM test he has 4/242. Pretty poor if you ask me. You aren't going to win games against RSA by restricting them, you need to take wickets. Sure spin might fail, but from what i've seen, our medium pace attack isn't going to succeed.

That is pretty poor but he bowled brilliantly (forget which one) in one of the last ODIs verse Zim, if he could get back to that nice line and length. He would pick up more wickets and be harder to get away. He's lost his and length verse SA so far.

SA 2 for 206 with a lead of 171, game really drifting away from NZ unless they can pull something out soon.

Back