South Africa v West Indies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South Africa v West Indies

i think south africa are a great team
there the only team that give australia a run for there money every other team we smash either in odi's 20/20 or tests

maybe not 20/20's. anywho why are you supporting SA, its just not the aussie way :p. wheres that underdog spirit. have you checked the odds of the windies winning the next test. theyre at 6 dollars compared to SA 1.39. even the draw is at 4 dollars. im always gonna support the underdogs, unless it Australia :laugh:

West Indies won their first test in 2 years! Hopefully they can kick on and win the series.

This was a great team effort from West Indies. They outplayed South Africa in the whole match and deserved the victory. I expect South Africa to come hard at them in the next two games. Hopefully the next two matches will be closely contested.

yeah i hope so to wolf. its about time we saw some competition going on in world cricket.

Wow! Gayle and Chanderpaul, their two best batsmen, are batting for the last wicket partnership. West Indies could be in with a chance if they can get the lead up to 200.

Only if their bowlers do well, this is the time one man shows himself to be a real star

wow that must have been some innings by smith. they chased 185 yesterday itself. west indies dont have a strong batting lineup. chanderpaul is the only world class batsman. gayle has talent too but probably throws it away.

They were a bowler short for part of the match, may have made a slight difference.

Would add Bravo to the list of world class players.

Almost_Austwick said:
They were a bowler short for part of the match, may have made a slight difference.

Would add Bravo to the list of world class players.

He was talking about batsmen. I don't think Bravo is a world class player never mind batsmen only.

are south africa still good??
i no they used to be they gave australia a run for there money

they havent played a test against each other in a while, but i think Australia will still be much better

they are 2nd in the world when it comes to ODI's though

Dale Steyn looks to be a good bowler, hes getting around 5 wickets a match and so far he already has 13 wickets in this series, i would like to see him bowl against australia :p

Yes he definitly is a much improved cricketer since his debut and it would be interesting to see how the Australian batsmen cope with him

Looking at the scorecard lead me to believe that a One day match is being played. West Indies could just last 35 overs and South Africa have raced to 213/1 in 43 overs with a lead of 74 on the first day. It looks like West Indies are struggling to put up a decent performance after their heroics in the first test.

They still lack the winning mentally (you have to learn not to lose before you can learn to win?), the first test was good but they have nothing to help them build to the next level.

If Chanderpaul fails, then the batting fails and the bowling lacks depth. They do have the makings of a competitive squad but unless individuals step up to the plate and perform consistently they have no chance.

Its just sad that they basically imploded as usual, 1-0 up in the series and they let SA square it up and gain the momentum going into this match. Without Chris Gayle, the Windies seem to lack a bit of ticker

One of the problems is that they no longer play much county cricket and as such have less experience of the moving ball on green wickets. It seems to completely bamboozle them at the moment.

The same goes for the bowlers as they have little idea of the right areas to put the ball in to get maximum effect.

when are aussie gonna play against south africa again??
south africa are a great team and they actually give australia a challenge

Seeing the state of the West Indian bowlers in this game, I'm sure Kallis has his eye on that elusive double ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back