South Division 10/11

re: South Division 10/11

DalesHack;369070 said:
Great to see a former state player like Hewitt playing in a local club comp, awesome opportunity for junior players to get a look at a quality player

How about a player of Cockbain's quality for Beauy, 12th man in the Lords Test for England this year I'm set to believe.

Makes it easier to promote the VT as a decent competition to prospective players doesn't it- fair cracker of a match from a spectator's perspective Beauy V Bentleigh

Northern $uper$tars;369251 said:
yep, get down to Arthur st in round 5.

Hewitt, Cockbain & Hignett vs Roach, Street & McInnes.

Please!!! Are you seriously mentioning McInnes in the same bracket as former state players and internationals?!?! Kiddin' yourself.

In the chance that we actually make it on the park this week, does anyone want put them on the line with some selections for the games?

Vicious and Well Directed;369275 said:
Please!!! Are you seriously mentioning McInnes in the same bracket as former state players and internationals?!?! Kiddin' yourself.

He has been Bentleighs best player for years, and apparently made their Team of the Century. Obviously hasn't played state cricket like the others, but he is still entertaining to watch.

Vicious and Well Directed;369275 said:

In the chance that we actually make it on the park this week, does anyone want put them on the line with some selections for the games?

Murrumbeena to knock off Hampton in a close one. Take a couple of weeks before Hamptons overseas players gel.
Bentleigh to knock off Maccabi quite easily. All eyes on Street and Roach early on, not on McIness.
Port Melbourne to defeat MHSOB, too much class and Daykin to start well
Beauy to narrowly beat Brighton in the match of the round, mainly due to the game at Shark Park and Beauy knowing the conditions. Though Brighton will be used to a low pitch and nasty outfield.
Chelt and Chelsea to be closer than people think, if Chelsea have McDonald, Lancaster and Chapple available they will win. If they are not, Chelt could upset.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;369399 said:
Murrumbeena to knock off Hampton in a close one. Take a couple of weeks before Hamptons overseas players gel.
Bentleigh to knock off Maccabi quite easily. All eyes on Street and Roach early on, not on McIness.
Port Melbourne to defeat MHSOB, too much class and Daykin to start well
Beauy to narrowly beat Brighton in the match of the round, mainly due to the game at Shark Park and Beauy knowing the conditions. Though Brighton will be used to a low pitch and nasty outfield.
Chelt and Chelsea to be closer than people think, if Chelsea have McDonald, Lancaster and Chapple available they will win. If they are not, Chelt could upset.

Murrumbeena - too many exits form Hampton, and some good pick-ups by the Beenas.
Bentleigh - Ajax will take the wooden spoon and be lucky to win a game.
MHSOB - upset of the round, small fast ground, both scores will be large.
Beaumauris - Brighton will be stiff, good even side, but some recruits turn an ok Beauy side into a contender.
Chelsea - Stanworth's resume looks alright, but without Cheetham they will be chasing a lot of runs each week.

underarm bowler;369606 said:
Good win for the Hampton boys and always good to put egg on the face of tipsters.

Bentleigh pummeled Ajax. Looking through the Ajax side, if those names form their regular line-up they'll get smashed most weeks.

Some decent totals posted... Port Melbourne with 240, winning over Melb High, who obviously made a good fist of it with 200 in the chase. Brighton couldn't defend 189, with their bowlers taking only 3 wickets off Beauy (2 run-outs).

Vicious and Well Directed;369413 said:
Murrumbeena - too many exits form Hampton, and some good pick-ups by the Beenas.
Bentleigh - Ajax will take the wooden spoon and be lucky to win a game.
MHSOB - upset of the round, small fast ground, both scores will be large.
Beaumauris - Brighton will be stiff, good even side, but some recruits turn an ok Beauy side into a contender.
Chelsea - Stanworth's resume looks alright, but without Cheetham they will be chasing a lot of runs each week.

too many exits from hampton?

mathew pearson to mckinon is only exit - not exactly a match winner for us.

gain dale towler after a year off, better bowler and also gain a quality english bat.

surely the inclusions outweigh the departures

Kev Davis;369648 said:

gain dale towler after a year off, better bowler and also gain a quality english bat.

hey champ didnt see your name in the wiskets for HCC - whats the go there? I thought u were a superstar?
175 seemed a good total.. the Beena no good or what?
Jewell Brighton East is a gun and not surpirsed he smashed a 100, bowling looks sus...
my Jaccabag prediction - S.T.Ruggling -dodegy wicket some say...

Qball;369675 said:
hey champ didnt see your name in the wiskets for HCC - whats the go there? I thought u were a superstar?
Jewell Brighton East is a gun and not surpirsed he smashed a 100, bowling looks sus...

Qball, me a superstar....i don't think so just an average cricketer in an average comp, always fun to talk yourself up, everyone else does so i thought i might aswell.

no need for me to take wickets, as at hampton we don't need to rely on one specific player to perform as we are all about success as a team not as individuals.

quite happy to bowl tight at one end and have the other bowlers reap the rewards.

credit to greenwood, towler and walters 3 extremely different bowlers who had the beena in trouble, mind you some extremely classy cathces behind the stumps flattered us.

as for the dodgy jacca's wicket, not surprised, not alot to work with at albert park, parks vic not exactly co-operative with the club in regards to the ground.

it might sound as if i don't rate the beena, but in 2 day games they may be a diferent team, they had some fairly solid batsmen but unfortunately not suited to oneday games, bowling may be a concern though.

Qball;369675 said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hampton boys continued their succession of wins in senior a / south division with their 11th straight win, easily accounting for murrumbeena.

nicko greenwood taking 5 wickets, pete walters hitting 70runs.

pretty poor batting display from the beena panicked early and never recovered.

poor outfield costing both teams 10-20 runs in the field.

underarm bowler;369606 said:
Good win for the Hampton boys and always good to put egg on the face of tipsters.

Very true but at least we put our tips out there, its pretty hard not to lose when you dont put your tips on.

Well done to Hampton and Chelt who I got wrong. Walters looks like a great pick up.

Kev Davis;369648 said:

Had read on here somewhere that Ferguson had gone as well, well done anyway. No Crouch named in the side though...

Happy to admit that my tipping ability is as limited as my cricketing ability.

Vicious and Well Directed;369965 said:
Had read on here somewhere that Ferguson had gone as well, well done anyway. No Crouch named in the side though...

Happy to admit that my tipping ability is as limited as my cricketing ability.

No bud, ferg is back, you would be understanding if ferg did pack up his bags and shipped out after the horor season the club had last year.

to his credit he has stayed on and the club backed him in as coach again and the whole playing group is behind him.

as for crouchy, only played 2 games last season filling in anyway so not classing him as departure

Weather looking much better this week...

Beauy must be spewing they couldn't have a crack at Ajax over 2 days. Good chance for an outright missed. Port v Bentleigh will be a good one, plus Hampton will have the chance to set themselves up in the 4 early on. Think Chelt v Brighton will be a tight tussle.

Anyone prepared to put their tips out there?

Back