South Division 10/11

re: South Division 10/11

southern sledge;371326 said:
Murrumbeena
Beaumaris
Bentleigh
Brighton East
Chelsea

Chelsea in an upset? :confused: Not much love here for the club in this division who's had the most recent experience in Snr Div.

Happy to play every game as an underdog Southern Son and i'm sure we at Hampton are shelling out the least amount in the division on players which always makes victory taste better.Seems some have it in for Hampton including the moderator! haha.
Good week of weather could be undone with a day of rain tipped for saturday!

underarm bowler;371364 said:
i'm sure we at Hampton are shelling out the least amount in the division on players which always makes victory taste better.

Wouldn't think so underarm, unless you are paying zero! you will find a few clubs don't pay any players at all.

superfreak;371409 said:
Wouldn't think so underarm, unless you are paying zero! you will find a few clubs don't pay any players at all.

Would be safe to assume Ajax and Melbourne High aren't paying anyone. Brighton probably not spending too much either.

Always happy to be corrected...especially on this topic. Good to see some of the clubs not having to pay players just to compete in what could turn out to be an even comp.

underarm bowler;371556 said:
Always happy to be corrected...especially on this topic. Good to see some of the clubs not having to pay players just to compete in what could turn out to be an even comp.

Chelt don't pay anyone either. Not sure if any other club would have had a lower player point total in round 1....think we struggled to reach 20.

Bit different to the north side of the yarra

superfreak;371564 said:
Chelt don't pay anyone either. Not sure if any other club would have had a lower player point total in round 1....think we struggled to reach 20.

Bit different to the north side of the yarra

Ajax had around 6 points I think in Rd 1.

A couple of surprising results this week...

Brighton losing OUTRIGHT to Cheltenham is mind-boggling. Bowled out for 41 & 17!... Pathetic!

Just looking through the scores in both 1st XI and 2nd XI and one thing jumps out at me. How in the hell do you get beaten outright in a one day game?? Can someone from Brighton tell us what is going on down there. Normally you would say it was a dodgy wicket but by looking at the Cheltenham score, that doesnt seem to be the case. Looks like there were still 20 odd over left in the day too. Thats a fair debacle

ItDontSpin;372189 said:
Just looking through the scores in both 1st XI and 2nd XI and one thing jumps out at me. How in the hell do you get beaten outright in a one day game?? Can someone from Brighton tell us what is going on down there. Normally you would say it was a dodgy wicket but by looking at the Cheltenham score, that doesnt seem to be the case. Looks like there were still 20 odd over left in the day too. Thats a fair debacle

I noticed that too!... Utterly pathetic, there's no other way to describe it. You'd be hard pressed to find a shellacking like that in any grade, let alone a
2nd XI match.

It has to say something about the depth at Brighton. I know in recent seasons, as I played a bit in the old Sth 2nds comp, Brighton's 2nd's were always a team you fancied an outright against. God help them should an injury or otherwise force a couple of their better 1st XI players out of action.

Just to clarify with a couple of u eggs who don't know the set up down at Brighton. It is in fact their 3rd XI. Their 2nd XI plays in the 2nd highest grade in the CMCA - Woolnough Shield. I'd more than fancy their chances of beating most sides in the South 2nds competition.
You have to think about this they are playing their 23-33 best players against other sides 12-22 makes a massive difference at that level.
Brighton have very good depth in their top two sides...it falls away a bit after that. More than happy to back them to win the 1st XI flag this year especially considering they haven't had Tillekaratne for the first two matches and only just lost to Beauy by 10 runs and flogged Cheltenham.

Thanks for clarifying that pdog. That aside, I dont care if its a clubs 66-77th best players playing against another clubs 2nds, you shouldn't lose outright in a one day game. The fact they were all out for 17 is undefendable, no matter who they are. Brighton 1sts look to be among the pace setters again.

pdog pizza's;372197 said:
Just to clarify with a couple of u eggs who don't know the set up down at Brighton. It is in fact their 3rd XI. Their 2nd XI plays in the 2nd highest grade in the CMCA - Woolnough Shield. I'd more than fancy their chances of beating most sides in the South 2nds competition.
You have to think about this they are playing their 23-33 best players against other sides 12-22 makes a massive difference at that level.
Brighton have very good depth in their top two sides...it falls away a bit after that. More than happy to back them to win the 1st XI flag this year especially considering they haven't had Tillekaratne for the first two matches and only just lost to Beauy by 10 runs and flogged Cheltenham.

I will give u 5-1 that they wont win the flag this year. Good side, will make Semis but will need more support for Stewart and Jewell if they are to knock off Beauy, Bentleigh and Port.

Back