South Division 10/11

re: South Division 10/11

Was lucky enough to see a bit of the Bentleigh vs Port Melbourne match on Saturday. Plenty of class cricketers on show.

Good to see Matt Daykin bowling at near full steam again.
Chris Street launched a couple of massive sixes in his score of 30 odd.
Port bowled and fielded pretty well, but looked in strife when they were 6 down for 100 odd, but in the end the run chase was probably a bit more comfortable than the scores suggested.

One thing took my eye though was the bowling of Adnan Khawaja. He is very exciting to watch when he bats, but my god he throws it when he bowls. I was interested to see a couple of VTCA officals at Arthur Street on Saturday. I wonder if they noticed it as well. Hard not to.

Also called in to Bentleigh and was surprised the Umps didn't call him. Four balls an over were dodgy, but it didn't worry Street as he nearly hit him on to Jasper rd., if he had of stayed in Bentleigh would have won.

southern sledge;384019 said:
Also called in to Bentleigh and was surprised the Umps didn't call him. Four balls an over were dodgy, but it didn't worry Street as he nearly hit him on to Jasper rd., if he had of stayed in Bentleigh would have won.

Adnan has been chucking it for years and they have never called him, so why would they start now!? When he was at Seddon they had pinned up an article from the Western Times or another local rag in the local after h'ed picked up a bag. The accompanying photo of him in the delivery stride showed his arm at no less than 45 degrees.

Not sure which VTCA ump would have the balls to calll someone for chucking, no matter how obvious it is...

Some interesting/close games this week - Port vs Melb High and Brighton vs Beauey as well as Hampton vs Murrembeena at the bottom end.

OnTheLookout;384050 said:
maybe its a seddon thing, they had a spinner now with a decidely suspect action too......

have to agree about Kwaja chucking it, ripping batsmen and bloke but he just throws them down. Umpires are scared to call someone a chucker, look what happened to Daryl Harper and the other Aussie umpire that called Murali.

On other matters, has anyone ever had J Chapple given out LBW? We had him plumb twice on Saturday and once the game before, all not given. Only then for our 6' 10" opening bowler to be given out LBW when it hits him in the upper thigh..... Not why we lost but certainly didn't help.

Sounds like a bit of a sook about Chapple, Kev hasn't been complaining about it. Heard a rumour that the umps might have made comment about a certain action from the weekend.

gib;384157 said:
have to agree about Kwaja chucking it, ripping batsmen and bloke but he just throws them down. Umpires are scared to call someone a chucker, look what happened to Daryl Harper and the other Aussie umpire that called Murali.

On other matters, has anyone ever had J Chapple given out LBW? We had him plumb twice on Saturday and once the game before, all not given. Only then for our 6' 10" opening bowler to be given out LBW when it hits him in the upper thigh..... Not why we lost but certainly didn't help.

Round 1 of the 05/06 season. Quite a few times before that, but not since according to MyCricket. Perhaps he's just rectified a flaw in his technique.

Who's action are you referring to Sledge?

southern sledge;384158 said:
Sounds like a bit of a sook about Chapple, Kev hasn't been complaining about it. Heard a rumour that the umps might have made comment about a certain action from the weekend.

gib;384157 said:

chappies were deadset plumb in front and nicko was fired without a thought, but hey thats cricket isnt it.

cant complain tho gib, remember what happened to roachy when we played bentleigh, first time i've ever seen that from an umpire

Vicious and Well Directed;384162 said:
Round 1 of the 05/06 season. Quite a few times before that, but not since according to MyCricket. Perhaps he's just rectified a flaw in his technique.

Who's action are you referring to Sledge?

Heard the same thing Sledge - and to be honest not surprised and about time!!!

Vicious - scroll up and see who has been mentioned a few times about a "chucking action" - he's the one I believe will be undertaking some "remedial classes!!" Let's hope the classes do the job!! In the meantime I wonder if now it is out there that the umps will look a bit closer?? Certainly I think opposition clubs / players will be.

gib;384157 said:

Well at least you beat Mordialloc in a 20/20 on Tuesday Gib...confidence going into your season defining game for the year?

lifemember;384179 said:
Heard the same thing Sledge - and to be honest not surprised and about time!!!

Vicious - scroll up and see who has been mentioned a few times about a "chucking action" - he's the one I believe will be undertaking some "remedial classes!!" Let's hope the classes do the job!! In the meantime I wonder if now it is out there that the umps will look a bit closer?? Certainly I think opposition clubs / players will be.

Havent faced Adnan for a while and even though he chucks he still cant bowl. He is a class bat though.

I think some "remedial classes" are needed for Gelbart from Maccabi, the wrong stepper is halfway down the wicket before he chucks it.

Vicious and Well Directed;384042 said:
Adnan has been chucking it for years and they have never called him, so why would they start now!? When he was at Seddon they had pinned up an article from the Western Times or another local rag in the local after h'ed picked up a bag. The accompanying photo of him in the delivery stride showed his arm at no less than 45 degrees.

Not sure which VTCA ump would have the balls to calll someone for chucking, no matter how obvious it is...

Some interesting/close games this week - Port vs Melb High and Brighton vs Beauey as well as Hampton vs Murrembeena at the bottom end.

Can i ask what the go is with Ajax? nearly beaten outright in 1 dayer!!
MHSOB handy pick up last week - Trent Pitts coach of the MHSOB FC Amos side... good player.. only came in with 11 balls to go, so score didnt do him justice.
I see Crouch back at HCC.. they could do with him!

Qball;384418 said:
MHSOB handy pick up last week - Trent Pitts coach of the MHSOB FC Amos side... good player.. only came in with 11 balls to go, so score didnt do him justice.

Pittsy - More than handy, good No. 6 and a wise old head in the field too. Slapped a boundary in the second last over to ease a fair bit of pressure too.

Crouch - desperately needed with both bat and ball.

Qball;384418 said:

what do u mean crouch back at hcc qball, my sources tell me that you play in the same side than crouch, any truth to that??

btw, how do u find playing with Kev weekin and weekout?

parkcricket;384449 said:
what do u mean crouch back at hcc qball, my sources tell me that you play in the same side than crouch, any truth to that??

you should know pc you also play at hampton........................

Vicious and Well Directed;384432 said:
Pittsy - More than handy, good No. 6 and a wise old head in the field too. Slapped a boundary in the second last over to ease a fair bit of pressure too.

Crouch - desperately needed with both bat and ball.

Crouch getting married and will only play the two one dayers - is there any truth to this?
If the rumour is correct is there ANY point to playing him (even though he is 4 times better than there next best player?). Rumours abound that players just do not want to train at Hampton, surely you would get more value giving a younger player an extended run in the ones such as Hutton?

parkcricket;384449 said:

nope dont know what source you have.. but maybe its the sauce you put on a pie?
just know a few blokes there.

Back