South Division 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South A & B

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;360756 said:
Well for a start hes played County Cricket so he'd be ahead of Wild and Cam Huckett.

Yeah but they are proven district players so they would be a head of a guy who made runs n took wickets in vtca .... although he did smash 160 in a fairly recent game for the lancs ... but a one off at that level

South Division 2009/10

With the competition re-structure it's timely we have a thread dedicated to the new South Division (no, not Sth A or Sth B!).

Post all your opinions/comments/innuendo/rumours here!...

Re: South Division 2009/10

Who will be "up there" in contention this year?

Teams:
Beaumaris
Bentleigh
Brighton Districts
Chelsea
Cheltenham
Hampton
Maccabi Ajax
MHSOB
Murrumbeena
Port Melbourne

Port Melbourne
Brighton
Hampton
Bentleigh

Should make up the 4, with Chelsea and Beaumaris providing the competition. Dont see any other threat in this division.

Not Just Empty Words;363183 said:
Port Melbourne
Brighton
Hampton
Bentleigh

Should make up the 4, with Chelsea and Beaumaris providing the competition. Dont see any other threat in this division.

surely maccabi IPL ajax would have to be in the mix with all there superstars ?

Kev Davis;362435 said:
yeah but mate, i played county cricket and only played first grade WACA, thats how good the standard of county cricket is!!

your a bufoon

Max;363197 said:
surely maccabi IPL ajax would have to be in the mix with all there superstars ?

Heard Troy '(pop) gun for hire' Lamb is off to Murrumbeena and a few of their other "stars" have jumped ship to try their luck in greener pastures.

Maybe they got sick of drinking Tooheys Gold?! (which is what the visitor's get tossed after a match there)

Beaumaris - struggle. Recruited Hewitt from Richmond but dont seem to be bringing juniors through all that quickly
Bentleigh - do well. Street and Roach are class and will help Bentleigh into the top 4.
Brighton Districts - Havent heard any news from them tho they tend to win enough games on their shocking deck at dendy as they know every 2nd ball wont bounce. Foolish to say they wont be challenging top 4.
Chelsea - interesting. do they have the intensity to keep playing well? if they havent recruited and Maggs doesnt score big runs I cant see them being as successful. Tend to lose the easy games but win the big ones. Can that continue?
Cheltenham - wont win too many and will be giving games to kids in a re building year
Hampton - Needs all its good players back out on the park. Middle range but can push for top 4 with its bowling depth.
Maccabi Ajax - Lost Lamb and will struggle unless their IPL players lift.
MHSOB - Struggle. Same players seem to turn out every year. Where is the improvement coming from?
Murrumbeena - Gained Lamb and will push for Top 4 if others can contribute.
Port Melbourne - If Daykin is back they should go favourites. Great depth and quality with Daykin. Know Teac Oval well and will win enough.

My prediction
Bentleigh
Port
Brighton
Murrumbeena
Hampton
Chelsea
Maccabi Ajax
Beauy
Chelt
MHSOB

Kev Davis;362435 said:
yeah but mate, i played county cricket and only played first grade WACA, thats how good the standard of county cricket is!!

which county did you play at ?

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;363226 said:
Beaumaris - struggle. Recruited Hewitt from Richmond but dont seem to be bringing juniors through all that quickly
Bentleigh - do well. Street and Roach are class and will help Bentleigh into the top 4.
Brighton Districts - Havent heard any news from them tho they tend to win enough games on their shocking deck at dendy as they know every 2nd ball wont bounce. Foolish to say they wont be challenging top 4.
Chelsea - interesting. do they have the intensity to keep playing well? if they havent recruited and Maggs doesnt score big runs I cant see them being as successful. Tend to lose the easy games but win the big ones. Can that continue?
Cheltenham - wont win too many and will be giving games to kids in a re building year
Hampton - Needs all its good players back out on the park. Middle range but can push for top 4 with its bowling depth.
Maccabi Ajax - Lost Lamb and will struggle unless their IPL players lift.
MHSOB - Struggle. Same players seem to turn out every year. Where is the improvement coming from?
Murrumbeena - Gained Lamb and will push for Top 4 if others can contribute.
Port Melbourne - If Daykin is back they should go favourites. Great depth and quality with Daykin. Know Teac Oval well and will win enough.

My prediction
Bentleigh
Port
Brighton
Murrumbeena
Hampton
Chelsea
Maccabi Ajax
Beauy
Chelt
MHSOB

Daykin is a gun for Port from all reports.
News that Piercy and Lawrence are not returning due to money issues. Massive losses. But president has $$$$$$$$$$$ to throw away. Dumb president not club to spend $30K plus on airfares for Darwin Players. Good players but could get similar players locally for same or cheaper money..

Sources confirm K Davis locked in a chat with South Caufield official over the weekend at a local football game....any truth in this???????

Kev Davis;362435 said:

Kev,

I would have thought you would have played at a higher level than that with your ability??

underarm bowler;363372 said:
Sources confirm K Davis locked in a chat with South Caufield official over the weekend at a local football game....any truth in this???????

Underam Bowler, there was indeed a conversation between myself and a Sth Caulfield representative on a couple of occasions over the winter the passing weekend being the most recent, but like Noble park when craig called, should i play at all, i mentioned a little thing called 'Loyalty' something that seems to be missing from the vtca (does loyalty to cash count? i think not).

Very Happy at Hampton, the club could not have helped me enough in regards to recent events and i believe i owe the club my services FREE OF CHARGE might i add (i wonder how our y'ville mates are going).

Max;363287 said:
which county did you play at ?

as for your question max, i was captain of Durham on ps2 a couple of years back, unfortunately i had to retire due to my dog chewing through my controller

Too Old Body Broke;363540 said:
Kev,

I would have thought you would have played at a higher level than that with your ability??

about 3,500m above sea level is the highest i've played and let me tell you, no 2's or 3's up there, too hard to breath.
:D :D :D :p

Kev Davis;363551 said:
Underam Bowler, there was indeed a conversation between myself and a Sth Caulfield representative on a couple of occasions over the winter the passing weekend being the most recent, but like Noble park when craig called, should i play at all, i mentioned a little thing called 'Loyalty' something that seems to be missing from the vtca (does loyalty to cash count? i think not).

Very Happy at Hampton, the club could not have helped me enough in regards to recent events and i believe i owe the club my services FREE OF CHARGE might i add (i wonder how our y'ville mates are going).

as for your question max, i was captain of Durham on ps2 a couple of years back, unfortunately i had to retire due to my dog chewing through my controller

about 3,500m above sea level is the highest i've played and let me tell you, no 2's or 3's up there, too hard to breath.

lol ,nothing wrong with that Kev , i do agree with you on the standard of county cricket at present it has fallen in the last 10 years , far to many sth africans coming over and cashing in on the kolpak ruling and denying decent young players to progress and improve , its a worrying trend and seems to be getting worse every year , id hate to see how this will affect the test team in 10 years .

Max;363674 said:
lol ,nothing wrong with that Kev , i do agree with you on the standard of county cricket at present it has fallen in the last 10 years , far to many sth africans coming over and cashing in on the kolpak ruling and denying decent young players to progress and improve , its a worrying trend and seems to be getting worse every year , id hate to see how this will affect the test team in 10 years .

the english test team in 10 years time will be made up of steyn, pretorius, de villiers, pietersen and pienaar

Kev Davis;363551 said:

Would the Sth Caulfield official is question be one "Essendon" + "NSW/Vic border"?

Given the way this comp has become in recent years, you're loyalty and committment to play FREE is a breath of fresh air Kev.

Kev the fact you wanted to be Durham and not a team just a little bit south of that says a lot about you.:D
As of the name of the official i can't comment Southern Son....my source doesn't give that info out.
Season only 4 weeks away.....predictions are always fun at this time of the year.....guess the big pressure is on the teams with the big recruits....my predictions would be more on the teams with the best spread of good players and team spirit!

Max;363674 said:

the shame about that though max is that in 2004, Englands up and coming young players were of a fairly good quality, against the Windies a young squad including, cook, strauss, gerraint jones, simon jones absolutely smashed them, followed up a year later in the ashes and have really dropped of since then!

is it time the ecb looked at lowering the overseas player from 2 permitted to 1 permitted and on the flip side of that raising the qualifications to be eligible to play for england???

look at how many overseas players have played in pommy colours since the 70's,

strauss - SA
hick - Zim
Greig - SA
KP - Sa
gerraint jones AUS
ben (RIP) and adam holliaoke - AUS.

theres a few to start with. says alot about the qualification process right there

underarm bowler;363940 said:
Kev the fact you wanted to be Durham and not a team just a little bit south of that says a lot about you.:D
As of the name of the official i can't comment Southern Son....my source doesn't give that info out.
Season only 4 weeks away.....predictions are always fun at this time of the year.....guess the big pressure is on the teams with the big recruits....my predictions would be more on the teams with the best spread of good players and team spirit!

gimme a break pal at the time i was living with phil mustard so really had no choice, he picked the team as he was on the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back