South Division 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South A & B

underarm bowler;348522 said:
well if it was the case that everyone knew there were alot of people that didn't....from speaking to players at the games from round to round and on this forum there was a lot of split opinions. Its not really a topic of debate really as you should look to win every game and stay well away from the bottom!!!! old news, at least the comp is trying to improve.....and will be a lot more intersting to play in with more 1 dayers.

While there will always be individuals at clubs that don't know everything that is going on, there can be no doubt that the comp advised all clubs about relegation/promotion rules pre season. But I can say that even though I definately knew about the top 2 teams being promoted from Senior A, I can't say I made to many inquiries about how many were being relegated. I suppose pre season we all dreaming finals and premierships, and believe that someone else will get relegated.

jika jika;348571 said:
While there will always be individuals at clubs that don't know everything that is going on, there can be no doubt that the comp advised all clubs about relegation/promotion rules pre season. But I can say that even though I definately knew about the top 2 teams being promoted from Senior A, I can't say I made to many inquiries about how many were being relegated. I suppose pre season we all dreaming finals and premierships, and believe that someone else will get relegated.

I disagree Jika, I'm our clubs delegate and a senior player and had no idea how many were going down from Nth A - we were told up to 4 could go but no firm figure was able to be given. This isnt the comps fault however, as it depended on who was relegated from higher divisions - if bottom two in senior A were both North clubs and came to North A, an extra team would need to go down and so on......

Troy Lambs asking price for 09/10 must now surely go up, having won the prestigious "Best Fieldsman" Award at the recent Ajax presentation night.

I wonder who he will try and "sell" himself to this season!

10notout;351520 said:
Word is Adam Ray not happy at MP and is on the lookout for some $$$$$$$$

But is he likely to turn up ??

He comitted to play in the VTCA Charity Bushfire game and was a no-show. No phone call, no explaination... just didnt show up. When players from other clubs (and far better players I may add) gave up their time so generously, they were collectivly let down by a player from South A who decided it was not worth his time or effort.

Rude, and let not only himself but his club down.

Wouldnt waste money on him...

What about all the other players and people who committed to go and then didn't turn up.
By the way Adam Ray won't be going anywhere else and is not worried about money, he would also get plenty of wickets in Senior Division.
I believe Port Melbourne offered him a few grand for next year, but he would rather play at a club with a bit of ticker.

southern sledge;351552 said:
What about all the other players and people who committed to go and then didn't turn up.
By the way Adam Ray won't be going anywhere else and is not worried about money, he would also get plenty of wickets in Senior Division.
I believe Port Melbourne offered him a few grand for next year, but he would rather play at a club with a bit of ticker.

So where is he playing...Chelsea !!

FYI. There were 3 other players who were selected and calls were received from all 3 to inform of their unavailability.

Not Just Empty Words;351530 said:
But is he likely to turn up ??

He comitted to play in the VTCA Charity Bushfire game and was a no-show. No phone call, no explaination... just didnt show up. When players from other clubs (and far better players I may add) gave up their time so generously, they were collectivly let down by a player from South A who decided it was not worth his time or effort.

Rude, and let not only himself but his club down.

Wouldnt waste money on him...

In all Fairness to Ray he had a huge year, and he would be well worth the money.
I'm not sure what went on with the Bushfire game, but he gave MP great service last season.
Would be a great pick up.

I would be highly surprised if Ray left Middle Park as he is very much a genuine local boy around there and not the mercinary personality type (these types have been scarce in recent years). It would be disastrous for Middle Park if he did, as he is a rare shining light in a club that has been on a downward slide for a couple of years and appear to be lacking the required mix of young developing players and some mature heads.

jika jika;348571 said:

scrap senior division, go to zones like subbies and have zone finals with winners playing off in vtca semis and grand final.

eg nth, sth, east , west or the likes

premiers in each zone play in vtca association finals.

but hey im thinking Future and not the 60's like the associations committee

I believe Kev that the VTCA have gone to all the clubs with the new structure and they have accepted it. That has been a forward move by the comp, not the 60's Kev. Remember the clubs have voted this in, we are not the Subbies who don't have promotion or relegation so some teams just sit down at the bottom of the ladder and go nowhere.

Any news on signings from the South Gents?

What about people leaving? Weinstock from Ajax is leaving and I've heard Lamb is also

Gday fellas yeh I heard beauy have signed a good one in former Victorian Bushrangers bowler Ian Hewitt this would be great for the sharkas. Also I heard athletic opening batsman Grant Wood is going to premier cricket club Richmond due to his stellar season last year.

yours truly
Singy

Grant Wood at Richmond Centrals maybe...

Word around the concourse is that there is a huge return in the pipeline.

One J. Coleman has had huge dollars thrown to him by the owner of Kolkata KnightRiders who follows the VTCA south division very fondly.

He wants Coleman in the side not only for his obvious on field skill but for his massive liking for single ladies and amber ales

watch this space

dorothydixer;358792 said:
Grant Wood at Richmond Centrals maybe...

Word around the concourse is that there is a huge return in the pipeline.

One J. Coleman has had huge dollars thrown to him by the owner of Kolkata KnightRiders who follows the VTCA south division very fondly.

He wants Coleman in the side not only for his obvious on field skill but for his massive liking for single ladies and amber ales

watch this space

As a source to Jack Coleman I heard that he will be making a cameo return to beaumaris cc as still wants to be a part time player so he can juggle between his media commitments for NITV on foxtel . He is very keen to be a social member as he heard there are sum good babes at shark park.

In a massive coup for the sharks they have new sponsor in Club keys a very trendy nightclub in moorabin. It is believed spearhead right arm medium bowler Stephen "shiny" Melleck will be there new ambassador.

yours truly
Singy

Who are your sources out of Shark Park, Mr Singh?

Since when has Stephen Mellick been classified as a Medium bowler?

Fair to say i dont think this sponsorship deal will go ahead, club keys is a far to classy place for the boys from Beauy.

Mr Singh, tell me do you know much about Mat Wilson, if so what is the word on him and his current off field indiscretions?

Double D

AB 5 Star;358646 said:
Any news on signings from the South Gents?

What about people leaving? Weinstock from Ajax is leaving and I've heard Lamb is also

Yeah Weinstock back to Camberwell Magpies.

Old news but heard Bentleigh have signed Peter Roach and Chris Street for two years.

Also heard Sth Caulfield are flying in some pommies - don't ask me who or how many.

Haven't heard much else around the south other than that.

lifemember;358847 said:
Yeah Weinstock back to Camberwell Magpies.

Old news but heard Bentleigh have signed Peter Roach and Chris Street for two years.

Also heard Sth Caulfield are flying in some pommies - don't ask me who or how many.

Haven't heard much else around the south other than that.

Not much seems to happen in the South does it? I guess the money just isn't there...not such a bad thing, would rather play with mates than mercenaries but i don't want to start another conversation about that.

South Caulfield flying in a few poms? My lowly South B club hasn't done that sort of thing since its halcyon days when Sobers coached....apparently there used to be a queue to get into the rooms after training!

AB 5 Star;358904 said:
Not much seems to happen in the South does it? I guess the money just isn't there...not such a bad thing, would rather play with mates than mercenaries but i don't want to start another conversation about that.

South Caulfield flying in a few poms? My lowly South B club hasn't done that sort of thing since its halcyon days when Sobers coached....apparently there used to be a queue to get into the rooms after training!

Good on Sth they are pretty representing the region in Senior and doing a pretty good job of it too. Amazed Mullaney is leaving after 1 year...I dont care how good the Poms are they will need to be top notch to replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back