South Division 2012/13

How good has your ground come up?? Don't drive past anymore

Really nice at the minute, but waiting on all the winter grass to die off. Not yet as flat as Beena and South Caulfield, but that’ll come with another 12 months of solid growth. Looks $1 million, which it should given they spent about that on it!!!!

Really nice at the minute, but waiting on all the winter grass to die off. Not yet as flat as Beena and South Caulfield, but that’ll come with another 12 months of solid growth. Looks $1 million, which it should given they spent about that on it!!!!
Rat...more of us would have been ready if our fabulous...said in sarcasm....Kingston council had top dressed our ovals as soon as footy had finished....I swear their incompetence is killing the sides off down here!!! Even MP who dont have footy weren't ready for the same reason!

Yeah, not having a crack at the clubs or the VTCA. We get on pretty well with our council, could be better. But as I said, I'm no grass nerd but if you can't get a deck up with the last two weeks weather the somebody is just running interference!!! We had a good hit on our main ground, and could have had one on our second ground as well. Unfortunately with the weather this week it might be a fortnight before we get away!!

Well 2bluesboss you'll be relieved now that bowling restrictions have been introduced for one-day games. You will only have to bowl 8 overs instead of the usual 20 on the trot from one end. Oh and your bosom buddy Dstrek15 will finally be able to improve his batting average in the one-dayers.

Yeah, not having a crack at the clubs or the VTCA. We get on pretty well with our council, could be better. But as I said, I'm no grass nerd but if you can't get a deck up with the last two weeks weather the somebody is just running interference!!! We had a good hit on our main ground, and could have had one on our second ground as well. Unfortunately with the weather this week it might be a fortnight before we get away!!

Rat, some grounds hosted football grand finals on the last week of september, not sure how those clubs could manage to scarifying, top dress, seed, laser level, get seed to germinate and roll up a wicket in that time!

Cricket Tasmania showed 'true initiative' and host the first xi t20's in the first couple of weeks of October and are hosted by clubs that can manage to get a wicket up, maybe the vtca can adopt this method in future years and show that they are truly the best competition behind premier cricket. Just saying people so please don't think I'm having a crack at anyone.

As for comments re: one day rules, the vtca has showed that they are listening to clubs and adding to the rules ie: bowling over restrictions, lets hope that fielding restrictions can be introduced next season

Rat, some grounds hosted football grand finals on the last week of september, not sure how those clubs could manage to scarifying, top dress, seed, laser level, get seed to germinate and roll up a wicket in that time!

Rockshow – I’m no local footy nut, but I reckon the number of VTCA grounds that were still being used for local footy Grand Finals on the last week in September could be counted on one hand. And that would probably be a hand with very few fingers.

Rockshow – I’m no local footy nut, but I reckon the number of VTCA grounds that were still being used for local footy Grand Finals on the last week in September could be counted on one hand. And that would probably be a hand with very few fingers.

Fair call rat, however our illustrious councils who 90% dont give a rats arse (no pun intended) will only get contractors in once or twice to renovate wickets to avoid paying big bills.

Clubs hand are tied my friend and hence we sit home ona Saturday early in October

Fair call rat, however our illustrious councils who 90% dont give a rats arse (no pun intended) will only get contractors in once or twice to renovate wickets to avoid paying big bills.

Clubs hand are tied my friend and hence we sit home ona Saturday early in October

As I’ve said before, I agree 100% with what you are saying – but as I see it our options are either get the VTCA, CV or CA to negotiate pretty heavily on our behalf with the local councils to ensure everything can be done to get us playing on that 1st week in October or we don’t bother, and wipe the week from our schedules.

Agree with what you say about T20 and one day restrictions - let's see what develops in the next season or two

As I’ve said before, I agree 100% with what you are saying – but as I see it our options are either get the VTCA, CV or CA to negotiate pretty heavily on our behalf with the local councils to ensure everything can be done to get us playing on that 1st week in October or we don’t bother, and wipe the week from our schedules.

Agree with what you say about T20 and one day restrictions - let's see what develops in the next season or two
Lets not concede defeat. Sure councils need time to prepare sports ovals, but the way they manage it with their penny pinching methods is disgraceful which is directly effecting the activities of summer sports. Not to mention the organisational dilemma each association faces.
It's time for every association to demand the cricket union take our concerns directly to the State Government.
Iv'e had a gutfull of council spin(read deceit)

Did he not play? He's listed as the 11th man on My Cricket.

Yeah your right I didn't look that far down... It still works anyways haha if e doesn't score port struggle and the curator at Chelsea is very very good i bet knowing they'd got a good score to defend it would've had a bit of life in it this week

yeh, i travel past chelsea's ground quite regulary & fair to say that the covering of the square over last week wasn't a high priority.

definately a team/ground you want to bat first against/on any chance you get!

Back